PDA

View Full Version : No problems yet...

fishorama
08-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi, I'm new to SD & just want to say thanks for a great forum. 2 weeks ago I got 10 x 2 inch fry from Hongda (triton?), a local hobby breeder
& nice guy.

So far, so good. They're getting over their shyness, eating well 6 times a day with a variety of foods. Bought my first beef heart today but my husband wants me to wait to deal with it when he's not home, lol. They're "his" fish, an anniversary gift from me along with their care.

We tried discus when we were experienced newbies 25+ years ago & not ready to commit to their needs so hubby thinks discus are "difficult/impossible" to keep.

I'm sure I'll have many questions & am doing a ton of reading, good thing I'm a stay at home fish mom.

Armandi_Fishcarer
08-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Sounds like a fab present to me, although I like doing the maintence myself. It keeps me occupied when at home I guess. The huby should get used to it once its up & running for a while. I know all at home got it, 20yrs later lol! :D

Hope all goes well for you guys & great too hear another Discus breeder has made more people happy, well done! :angel:

Regards
Ahmed ;)

Eddie
08-15-2009, 03:05 AM
Hello and BIG welcome, glad to hear you got some quality discus from one of the hobbyist breeders. So you took the first step in the right direction getting some quality fish.

Wishing you the best with them and be great to see photos of them babies when you find time!

Take care,

Eddie

fishorama
08-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys. No camera :o, too busy with the fish hobby to learn a new one I guess.

MRQuad
08-15-2009, 11:20 AM
this is a very nice website indeed.. lots of nice people and lots of experienced people that are welling to waste their time to help you with your fish..

welcome to SD!

Eddie
08-15-2009, 10:43 PM
this is a very nice website indeed.. lots of nice people and lots of experienced people that are welling to waste their time to help you with your fish..

welcome to SD!

What Marv! We are not wasting our time.....we using it very wisely. ;)

Take care,

Eddie

mkv
08-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Welcome and good luck with them. In my case, they are my wife's fishes until it comes the time to do the water changes. At that point all of them are my tanks!!!! ( 2 freshwater and one reef tank)

Scribbles
08-16-2009, 04:02 AM
Welcome to SD! Best of luck with the new little ones.

Chris

fishorama
08-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Thank you all for the nice welcome. I'm up to 8 tanks, I'm a loach nut but I have a feeling discus will be just as addicting.

Nancy

Eddie
08-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Thank you all for the nice welcome. I'm up to 8 tanks, I'm a loach nut but I have a feeling discus will be just as addicting.

Nancy

More.....way more! :D

Take care,

Eddie