PDA

View Full Version : Buttress threaded fittings... I need adaptors!

Chad Hughes
08-22-2009, 01:19 AM
OK, So I have two 275 gallon water holding tanks that I WAS going to set up this weekend, but I'm having trouble finding the adapter that I need to transition from a buttress type thread to an NPT thread. Anyone know where to find a 3" buttress to NPT adapter? I don't even care if it changes the size of the output down to one or two inches, just as long as I can use the fitting on the existing valve. I've attached pics so you have an idea of what I'm talking about. Apparently these fittings are pretty rare. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone might be able to give!

Best wishes!

Eddie
08-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Here you go Chad

http://www.bayareabiodieselsupply.com/storefront/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=143

Eddie

Chad Hughes
08-22-2009, 01:41 AM
Here you go Chad

http://www.bayareabiodieselsupply.com/storefront/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=143

Eddie

LOL! Too funny dude. This was the only place that I could find that MIGHT fit these tanks. I sent them an email with the dimensions already. I am hoping that what they have fits. I can't believe how hard they are to find!

Thanks bro!

Eddie
08-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Yo, and for the price too, thats an expensive adapter!

Eddie

Dkarc@Aol.com
08-22-2009, 09:49 AM
If all else fails, block that fitting off some how and use a standard bulkhead fitting.

-Ryan

Chad Hughes
08-22-2009, 12:00 PM
If all else fails, block that fitting off some how and use a standard bulkhead fitting.

-Ryan

I can close the valve and just use a bulkhead fitting, but I have two issues with that. It looks like crap and I'm worried about that valve leaking over time and opening, possibly causing a flood. LOL!

Jhhnn
08-23-2009, 12:12 PM
There are probably other ways to do it, like rubber plumbing parts and silicone seal, but time is money.

As an avid do it yourselfer, I've discovered that sometimes it's just not worth the time or trouble... yeh, $20 is the rapista price- probably worth it, however, all things considered...

Chad Hughes
09-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Well, it's a good thing that I bought the fittings. Come to find out, when these tanks are full (275 gallons of water each) that the valve that is on the tank will close and stop water, but the pivot point that they are attached to leaks like crazy! Had I relied on the valve on the tank and drilled "other" bulkheads I would be doing some serious damage control on the existing valves to get them to stop leaking. Getting the right fittings paid off BIG TIME!

Thanks for all your input!