PDA

View Full Version : Big Thumbs Up for Bobtools !!!!

mlov1022
08-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Today I purchased 12 Rose Reds from Bob. Here they are 1 hr. after dropping them in. Eating like crazy. My photo skills are not the best. Thanks again Bob.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/mlov1022/Rose%20Red%20Discus/Discus083009001.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/mlov1022/Rose%20Red%20Discus/Discus083009004.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/mlov1022/Rose%20Red%20Discus/Discus083009003.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/mlov1022/Rose%20Red%20Discus/Discus083009002.jpg

DiscusOnly
08-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Looks good. You are on the right track.

Enjoy the growout experience.

mlov1022
08-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks Buddy, I will post monthly updates. ;)

rickztahone
08-30-2009, 07:16 PM
1"?

mlov1022
08-30-2009, 07:17 PM
About. Maybe a bit larger.

BOBT00LS
08-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Hello Marc. Thanks for the thumbs up. Your grow out tank looks great and now your going about this the right way. Enjoy them and I look forward to seeing them as you update this thread. If they turn out to look anything like their parents, your going to have some beauties. Since your going to use this thread as a log, I just went to the tank they are in, pulled one and measured it. They measure 1 3/4 inches on the day you brought them home.

Thanks Again Marc,

Bob

mlov1022
08-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Hello Marc. Thanks for the thumbs up. Your grow out tank looks great and now your going about this the right way. Enjoy them and I look forward to seeing them as you update this thread. If they turn out to look anything like their parents, your going to have some beauties. Since your going to use this thread as a log, I just went to the tank they are in, pulled one and measured it. They measure 1 3/4 inches on the day you brought them home.

Thanks Again Marc,

BobIf I have luck like you Bob, then they will turn out like their parents;) I knew they were bigger than 1". It feels like I just bought a baby home from the hospital, feedings & diaper changes, in my case water changes LOL. I will post an update around Oct 1st.

MostlyDiscus
08-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey (bullet)BOB,

Pics of the parents would be awesome buddy. Good to meet ya the other day. Nice to put the face to the name.

Ed

mlov1022
08-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey (bullet)BOB,

Pics of the parents would be awesome buddy. Good to meet ya the other day. Nice to put the face to the name.

EdI'm sure Bob wouldn't mind. They are gorgeous!!

roclement
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
This is great now I have some, Rob has some, Bob has his keepers, MLOV has his...can you smell a growth comparsion thread here?! Thefunny thing is that the fry tank at Bob's house still looks full! Let's track growth and compare notes!

Rod

BOBT00LS
08-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey (bullet)BOB,

Ed

Here you go Ed. It was good meeting you as well. There is a thread with pics in the breeding section titled " Largest Spawn I have ever seen".

Bob

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/RoseRed6-5-09013.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/RoseRed6-6-09008.jpg
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/Pairs4-16-09051.jpg

mlov1022
08-30-2009, 09:54 PM
This is great now I have some, Rob has some, Bob has his keepers, MLOV has his...can you smell a growth comparsion thread here?! Thefunny thing is that the fry tank at Bob's house still looks full! Let's track growth and compare notes!

RodAbsolutely. I would like to see yours now Rod. You have them a few weeks correct?

BOBT00LS
08-30-2009, 10:09 PM

Rod

Sounds like a great idea Rod. Lets not forget Truc-Tuyen and Jerzguy that have some as well. If I miseed anyone, please chime in.

Bob

Eddie
08-31-2009, 06:03 AM
I'm sure Bob wouldn't mind. They are gorgeous!!

That picture is perfect, stunning pair Bob!

Eddie

mvpsol
08-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone i am new to discus and i picked up 6 from bob 2 weeks ago. Mine are eating anything i thow in the tank. Since i got the home i think im obsess with observing them, eat and fight with each other. anyhow i will post pics here when i get home tonight.

mlov1022
08-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone i am new to discus and i picked up 6 from bob 2 weeks ago. Mine are eating anything i thow in the tank. Since i got the home i think im obsess with observing them, eat and fight with each other. anyhow i will post pics here when i get home tonight.Mine are the same way;)

MostlyDiscus
08-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Snap,uggg that was you. Hugh spawn as I recall. Damn. Should have hit you up for some of those. pretty parents for sure....

mvpsol
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Please turn your volumes down before you watch because the tv was on real loud...http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/MVPSOL/th_MVI_1006-1.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/MVPSOL/?action=view&current=MVI_1006-1.flv)

BOBT00LS
08-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Snap,uggg that was you. Hugh spawn as I recall. Damn. Should have hit you up for some of those. pretty parents for sure....

Hello Ed. I had some in the trunk of my car for anyone that was interested too. Had I known I could have filled one of those 125 gallon growout tanks you have :)

Bob

subcooler
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM

Ed,
It was great to see you again @ Hans place on Sat. !
I also got a few of Bob's Red Rose Fry after the meeting Sat. .
I gotta give a huge Thumbs upto Bob on his Basement Fish room(Actually a finished basement w/ Discus).
I think about your operation every time I'm clumsy & manage to spill water in my basement(only time I'm glad it's unfinished down there!)
Bob has several breeding pairs in seperate 20g. tanks & a lg. cube tank(120g.) just full of many different strains-All impressive shape/coloring!
The sweetest sight would have to be the 55g. full of Rose Red Fry!
Bob -you better hurry up & get them all sold, I think the Parents are ready for another batch:D

I'll get pics posted ASAP.

Peace,
Rob

mvpsol
09-01-2009, 11:22 AM
i tried posting a video but i think the file is too big i guess i'll try pics later on.

MostlyDiscus
09-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi Rob, good to see you again as well. Last time we met it was with Al and the SD boyz. Those rose reds of Bobs are outstanding. Great base red line to work with. Maybe Bullet will trade me some RRs for some Tang/albino crosses I have. They are about 8 months now and should throw some pure albino babies.

Pond liner on the floor to stop the flooding. Helped saved my marrige twice now:argue:... Wish I knew he had them there at the get together. I have Sweens buckets so maybe if shes heading down from Jersey you Eagles fans can hitch a ride....

Ed

subcooler
10-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Justed wanted to add another thumbs up for BOBTOOLS!

I picked up the pair of Snow Whites he listed for sale about 6 weeks ago.

When I picked them up they had just layed eggs on a cone & all looked great!

The seemed to not like thier new surroundings & I reluctantly removed the cone from thier tank,after about a month of no signs of breeding activity!

I suspect they missed thier old home(finished basement/lots of activity around them).The found themselves in a unfinished basement fishroom with little activity except feeding/maintanance visits from me & occasionally our 8mo. pup (August West).The door usually keeps him out,he loves the cool cement floor!

Today I was surprised to find the smaller one of the pair laying eggs on the sponge filter!:balloon::balloon::balloon:

I don't put much faith in this batch, but with the cone back in there, I got high hopes again for some fry!

Bob was gracious enough to send me home with some of the Red Rose fry ,which are also doing well.They have excellent shape & are starting to color up nicely.

Thanks again for everything Bob!

Your Friend,
Rob

BOBT00LS
10-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey Rob. Thanks for the kind words. Im glad to hear they spawned for you as I knew they would once they got accustomed to the new enviroment. If the sponge filter spawn doesnt work out, more then likely they will be on a cycle now and spawn again within a week.

I currently have the Rose Red pair in my community tank but if there is enough interest for these fry, I could but them back in a breeder tank. To all that read this thread, tell me your thoughts.

Bob

mlov1022
08-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Well it has been almost a year since I purchased the Rose Reds from Bob, so I figured I would post an update. It was my first attempt at growing out juvies and definitely an experience . I started with 12 and after a few sicknesses and some culls, I have ended up with 2 nice round one's at about 4 1/2". They didn't get as big as I wished, but they are nice and round. Here they are yesterday shaking at each other and cleaning the sponge filter (cell phone pics).

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/mlov1022/Rose%20Red%20Discus/RoseReds1.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/mlov1022/Rose%20Red%20Discus/RoseReds.jpg

Would love to see everyone's Roses from Bobtools. This is the original thread: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=71711

roclement
08-06-2010, 09:33 AM
I am so jealous! This may be my favorite strain and the reason I got back into the hobby and all my fish died in the Fishking incident...well once they breed for you I am in line for some fry!

I am sure they will still grow, I alwasy believed they grow slower.

Rodrigo

mlov1022
08-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I am so jealous! This may be my favorite strain and the reason I got back into the hobby and all my fish died in the Fishking incident...well once they breed for you I am in line for some fry!

I am sure they will still grow, I always believed they grow slower.

RodrigoNo problem Rod. We'll see what happens, they are still very young.

William Palumbo
08-06-2010, 10:47 AM
I love the Rose Reds too. I had several breeding pair, and NONE of the adults were large at all...females very small, so it's not your fault, as I hear this a lot about the RR's...Bill

mmorris
08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I started with 12 ...

You started out with 12 and you will eventually end up with thousands! :D I think that's quite a sweet deal! You did a great job with these two. My red covers, which are similar, seem to be slow growing and the adults are not huge either.

BOBT00LS
08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello Mark. Im glad you updated so I can see how they turned out and they look great. I regret selling that pair although they are in great hands with Kenny (Acroken) and they are producing great for him. You did a very nice job with them and since they are showing signs of spawning I wish you all the luck in the world. You deserve it buddy. If they are anything like their parents you will have more fry then you know what to do with. Its in their genes to be heavy spawners and great parents. Keep me updated Mark and thanks for the update.

Bob

mlov1022
08-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Hello Mark. Im glad you updated so I can see how they turned out and they look great. I regret selling that pair although they are in great hands with Kenny (Acroken) and they are producing great for him. You did a very nice job with them and since they are showing signs of spawning I wish you all the luck in the world. You deserve it buddy. If they are anything like their parents you will have more fry then you know what to do with. Its in their genes to be heavy spawners and great parents. Keep me updated Mark and thanks for the update.

BobThanks Bob, I will keep up on the updates. I think if indeed they are a pair, it will take them a while to have a successful spawn. They are only 13-14 months old.

BOBT00LS
08-06-2010, 05:11 PM
You never know Marc. Some discus spawn successfully at 9 months. I really want this for you.

Bob

Eddie
08-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Hell yeah, those turned out very nice! You did an awesome job raising them.

All the best,

Eddie

Discus-Hans
08-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Marc,

Father Stendker started about 45 years ago with 4 Discus, you 2.

Now maybe in 40 years you are 1/2 of what Stendker is now......... I would be happy lol

Nice Discus,

Hans

mlov1022
08-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks so much guys.

Teh
08-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Here are my Red Roses that I bought from Bob.

Sorry for the poor pic quality, i should have cleaned the glass. They are around 3.5 to 4.5 inches

BOBT00LS
08-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the pics Teh. Its great to see these discus develop as the last time I saw them they were 1.5 inches I guess. By the way the Turks/Red Scribbleds you were inquiring about will be ready next weekend.

Bob

Teh
08-14-2010, 08:49 PM
some better pics

mlov1022
08-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Nice pictures Teh. They didn't get big for you either.

Teh
08-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Nice pictures Teh. They didn't get big for you either.
Thanks. Yes they are not that big, its around 4.5 inches, but they are getting there.