PDA

View Full Version : streamers?

rickztahone
09-04-2009, 03:24 AM
i was just wondering if anyone knows roughly the age when discus start displaying their streamers? i ask because i have 7 discus that are around 1yr old and they do not show any signs of streamers. any help is greatly appreciated.

mench
09-04-2009, 09:54 AM
what strain of fish? post some pics...there are some strains that the males don't have streamers...or maybe they are all females,not likley,but ya never know. post the pics..

mench

rickztahone
09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
what strain of fish? post some pics...there are some strains that the males don't have streamers...or maybe they are all females,not likley,but ya never know. post the pics..

mench

if you go to the bottom of the first post on this link you can see all my fish
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=73626

Chad Hughes
09-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Streamers apparently don't mean anything today. I've seen full grown males without them, females with them, etc. If they are going to have streamers, you can see the "point" of the stremer early on. that point will usually become a streamer around the 1 to 1.5 year mark IME.

Best wishes!

acroken
09-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Over one year old. Not all develop streamers. I know Blues and spotted albino's male and females will develop them if feed BH. Must be the hormones and testosterone in the meat.

Kenny