PDA

View Full Version : Tetra Master Laborett Test Kits

David Rose
09-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi All,

Like most I think, I use the API Master test kits, but needed to supplement it with a GH, KH, and CO2 test kits. While I was searching for a CO2 kit over the weekend locally, I came across the Tetra Master Laborett Test Kit that includes liquid chems to test:

PH
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
CO2
GH
KH

I was surprised to see that SuperPets was charging $29.99 and then saw it at Wal-Mart for $15.88.

Anyone use this kit and care to comment on its quality?

Thanks,

kirkp
09-22-2009, 10:05 PM
I've had a couple that I used over the course of time. I thought they were very good kits, at least as good as any other I've found. Used up the last one and bought a API locally instead of ordering. Think I'll need to check out Wally World here to see if they have it. What you found is a great price.

Kirk

Harriett
09-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Great price--just want to offer the caveat that some of the test components go south after extended shelf lives, so check the expiration date on the kit before you buy it--price tends to be reduced when the kits start to age. I had a kit that went past the ex date and indeed it began to be less accurate.
Best regards,
Harriett

acroken
09-23-2009, 11:15 AM
David,
I have used them in the passed. I purchase them thru The Aquarium Guys. They maybe a little cheaper here. Seem to be a good test kit. Not like the old Laborette kits I used to buy, which were top of the line back then and big $$. Like Harriett said, have them check the dates prior to shipping.
http://www.aquariumguys.com/laborettetest.html

Kenny

David Rose
09-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I've had a couple that I used over the course of time. I thought they were very good kits, at least as good as any other I've found. Used up the last one and bought a API locally instead of ordering. Think I'll need to check out Wally World here to see if they have it. What you found is a great price.

Kirk

We have a Supercenter here and it's on their online store as well, which could be sent to the store nearest you. I think there is a nominal shipping to the for store pick up.

Great price--just want to offer the caveat that some of the test components go south after extended shelf lives, so check the expiration date on the kit before you buy it--price tends to be reduced when the kits start to age. I had a kit that went past the ex date and indeed it began to be less accurate.
Best regards,
Harriett

Thanks Harriett, very good point and I definitely make sure I check.

David,
I have used them in the passed. I purchase them thru The Aquarium Guys. They maybe a little cheaper here. Seem to be a good test kit. Not like the old Laborette kits I used to buy, which were top of the line back then and big $$. Like Harriett said, have them check the dates prior to shipping.
http://www.aquariumguys.com/laborettetest.html

Kenny

Will do Kenny, thanks. I still have a current API test kit, but I like Tetra all-in-one, which seems like a truer master kit. I also like the shringe to extract water and get exactly what you need the first time.

acroken
09-23-2009, 11:55 AM
David,
If you are using on multiple tanks be sure to use a disposable cup to extract your test water as you do not want to dip the syringe into the tank directly for cross contamination.
sure you knew this but to be sure.
Kenny

terps
10-20-2009, 02:42 PM
The kit gets very good reviews at Walmart's site.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3635399