PDA

View Full Version : Week 18

wgtaylor
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
All is well. They slowed in growth but not stopped.

Tank shot.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll50/wgtaylor/Week%207/week18-3.jpg

Group shot.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll50/wgtaylor/Week%207/week18-2.jpg

5 inch cutout.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll50/wgtaylor/Week%207/week18-1.jpg

Bill

rickztahone
09-24-2009, 12:59 AM
that yellow discus in the last pic has gorgeous eyes, i would breed it :p. all jokes aside, your group looks phenomenal! great shapes

Chad Hughes
09-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Looking good Bill! Right on track with the growth too! 5 + inches! Very well done!

Best wishes!

Eddie
09-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Wow Bill, your fish have the best pattern and interesting color too. Great work!

Take care,

Eddie

Scribbles
09-24-2009, 02:24 AM
Great job Bill! Your discus look great. Looks like some interesting patterns developing. I really like your idea of using a cut-out discus to estimate size.

Chris

wgtaylor
09-24-2009, 10:53 AM
that yellow discus in the last pic has gorgeous eyes, i would breed it :p. all jokes aside, your group looks phenomenal! great shapes

Ricardo,

That yellow one is easy to take care of, that's funny. :D
Thanks, Bill

pcsb23
09-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I like these Bill, my wife wants them all btw!! :D Love the spotting.

wgtaylor
09-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Great job Bill! Your discus look great. Looks like some interesting patterns developing. I really like your idea of using a cut-out discus to estimate size.

Chris
Hi Chris
That 5 inch cutout looked big a few weeks ago. :D
Thanks Chris,
Bill

Wow Bill, your fish have the best pattern and interesting color too. Great work!

Take care,

Eddie
Hi Eddie,
I think the shrimp in the mix brings out the color, especially red.
I probably should put tuna and salmon in it too.:)
Thanks Eddie :)
Bill

Looking good Bill! Right on track with the growth too! 5 + inches! Very well done!

Best wishes!
Hi Chad
I always estimate low on their size but will measure in about another 8 months. :)
Thanks Chad
Bill

wgtaylor
09-24-2009, 11:34 AM
I like these Bill, my wife wants them all btw!! :D Love the spotting.
Ohhh...., trade for some wild rsg ? :D
Thanks Paul,
Bill

acroken
09-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Bill,
I would die for those spotted ones. Simply beautiful. By far my favorites out of all contest discus. Super job with them. Very nicely done my friend!

Kenny

Armandi_Fishcarer
09-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Bill, this bunch is looking remarkable overall. Keep up the great job you are doing, I'm sure this comp is going to be close to judge! :D

Regards
Ahmed ;)

two utes
09-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Very nice indeed. I haven't seen your fish for awhile, and all l can say is wow awesome!!!

keep up the good work

calihawker
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
I agree with everyone else. Stunning patterns. Great job!

wgtaylor
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Very nice indeed. I haven't seen your fish for awhile, and all l can say is wow awesome!!!

keep up the good work
Thank you for the kind words. It's not so obvious when I look at them every day.
Bill

Bill, this bunch is looking remarkable overall. Keep up the great job you are doing, I'm sure this comp is going to be close to judge! :D

Regards
Ahmed ;)
It will be tough, everyone is doing such a great job with their discus.:)
Thank you Ahmed,
Bill

Bill,
I would die for those spotted ones. Simply beautiful. By far my favorites out of all contest discus. Super job with them. Very nicely done my friend!

Kenny
Kenny, you are way too kind, your discus are going to be hard to beat.:)
Thanks for the compliments,
Bill

fishyj
09-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Love the patterns. I wouldn't want to have to judge this contest.

wgtaylor
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Love the patterns. I wouldn't want to have to judge this contest.

Boy isn't that the truth, everyone's discus are outstanding and been given the best of care. Your discus are awesome Jim.
I'm really happy for every one of us. I entered the contest to learn how my extremely soft water would compete in their growth.
So far it doesn't seem to have an impact. There is so much to be learned from this contest. I feel I have already won a bunch. :)
Bill