PDA

View Full Version : Discus Madness Bulldog Blues

BOBT00LS
09-26-2009, 09:29 AM
I had the pleasure of dealing with Mathias of Discus Madness who is very knowledgable in the discus field and took lots of time to speak with me about the hobby we seem to be addicted to. He has a very clean and organized setup with many strains and sizes avalable. Albino's seem to be the hot thing right now and he had quite a few which included Albino Blue Diamonds at a great price. I picked up a pair of Bulldog Blue Diamonds as I was looking for something different. They acclimated well and began eating immediately. The pair spawned once but ate the eggs which is normal for a first time young pair. I took a couple of pictures so you can see as my wife puts it " how pretty they are." From my experience with Mathias I would recommend his discus. Thanks for taking the time to view my post.

Bob

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/BulldogBDs003.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/BulldogBDs006.jpg

mlov1022
09-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Nice pair Bob. Good luck with them.

acroken
09-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Bob,
Very beautiful color on that pair! You bought MORE discus? Nice buy. I have been to Mathias place a few years ago, he runs a very very clean operation. Best of luck with them!

Kenny

hedut
09-26-2009, 01:45 PM
I been purchase with them before, they have healthy fish and good packing too :). Let me know if when you get the offspring from that :).

Disgirl
09-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree completely with your wife!
Barb :D

moik
09-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Nice fish,,as I love bulldogs too..I had one experience with Discus Madness which was totally miserable...I asked him about the items before and as soon as I received them from the mail. He straight up LIED to me after my purchase was received by mail, and THAT WILL BE THE LAST DEALING WITH MATHIAS/DISCUS MADNESS..

D!NGO
09-26-2009, 09:13 PM
You got a nice pair of BD there Bob. I like this kind of Bulldogs where the face and spines are NOT compressed. I think this is the proper type of Bulldog. Nice round red eyes too.

Good luck with the pair.

poconogal
09-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Beautiful color blue on those two and they are pretty! I have a few Discus from Mathias. He does run a spotless operation and has some beautiful Discus. I've always found him to be very helpful and generous with his time.

Darren's Discus
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Bob,
very nice,all the best with them.

cheers

Tito
09-27-2009, 10:13 PM
That's a sweet pair. All my fish are from Discus Madness. I can't complaint that's all I can say. His fish look just as good as anyone else's.

smiley
09-28-2009, 03:46 AM
Gr8 Blues there..eyes talk about their health too :) ...thanks for sharing

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-30-2009, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=BOBT00LS;573901]I had the pleasure of dealing with Mathias of Discus Madness who is very knowledgable in the discus field and took lots of time to speak with me about the hobby we seem to be addicted to. He has a very clean and organized setup with many strains and sizes avalable. Albino's seem to be the hot thing right now and he had quite a few which included Albino Blue Diamonds at a great price. I picked up a pair of Bulldog Blue Diamonds as I was looking for something different. They acclimated well and began eating immediately. The pair spawned once but ate the eggs which is normal for a first time young pair. I took a couple of pictures so you can see as my wife puts it " how pretty they are." From my experience with Mathias I would recommend his discus. Thanks for taking the time to view my post.

Bob

I totally agree with you. Mathias and Discus Madness are absolutely fantastic! All but one of my babies are from him. I've had them for 12 weeks now & boy have they grown. Very nice patterns! Check out my profile album. Your wife is right, you should listen to her more often ;) lol

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Nice fish,,as I love bulldogs too..I had one experience with Discus Madness which was totally miserable...I asked him about the items before and as soon as I received them from the mail. He straight up LIED to me after my purchase was received by mail, and THAT WILL BE THE LAST DEALING WITH MATHIAS/DISCUS MADNESS..

What item? What happened? What lie? This is juicy

DISCUS USA
10-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Bob im 99% SURE THOSE BULLDOG BD S ARE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF MINE,, I GOT BIG STRONG FEELING DISCUS MADNESS BUYS WHOLESALE TO RESELL FROM BLUE GOLD AQUARIUM IN QUEENS NYC .. I LOVE BLUE GOLD AQUARIUM NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM GLAD YOU GUYS HAVE A RESELLER CLOSER TO YOU,,YOU CAN ASK MATHIAS HE CAN DENY IT IF HE WANTS YOU KNOW HES NOT GOING GIVE UP HIS SOURCE BUT THOSE BULLDOG BDS LOOK EXACTLY LIKE MINE FACDE EYE SIZE BODY SHAPE COLOR EVERYTHING,,AND I NOTICED MATHIAS HAS SAME STRAINS SIZES AS BLUE GOLD AT ABOUT SAME TIME.. ANYHOW THOSE ARE NICE FISH TAKE CARE OF THEM LOOKING REAL GOOD..

Discus-Hans
10-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Bob im 99% SURE THOSE BULLDOG BD S ARE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF MINE,, I GOT BIG STRONG FEELING DISCUS MADNESS BUYS WHOLESALE TO RESELL FROM BLUE GOLD AQUARIUM IN QUEENS NYC .. I LOVE BLUE GOLD AQUARIUM NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM GLAD YOU GUYS HAVE A RESELLER CLOSER TO YOU,,YOU CAN ASK MATHIAS HE CAN DENY IT IF HE WANTS YOU KNOW HES NOT GOING GIVE UP HIS SOURCE BUT THOSE BULLDOG BDS LOOK EXACTLY LIKE MINE FACDE EYE SIZE BODY SHAPE COLOR EVERYTHING,,AND I NOTICED MATHIAS HAS SAME STRAINS SIZES AS BLUE GOLD AT ABOUT SAME TIME.. ANYHOW THOSE ARE NICE FISH TAKE CARE OF THEM LOOKING REAL GOOD..

I don't think so Hector this was one of Discus Madness quotes:

Discus Madness Details
Discus Madness is an American breeder of hormone-free discus. We don't import our fish from Asia (which often introduces disease), and offer only the healthiest fish.
Glen Ridge NJ, USA

But I could be wrong of course,

Hans

Discus-Hans
10-09-2009, 08:40 PM
And an other one:

Discus Madness
www.discusmadnes.com HormoneFree Discus, Born in USA Your only choice for healthy Discus

So don't think Asian imports or...........???????

Hans

subcooler
10-10-2009, 02:00 PM
And an other one:

Discus Madness
www.discusmadnes.com HormoneFree Discus, Born in USA Your only choice for healthy Discus

So don't think Asian imports or...........???????

Hans

Hans,
The link posted above-not working!

I'm not endorsing this vendor, just posting the link to his website:bandana:

http://www.discusmadness.com/

Peace,
Rob

Discus-Hans
10-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Hans,
The link posted above-not working!

I'm not endorsing this vendor, just posting the link to his website:bandana:

http://www.discusmadnes.com/

Peace,
Rob

I know it was not working Rob (smart a$$ lol).............maybe I did that on purpose???? :angel:

Hans

DISCUSDAVE23
10-10-2009, 06:45 PM
HEY BOB THEY R NICE ...:):)

DISCUS USA
10-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Oh so definately if their not asian imports then i dont want have anything to do with this vendor im strictly ASiAN iMPORT DiSCUS : )

brewmaster15
10-12-2009, 04:47 AM
Enough banter everyone, please keep the comments to first hand experiences with the seller in this section of the forum.

Thanks,
al