PDA

View Full Version : Week 17, water change #17

Chad Hughes
09-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Hello all!

Nothing new to report. All is well. I wish I had some exciting news for you, but I don't. LOL! Here are a few shots that I took this evening. Enjoy!

Chad Hughes
09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
And a few more.....

Eddie
09-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Looking good Chad! No measurement this time or did the fish outgrow the measuring tool! Fish look super nice.

Take care,

Eddie

seasiderick
09-28-2009, 12:23 AM
And a few more.....
They look great Chad I go to San Diego once in a while I would love to stop by and see your fish and new fish room some time if that would be possible take care Rick.

Scribbles
09-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Your tank and discus are so beautiful that I don't know how you can tear yourself away to work on your fish room. Excellent work.

Chris

mareshow
09-28-2009, 02:09 AM
wow gorgeous!

just out of curiosity what do you feed your fish and how frequent?

acroken
09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Chad,
Very very nice! Tank and fish look beautiful. I love the one with the spots on it belly. You are a busy man these days. Good luck with the completion of the fish room. Are these guys going to stay in the display tank? hope so, since they are doing so well in there.

Kenny

wgtaylor
09-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi Chad

As always, tank and discus look great. :)
I enjoy watching the plants grow with each post as well. Good job.
Bill

Chad Hughes
09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Looking good Chad! No measurement this time or did the fish outgrow the measuring tool! Fish look super nice.

Take care,

Eddie

Eddie,

Last measurement was 5.45" and the caliper that I have only goes to 6". LOL! I don't think that I'll be taking any more measurements until the end of the contest. Pulling the fish when they are so large is not an easy task. When small, they are rather easy to handle. The last measurement was rough, sort of like deep sea fishing. LOL!

Thanks for the compliments!

They look great Chad I go to San Diego once in a while I would love to stop by and see your fish and new fish room some time if that would be possible take care Rick.

Rick,

Any time! Just let me know.

Your tank and discus are so beautiful that I don't know how you can tear yourself away to work on your fish room. Excellent work.

Chris

Thanks so much Chris! I spend the evenings relaxing in front of that tank. It's in the living room so I can check out the fish while I am watching television.

wow gorgeous!

just out of curiosity what do you feed your fish and how frequent?

I feed these guys three times a day with my home made beefheart mix. I posted the recipie if you'd like to check it out!

Chad,
Very very nice! Tank and fish look beautiful. I love the one with the spots on it belly. You are a busy man these days. Good luck with the completion of the fish room. Are these guys going to stay in the display tank? hope so, since they are doing so well in there.

Kenny

Thanks for the kind words Kenny! It's really interesting how the patterns of every fish are so different. I have one that shows some really light stripes. I'd say the color and the patterns of these fish are their true adult traits. I don;t expect any more cahnges. These guys will stay in this tank unless something unexpected happens.

Hi Chad

As always, tank and discus look great. :)
I enjoy watching the plants grow with each post as well. Good job.
Bill

Thanks so much Bill! I really appreciate tohe compliments!

Best wishes!

smiley
09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
great looking fish chad..best of luck

Chad Hughes
09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
great looking fish chad..best of luck

Thank you! :)

fishyj
09-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Chad, I just love that tank and those fish are coming along very nicely. I know what you mean about trying to measure them.

Chad Hughes
09-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Chad, I just love that tank and those fish are coming along very nicely. I know what you mean about trying to measure them.

Thanks Jim! Yes, they have become quite a handfull!

Best wishes!

rickztahone
09-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Hello all!

Nothing new to report. All is well. I wish I had some exciting news for you, but I don't. LOL! Here are a few shots that I took this evening. Enjoy!

no news is good news right bud?

Chad Hughes
09-28-2009, 11:54 PM
no news is good news right bud?

Very true.... :p

It's always nice to have something to say though. LOL!

Take care man!

DiscusKev
09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Nice shots :)

Chad Hughes
09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks Kev!

Best wishes!

pcsb23
10-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Are some beginning to show some spots? They look good Chad :)

Chad Hughes
10-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Are some beginning to show some spots? They look good Chad :)

Thanks Paul!

Some do show more spots than others. So far the patterns are a lot less than some of the other contestant's fish.

Best wishes!

Dkarc@Aol.com
10-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Looks great Chad!!

Maybe use a little bit of Tricane on the fish to anesthetize them for measuring, especially since they are getting larger....quick and easy.

-Ryan

Chad Hughes
10-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Ryan,

Interesting. Never heard of the stuff. I'll check in to it. Does it work on people? LOL!

Best wishes!

Dkarc@Aol.com
10-01-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.wchemical.com/Fish-Anesthetics-Sedatives-C7.aspx

Tricane or Aquacalm....ive used both and both work great. But since they are anesthetics, overdosing is always a concern. Super simple to work with though. Get yourself a good digital gram scale before you work with it. Can be used as anesthetic for measuring fish, or even added to shipping water to sedate them (reduce transport stress).

-Ryan

Chad Hughes
10-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the tip Ryan! I'll check in to it. I have a gram scale for ferts, so that's not a problem.

Best wishes!

calihawker
10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Great pics Chad! Nice job!

Chad Hughes
10-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks Steve!

Have a great weekend!

Armandi_Fishcarer
10-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Chad, they just seem too be getting bigger & better. The whole tank in combination with the fish are filling in nicely. Keep it up & you'll end up with just as the fab pics a picture perfect soothing senery! :D

Regards
Ahmed ;)

hedut
10-04-2009, 08:52 AM
nice set up Chad:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumb sup::thumbsup::thumbsup: