PDA

View Full Version : finding quality discus

jrodriguez
10-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Does anyone know any trusted breeders to buy discus from Singapore or Malaysia? Has anyone buy any from over seas? they seem to have great fish!

mkv
10-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Is there a particular reason? Seems that by the time you finish paying the import duties, permits and freight you will be better off buying from the Sponsors in this forum. With so many good people here, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for or they can source it for you... just MIO

Eddie
10-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Which breeder or farm do you have in mind? As mentioned, best to get some fish from an importer in the US. There are alot of sponsors that import discus from Malaysia.

Take care,

Eddie

Jhhnn
10-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Only if you're interested in importing a large quantity of fish would the paperwork and the legwork be worth the trouble of dealing directly w/ the breeder. I've heard of group order deals, but really don't know how that's accomplished or how well it's worked out for the participants.

Several of our sponsors import from Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and other discus breeding locales. If you're not in a position where you want to spend a *lot* of money, the small markup they get is well worth it...

jrodriguez
10-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for their replies. It sounds like a lot of work and I have enough work in front me just getting this 90gal started.

rickztahone
10-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for their replies. It sounds like a lot of work and I have enough work in front me just getting this 90gal started.

then your best bet would be getting from a sponsor on here that imports.

Elite Aquaria
10-03-2009, 01:59 PM
jrodriguez,

I am just down I95...You can come down and hand pick your fish from my tanks...Here are pics from my latest Wayne Ng shipment.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=73718

Eddie
10-03-2009, 08:06 PM
jrodriguez,

I am just down I95...You can come down and hand pick your fish from my tanks...Here are pics from my latest Wayne Ng shipment.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=73718

I'd have to FULLY recommend Dan! If I ever had the option to pick some of his fish from Wayne, it would be like a dream! I love the new Royal Blue Titans and Reflection Deep.

All the best,

Eddie