PDA

View Full Version : USA Shows

fireman5214
10-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Just was curious if there were any USA discus shows or any type of tropical fish/saltwater aquarium shows in the USA. I am from eastern PA in Nazareth near Allentown/Poconos. Just was curious. I know both my other hobbies garden/model railroading shows are all over the USA and there are "Mini PLUS" events around which is for a Planet Christmas forum I am on as I decorate like a nut for christmas with computer controlled lights dancing to music. The PLUS stands for Planet christmas Lights Up Symposium which are either rum by members of the forum in their general area and a few christmas vendors or there is a national event once a year which is bigger obviously. I was also wondering if anyone would think of coming to a show like this as a patron with like a 4 or 5.00 entry fee or if any aquarium suppliers, livestock, plants, heaters and other equipment for aquariums would be interested in coming to an event like that. I do have our fire company social hall with a MAX seating capacity of 250. Maybe have a few demos??? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

pcsb23
10-09-2009, 03:50 PM
You may find this interesting :)
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=72712

Moon
10-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Thre are a number of tropical fish hobby clubs in the US and Canada that have shows and auctions. American Chiclid Association (ACA) and Ohio Chiclid Association have yearly shows and conventions. For a list of clubs try FAAS or CAOAC websites.

Discus-Hans
10-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Here you go:

http://www.kingfishservices.net/events.asp

Ray gives updates on this all the time,

Hans

Fons_van_der_Hart
10-10-2009, 06:10 AM
Somehow this thread drew my attention.

Hi Fireman,

Good to see there are others around here visiting the PlanetChristmas forums. Unfortunatly there are no shows like the PLUS in the USA. Only one in Germany and in Singapore every other year. But the ACA Convention can be compared with the Mini-plus.
And the next years Discus Championship in Texas might be sure something to visit.

Looking forward to see you again on the other forum aswel...

Fons.