PDA

View Full Version : PE Mysis

Aquaben19
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Anyone use this product - PE Mysis? How well does it work? Its like 68% protein. My LFS sells it for $15 for what looks like a small portion. However if it help the fish grow and they like it, I will buy it.

Ben

Jhhnn
10-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Haven't used the Piscine Energetics brand, but my fish went for the Hikari brand- no prob, but not for their jumbo mysis. weird.

Check with our sponsor at Aquatic Foods- might want to get a mixed order of Hikari frozen mysis, brine shrimp, and blood worms for a good price, if you'll go for 10lbs or more... the way it's packed, it should keep indefinitely in the freezer, and it's all good food...

Aquaben19
10-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Hmm.. I have also read that PE Mysis freezes the full shrimp. I wonder if the 2-3 inch juvies will eat them if they cant wrap thier mouths around them, meaning will they pick them apart or will I have to cut it up.... I will buy some soon and give a proper review...

Ben

Cooldadddyfunk286
10-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I feed all my fish with PE and it packs on growth. its expensive, but they are TOP quality shrimps...full shrimps. they are a bit bigger than the pieces of shrimp in the hikari cubes, but even my 3 inch fish will eat them up in a hurry. so its no prob for small fish...maybe for 2 inch or smaller its no good, but like I said, my 3-4 inch fish, and all my adults loooove them!

give em a shot!

rickztahone
10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I know Bill @ IE uses them but when he told me the price of one packet i told him i'd pass. he told me it's great stuff though

Pardal
10-24-2009, 06:59 PM
The true is my adullts preffer them to other brands like ocean nutrition, and hikari, but they are pricy and only use it evey once in a while since the others do the job.
Julian.