PDA

View Full Version : Another FX5 question, when bought new does it come with the media?

Cakes
10-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I am debating a new one for $299 shipping included or a used one off Craigslist for $180 with all the media included.

Does a new one come with the bio and mech media?

seanyuki
10-14-2009, 09:35 AM
FLUVAL FX5 CANISTER FILTER from one of the sponsors here in Simply Discus forum and sells ir for $299.99

This filter comes complete with everything you need to get started. Self priming instant start system provides quiet operation. Unique aqua stop prevents accidental flow during maintenance through the hoses. Lift out stack media baskets. Purge valve allows partial discharge of debris without removing the unit. Filters 925 gph. For aquariums up to 400 gallons

http://www.kensfish.com/canisterfilterlinks.html

Harriett
10-14-2009, 10:33 AM
The baskets in the FX5 have 2 components: one is the heavy duty foam liners that go around the media baskets [2 per basket and 6 total] and those do come with the filter. The cup part of the baskets themselves are empty when you buy the filter and you can put whatever you want in there--bioballs, floss, etc.
Best regards,
Harriett

Chad Hughes
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
If you are willing to bid and wait, you could score one for $199 off Ebay. I did that a while back and ended up selling it still in the box. I just couldn;t pass up that deal! LOL!

Anyway, best of luck on your purchase! They are GREAT filters!

Cakes
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the replies.

Mods you can close this thread if you would like.