PDA

View Full Version : 10-19 Update

fishyj
10-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been busy at work finishing off our season and now I will have more time due to being laid off. I am a seasonal worker. I've been doing it the last 5 years so I am used to it. Back to the tank. The fish are still growing and I have (against most opinions) added a substrate and some low light plants. The plants that I have added have been in a 10 gallon tank for 4 months with no fish and were surviving so I decided to dress up my tank with these to help with the algae problem. So far it has been working out and the fish love swimming by them. A couple of them will move to this area when the lights go out and stay there until morning. The 125 will become my show tank with these 6 fish as the centerpiece. Right now a 1/3 of the tank is lightly planted but eventually I will plant more throughout the entire tank. I still vacuum the tank out daily and do partial water changes. The rest of the plants that I will add will be quarantined in the 10 gallon tank. I will be posting some pictures later on today when my battery is charged on the camera. I was able to get 1 picture but more will follow.

Scribbles
10-19-2009, 02:33 AM
Sorry to hear that you were laid off Jim. That really sucks. I hope that all goes well for you. I can't wait to see pics of your whole tank with the plants. The discus are looking great. Take care.

Chris

Eddie
10-19-2009, 04:51 AM
Hey there Jim, sorry to hear about the job. Hope all is okay with you! Your fish look great and look forward to more pictures!

Take care,

Eddie

wgtaylor
10-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi Jim
Where I grew up half the town was off for the winter, great time to catch up on things around the house.
They look like they are still growing and doing really well, looking forward to seeing a tank shot of your new setup. :)
Bill