PDA

View Full Version : soaking pellets before feeding...

silent_thunder
10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I recently bought some color enhancing pellets from AngelPlus...
They look awefull large to me...

I have read here that caution should be taken when feeding pellets as they can swell in the discus stomachs...

Soooooo....should I soak them first?

Thx

D

rickztahone
10-22-2009, 07:41 PM
I recently bought some color enhancing pellets from AngelPlus...
They look awefull large to me...

I have read here that caution should be taken when feeding pellets as they can swell in the discus stomachs...

Soooooo....should I soak them first?

Thx

D

are these the color bits with garlic or something? if so, these are by far the most messy food i have ever tried, even above BH. i wouldnt soak those since they dissolve in about 10 seconds in water

Eddie
10-22-2009, 08:16 PM
are these the color bits with garlic or something? if so, these are by far the most messy food i have ever tried, even above BH. i wouldnt soak those since they dissolve in about 10 seconds in water

Ditto, LOL....they are WAY too messy!

Eddie

silent_thunder
10-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Those would be it LOL

I will throw them alright...into the trash!

Thx....good thing I asked:D

Cooldadddyfunk286
10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
one time I tried these ON pellets with garlic...accidentally put a bit too much into the tank, thinking it was fine cuz the fish were hungry...well they didnt touch the stuff, and a few hours, my whole tank and the room STUNK! lol...those pellets w garlic are suuuper messy. mine were made by ON i think...got them at LFS

silent_thunder
10-25-2009, 08:56 PM
one time I tried these ON pellets with garlic...accidentally put a bit too much into the tank, thinking it was fine cuz the fish were hungry...well they didnt touch the stuff, and a few hours, my whole tank and the room STUNK! lol...those pellets w garlic are suuuper messy. mine were made by ON i think...got them at LFS

I will just grind mine up when I make another meat recipie...no since in tossing it...

I hope...

Mr Wild
10-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Perfect solution! Always easy to get rid of food they don't like that way too!