PDA

View Full Version : Frostbite Falls Discus Club Meeting

Willie
11-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Our next meeting in Minneapolis is scheduled for Saturday, December 19, at 6 pm. Check out the local fish forum (http://www.minnfish.com) for more details.

The Frostbite Falls Discus Club is an informal grouping of discus keepers in the Twin Cities that meet irregularly at a member's fishroom. It's a potluck affair. Occasionally we have speakers, often we don't. Past speakers include Bing Seto, Cary Strong, Discus Hans, Joe Szelesi and Ken Davis. This time, we won't have a speaker.

What we do have is a raffle for discus and other aquarium accessories, e.g. books, filters, heaters, etc. The club also brings in tetras and corys from a local wholesaler. Plus we have great food and great conversation. Members can also bring discus to trade/sell.

If you want to be a member, just send me an e-mail or PM with your name, e-mail address, location and phone number. I add you to the e-mail circulation list for meeting announcements. That's it. Our motto is

"No dues, no by-laws, no stinkin' badges!"

Willie

rsawest@yahoo.com
11-15-2009, 12:23 PM
As a member of Frostbite Falls Discus Club, I want to encourage anyone who is interested in discus to attend. We always have a great pot luck and great conversation. I also want to emphasize the informal nature of our group so there are no membership fees to hold anyone back.

This meeting will be at Willie's fishroom. He's got numerous tanks filled with discus from Discus Hans, Kenny, and Mike Beals plus some of the hobbyist breeders from this from this forum. This would be a great chance to see the KISS method of discus keeping in action.

I hope to see you there!

Al M.
11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I can 2nd what Linda says, good foood, nice people, great conversation and very some knowlegable discus people, Willie @ Linda Included....Lets have some fun...Al M.

Willie
11-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Looks like we'll also have albino and brown long fin plecos for sale and raffle as well. Looks like it's going to be a great meeting!

Willie

jezzicaz789
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Our next meeting in Minneapolis is scheduled for Saturday, December 19, at 6 pm. Check out the local fish forum (http://www.minnfish.com) for more details.

The Frostbite Falls Discus Club is an informal grouping of discus keepers in the Twin Cities that meet irregularly at a member's fishroom. It's a potluck affair. Occasionally we have speakers, often we don't. Past speakers include Bing Seto, Cary Strong, Discus Hans, Joe Szelesi and Ken Davis. This time, we won't have a speaker.

What we do have is a raffle for discus and other aquarium accessories, e.g. books, filters, heaters, etc. The club also brings in tetras and corys from a local wholesaler. Plus we have great food and great conversation. Members can also bring discus to trade/sell.

If you want to be a member, just send me an e-mail or PM with your name, e-mail address, location and phone number. I add you to the e-mail circulation list for meeting announcements. That's it. Our motto is

"No dues, no by-laws, no stinkin' badges!"

Willie

Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.