PDA

View Full Version : Week 27

wgtaylor
11-24-2009, 01:21 PM
My contest discus arrived May 19 2009, they just completed 27 weeks at my home.
Half way through the challenge and not much happening to report so thought I would just experiment with new pictures.
I have this camera, Canon EOS Digital Rebel 350D that I've been using in automatic mode and thought I could try to learn something new.
I have been trying to get the best quality pictures taken in their normal, not very bright light, without flash and still see their true colors.
These pictures were taken with no flash at ISO 400 for quality and using Shutter-Priority mode to get the fastest shutter speed with available light to get sharp pictures.
Now I know nothing about photography at all but these pictures finally appear to me to be the actual color of the discus.
Life is more challenging for me than these discus. :D Hope you enjoy the pics. :)

Bill

wgtaylor
11-24-2009, 01:24 PM
and a few more pics.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Bill

acroken
11-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Bill,
Brilliant photography. I love the clarity of your photos. They are looking beautiful. A truly amazing job you are doing with these challenge discus. I hear you on the challenge fish, we could not ask for a healthier group. You are an incredible keeper and photographer of these discus.

Kenny

Scribbles
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Great pictures Bill! Your discus look great, nice and healthy. You're doing a wonderful job with them.

Chris

Chad Hughes
11-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Fantastic shots Bill! Your fish really show some interesting patterns! They are certainly healthy and thriving under your excellent care!

Well done!

2075turner
11-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Excellent photos you have there...I too am challanged as you know on the photo taking:mad::mad: Maybe by the end of the challenge I will figure it out:) It is nice to have such a healthy stock to work with that only requires regular maintance.:) Your fishies look great!!

TRUC10507
11-24-2009, 06:57 PM
They look awsome

wgtaylor
11-24-2009, 09:51 PM
They look awsome
Thank you very much.

Excellent photos you have there...I too am challanged as you know on the photo taking:mad::mad: Maybe by the end of the challenge I will figure it out:) It is nice to have such a healthy stock to work with that only requires regular maintance.:) Your fishies look great!!
Hi Evelyn
I think your photo's are looking better with each new post of yours. I agree it's the hardest part of the contest.
Hope everything is going well for you. :)

Fantastic shots Bill! Your fish really show some interesting patterns! They are certainly healthy and thriving under your excellent care!

Well done!
Thanks Chad, got healthy discus and just trying to keep them that way.
Take care.

Great pictures Bill! Your discus look great, nice and healthy. You're doing a wonderful job with them.

Chris
Thanks Chris, I give it my best. :)

Bill,
Brilliant photography. I love the clarity of your photos. They are looking beautiful. A truly amazing job you are doing with these challenge discus. I hear you on the challenge fish, we could not ask for a healthier group. You are an incredible keeper and photographer of these discus.

Kenny
You are way too complimentary Kenny. Food and water and these guys are easy. Photos are harder, some lucky shots you don't get to see all the bad ones. ha ha :D:D
Thanks buddy.

fishyj
11-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Great looking pictures. I wish my camera skills were like that.

Eddie
11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Awesome pictures Bill, top notch! The fish are looking fabulous as always. Really admiring their patterns. Few of them have reverse bars or faint outlines of vertical, very interesting.

Take care and keep up the great work!

Eddie

wgtaylor
11-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Awesome pictures Bill, top notch! The fish are looking fabulous as always. Really admiring their patterns. Few of them have reverse bars or faint outlines of vertical, very interesting.

Take care and keep up the great work!

Eddie
Thanks Eddie
I think some have the white patterns develop vertically along side the stress bars, different than I've seen before. Will have to see if it continues to develop.
Take care buddy

Great looking pictures. I wish my camera skills were like that.
Hi Jim,
It's all in the camera, I have no photography skills but I keep trying to learn.
Thanks for the compliment though.

MRQuad
11-28-2009, 07:54 PM
bill, the fish are nice and the shots are beautiful too! man, i miss my fish now.. really, really bad.. keep up a great job bud!

calihawker
12-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Beautiful pics Bill. Keep up the good work!!