PDA

View Full Version : manzanita drift wood

jimmyjoe
11-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey all, I'd like to place some manzanita drift wood in my tanks an I've noticed people have attached them to wood on top of the tank. If anyone has done it this way is there a certain kind of wood used or could it be any thin slat piece to just hold the manzanita in place. Thanks for any replies..........................Jim in Ohio

ChloroPhil
11-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Jim,

Cable-ties/Zip-ties work really well to hold Manzanita bunches together and hold them on to tank braces. You can also use silocone or screws attached to suction cups to adhere wood to the side of your aquarium.

Regards,
Phil

05 LL Stang
11-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I used 1.5" strips of plexiglass with screws through the glass into the wood and it works great....

jeff@zina.com
11-24-2009, 11:52 PM
I like the plexiglass idea. I have used a piece of aluminum angle stock I had lying around and drilled some holes for stainless steel screws into the wood. I eventually added a dab of silicone on the ends of the angle to keep it from sliding on the tank frame. The last driftwood I bought came with suction cups that happened to be placed perfectly, and that lets me use a cover that the aluminum angle blocked.

Jeff

jimmyjoe
11-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks all that replied I like the plexi-glass strip idea alot, but doesn't it interfer with the glass-top on the tank. I don't want it wobbling around, or would it matter?