PDA

View Full Version : breeding my discus

laszlo619
11-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Ok i have discus ready for breeding I have all things needed but im in need of help! first how can i make them breed faster second do they need a light for breeding third do i do a water change every 5 days? 4. what do i feed them do be very healthy? and how do i tell if they are breeding?

Eddie
11-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Ok i have discus ready for breeding I have all things needed but im in need of help! first how can i make them breed faster second do they need a light for breeding third do i do a water change every 5 days? 4. what do i feed them do be very healthy? and how do i tell if they are breeding?

Patience..patience and patience are what you need.

A dim light 24/7 is good.

Not sure what you are asking about water changes, best to keep the tank clean IMO, with daily water changes.

Feeding, feed them what are already eating.

How do you tell if they are breeding. :confused: Generally the female lays eggs and then male goes behind her to fertilize the eggs.

My question, how do you know if your discus are ready for breeding, if you have these questions. LOL

Eddie

laszlo619
11-24-2009, 09:34 PM
haha i "think" there ready there huge there paired and holding my other discus away from the clay breeder i feed them cut red worms and bloodworms

Eddie
11-24-2009, 09:39 PM
haha i "think" there ready there huge there paired and holding my other discus away from the clay breeder i feed them cut red worms and bloodworms

If you are planning to keep the fry, they will eventually need to be moved. First they need to lay eggs and hopefully you have a mature male that will fertilize the eggs. Lots of things need to happen before you move them, with getting the eggs to wriggler stage being vital. ;) This will let you know you have a male and a female and that they are mature enough.

Eddie

laszlo619
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
thank you

Eddie
11-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Any time and best of luck with your fishes!

Eddie