PDA

View Full Version : Challenge update 11.24 w/ measurement

acroken
11-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Hello all, we are half way through the challenge and everything is going well. No changes in routine. I decided to take a measurement at this point as I already had to put a few of them out for sample scrapings. There is nothing wrong with them just something I do from time to time. As it turns out,it looks like I will be needing a larger pair of calipers as these guy are already over the max of 6 1/8" of my calipers:D I hope you enjoy the update.

Kenny

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2123.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2106.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2090.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2089.jpg

Billy Vu
11-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Those look awsome Kenny! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Billy

Islesfan
11-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Awesome job Kenny, those fish are beautiful!!!

Mike

Harriett
11-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Kenny,
They look absolutely fantastic! How old are these guys now?
Best regards,
Harriett

acroken
11-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Those look awsome Kenny! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Billy Thanks Billy. Halfway through:D

Awesome job Kenny, those fish are beautiful!!!

Mike I appreciate the kind words Mike

Kenny,
They look absolutely fantastic! How old are these guys now?
Best regards,
Harriett I would figure them to be 8 1/2 to 9 months old at this point. I received them at 2 1/2" I guess they were somewhere between 2 to 3 months old. Thank you Harriett

Cooldadddyfunk286
11-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Kenny...bro...I damn near crap my pants everytime you update this thing! jesus, look how big they are! such amazing shape, color, uniformity. Man, you really got your sh** down my friend! great work! Im in awe of these fish. hope those PE mysis are workin well for you! thank you so much for the PP. It was great meeting you this past weekend. the doubletree aint a bad place right? AWESOME beds, super comfy!

wellp, youve managed to shock me again. I cant believe its only half way thru the challenge! your gonna have 12 inch discus by the end of this thing! Im still waitin to see what else Kenny has in his fishroom!! ;):D

take care bro. amazing update. :)

wgtaylor
11-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey great job Kenny !
Those look pretty consistant in size....big...and thick and really good color.
You have done an awesome job with these guys. :):)
Bill

Tofe
11-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Kenny,

When we talked on Saturday, I new they were looked big but over 6", that is unbelievable. Great job. Good luck picking out just one to get graded :D

Brian

hedut
11-25-2009, 06:15 PM
that is Awesome Kenny. he/she will grow huge in your hand;). Keep the good work :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dbfzurowski
11-25-2009, 07:01 PM
truly beautiful.

Organic Farmer
11-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Righteous.

rickztahone
11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
very nice Kenny. you already know how i feel about your contest fish ;). i have some juvies that i would place roughly at the same age as yours which are also the same size. i cheated though, i got them at 4" ;), yours were more of a challenge.

Eddie
11-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Phenomenal job Kenny, those beauty's are amazing!

Take care,

Eddie

zacrachhsv
11-26-2009, 01:27 AM
I have been following the contest from a distance but.............

DROOL:spit:

Amazing, Inspirational etc etc,

You are doing a killer job!!! (as is everyone)
I am really enjoying watching the progress:D

Cheers,
Zac.

Scribbles
11-26-2009, 03:40 AM
You've done an amazing job with your discus. They look incredible!

Chris

dpt8
11-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Awesome pics and great work... How often do you change water now.. Any difference in that.. What are you feeding now ??
Beautiful discus Bro... David T

Ed13
11-26-2009, 09:34 AM
:shocked2:WOW, just WOW! Lovely patternless color too!:bandana:

We need an update on your routine on them or is it still the same? tank? food? etc

acroken
11-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks Jason. The PE shrimp are awesome! All my fish are killing. They are getting very spoiled lately. I thing these PE shrimp are worth the $26 a pound, i just do not feed too much. I will post some photos of my other fish soon. No problem on the PP, hopefully you will not use it. Talk to you soon about the BH.

Kenny

Kenny...bro...I damn near e next day crap my pants everytime you update this thing! jesus, look how big they are! such amazing shape, color, uniformity. Man, you really got your sh** down my friend! great work! Im in awe of these fish. hope those PE mysis are workin well for you! thank you so much for the PP. It was great meeting you this past weekend. the doubletree aint a bad place right? AWESOME beds, super comfy!

wellp, youve managed to shock me again. I cant believe its only half way thru the challenge! your gonna have 12 inch discus by the end of this thing! Im still waitin to see what else Kenny has in his fishroom!! ;):D

take care bro. amazing update. :)

ashaysathe
11-27-2009, 11:01 AM
WOW Kenney really nice. Color and shape is very nice. Hard work is paying off. Super

acroken
11-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey great job Kenny !
Those look pretty consistant in size....big...and thick and really good color.
You have done an awesome job with these guys. :):)
Bill Thanks Bill. I would think they all are with in a 1/4" of each other. The smallest is over 6".

Kenny,

When we talked on Saturday, I new they were looked big but over 6", that is unbelievable. Great job. Good luck picking out just one to get graded :D

Brian LoL Brian. I know i said i was not going to measure them but i had two out of the tank anyway so why not. It was great talking with you on Saturday. Hope to see you again soon.

wgtaylor
11-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey Kenny awesome job.
I tried to keep consistency in their size but you got me beat, probably on size also. They look great, colors too. Great job buddy !:):)

Chad Hughes
11-28-2009, 05:11 PM
You're doing an awesome job on these guys and gals Kenny!

Well done!

MRQuad
11-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Holy Macaroni Kenny!

what have you done to your challenge fish? man, they're beautiful! keep up a great job! :D

acroken
11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Awesome pics and great work... How often do you change water now.. Any difference in that.. What are you feeding now ??
Beautiful discus Bro... David T

:shocked2:WOW, just WOW! Lovely patternless color too!:bandana:

We need an update on your routine on them or is it still the same? tank? food? etc

David and Ed,
no changes to my w/c routine, still 80% every morning. I have made some changes to their food though. I have cut back on the b/h mix to once daily as they have lost interest in it, i guess they are getting spoiled and only want the frozen PE shrimp, freeze dried black worms and frozen krill. I have been feeding blood worms once daily in an attempt to improve their eye color. The tank is still the same 100 gal show tank at 34" deep. I have no plans on moving them until the contest is over. Thanks for the positive feed back.

Kenny

acroken
11-30-2009, 05:18 PM
that is Awesome Kenny. he/she will grow huge in your hand;). Keep the good work :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks Hendri. I hope so:D

Righteous. Hey Tom, long time. Thanks for the feed back. I hope to see you at the next SD meeting.

very nice Kenny. you already know how i feel about your contest fish ;). i have some juvies that i would place roughly at the same age as yours which are also the same size. i cheated though, i got them at 4" ;), yours were more of a challenge. Thank you Ricardo, nice job as well raising yours up. I would like to see some photos.

Phenomenal job Kenny, those beauty's are amazing!

Take care,

Eddie Thanks Eddie, they do look tough. discus on roids:bandana: kidding

I have been following the contest from a distance but.............

DROOL:spit:

Amazing, Inspirational etc etc,

You are doing a killer job!!! (as is everyone)
I am really enjoying watching the progress:D

Cheers,
Zac. The challenge is going to be a close one. All the contestants are really doing an amazing job.It is easy when you start with quality stock. Thanks Zac

You've done an amazing job with your discus. They look incredible!

Chris Thank you Chris. I am seeing good things in their future:D

DiscusKev
11-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Amazing shape and colour, good job on the challenge. Will be looking forward to see the end result, possibly breeding pair? :)

heckel90
11-30-2009, 10:24 PM
OMG!!! I follow your discus and itīs awesome every month!

in my opinion you are the w...

acroken
12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
You're doing an awesome job on these guys and gals Kenny!

Well done! Thanks Chad. You win the first to have eggs portion of this challenge:D

Holy Macaroni Kenny!

what have you done to your challenge fish? man, they're beautiful! keep up a great job! :D Marvin, how have you been man? Good to see you back. Just keeping them alive my friend

Amazing shape and colour, good job on the challenge. Will be looking forward to see the end result, possibly breeding pair? :) Me too, I would think I'll have a pair or two...three.LoL Thank you

OMG!!! I follow your discus and itīs awesome every month!

in my opinion you are the w... Thanks for the kind words. It is a long 6 months till the end. A lot can happen in that time. I will do my best

calihawker
12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Smokin' good job Kenny!!! Just incredible!

John_Nicholson
12-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Fish are looking great, but instead of getting a "larger pair of calipers" just switch over to SL instead of TL.

-john

lpiasente
12-04-2009, 03:39 PM
oooooooooooooooo me want

smiley
12-04-2009, 05:38 PM
gr8 phenomenal work mate..Hard work always pays off

fishyj
12-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Your're doing a great job. Love the photo's.

Cooldadddyfunk286
12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
hey Kenny, hope everythings been well with you. how about an update bro! Im dyin to see them! :D:D

take care.

acroken
12-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Jason,
I will post an update for Monday. I was hoping my next post was with fry on their backs:D
Have a safe and happy new year my friend

Kenny

Cooldadddyfunk286
12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
thanks Ken, you too bro. cant wait to see on monday! :D

take care.