PDA

View Full Version : 12-3 Update with plants and wood

fishyj
12-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi all, Well after soaking this for 3 weeks, I decided to put the manzanita wood into the tank and rearrange the plants. The only problem I had is that it still floats:mad: I will let it settle down by itself. The plants I took up had 10 inch roots, so I guess they are doing ok. I also found some small ones so I split them and replanted. This will be an on going process. The fish at first did not like the manzanita but over the next several hours they became a custom to it. They have been doing fine and are still growing. My biggest one is over 6" and they smallest is between 4 1/2 -5 inches. I have a couple in that range and a couple in the larger range and a couple that are in between the 2. I do have 2 bn's that I put in the tank that were in a quarantine for the last 3 months. Like I said it is a work in progress. Heres a few pictures.

Eddie
12-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Nice Jim, they look nice and fat! Great work my friend!

Take care,

Eddie

wgtaylor
12-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Hey Jim
Wow, I like the looks of that tank. Will be good to watch it grow along with the discus for the rest of the challange. The pleco's should help you keep that tank clean too, good idea.
All looks good, well done. :)
Bill

Chad Hughes
12-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Jim,

Fish and tank are looking fantastic!

Can't wait to see a shot when the plants fill in.

Best wishes!

Scribbles
12-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Great job Jim! Discus and tank look wonderful.

Chris

calihawker
12-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Looking good there bro! I can't wait to get mine in the new tank. Maybe another week or so.