PDA

View Full Version : is there a way?

rickztahone
12-07-2009, 11:27 PM
i was thinking that it would be the coolest thing if we could "IM" people that you have saved as your contacts. sometimes i see some contacts online and i want to ask them something but i have to send a pm, then wait for the pm which might take a while... IF we could IM these contacts we would be able to keep the IM window open and still navigate through SD. I know this might be a huge stretch but i thought about it today when i had a question for a fellow member but just thought twice about it. my pm box is almost always full and most times i do not delete pm's that are not hugely important, I simply forget :p)

j_li8
12-08-2009, 01:14 AM
i just looked around the forum and under your user cp, if you go into edit you detail people can post their AIM, yahoo or other messaging services. now that would depend on people posting their user name on those messaging services or creating a user name.

rickztahone
12-08-2009, 01:30 AM
i just looked around the forum and under your user cp, if you go into edit you detail people can post their AIM, yahoo or other messaging services. now that would depend on people posting their user name on those messaging services or creating a user name.

correct, but i thought it would be cool if it would be part of SD. for the AIM to work we would have to all add each other (well only the contacts you chose i guess).

j_li8
12-08-2009, 04:56 AM
yea i know. It would be a cool feature to have on SD tho.

smiley
12-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I am not sure if vbulletin have features of IM unless you have a chatbox installed on it. Some chatboxes like flashchat etc needs its members to be logged into the chat as well so that only the interested (to chat) ones are logged into the chat system

rickztahone
12-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I am not sure if vbulletin have features of IM unless you have a chatbox installed on it. Some chatboxes like flashchat etc needs its members to be logged into the chat as well so that only the interested (to chat) ones are logged into the chat system

i see...sounds like the best bet, at least in our scenario.

ejhart
12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Or better yet how about a simple web based chat room?

ifixoldhouses
12-09-2009, 09:15 PM
It would have to be a part of V bulletin , maybe there's an add on.

This may work

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=191448

brewmaster15
12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
WE used to have chat...no one really used it.:(

as for the other requests.. we'll be upgrading this sites software soon...and when we do ....maybe we can see about addressing your suggestions then.:)

-al

rickztahone
12-09-2009, 10:40 PM
WE used to have chat...no one really used it.:(

as for the other requests.. we'll be upgrading this sites software soon...and when we do ....maybe we can see about addressing your suggestions then.:)

-al

i think i do remember the chat room. i guess this feature i'm talking about would be something that is available as an "IM" feature with your contacts, not an open chat room. i'm not against an open chat room but i remember that hardly anyone ever went on it. i'm looking forward to the new upgrades to SD :D, even if this "feature" can not be integrated.

Cooldadddyfunk286
12-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I would be on the chat room all the time!!! man! ;):D

kitykatfunkiehat
03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Ricardo, do you mean something like Facebook's chat setup? Because that is what I'm seeing in my head..where you can chat individually with anyone who is online at the time.

That is..if anyone here has a facebook and knows what I'm talking about! :P