PDA

View Full Version : Week 29

wgtaylor
12-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Well just completed 29 weeks and nothing new.
All six of the discus are doing great. Their appetite seems to be improving a little.
Been working on my computer the last couple days, the mouse quit working, just said was an unknown device.
Well my wife found on the internet a possible fix to the problem and I was not going to say that I even tried
this silly solution; turn off computer, unplug power, remove battery, wait 30 sec. , replace battery, power up and re-boot.
Well....I did try it and what do you know....I had a mouse working again.
I beat myself up trying to fix the problem, even re-installed windows, I never would have figured that one out.
Thanks to my wife and the internet I'm able to post this update.
Also got final inspection on my house, been a good week. :)

Just one quick pic this week.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll50/wgtaylor/Week%2021%20-/Week29.jpg
Bill

TRUC10507
12-09-2009, 01:04 AM
They look great :) Do you feed them any color food?

rickztahone
12-09-2009, 01:12 AM
i love how the iris is filling in nicely. that is one thing about Albino's that i think needs improvement but from you picks it looks like it just takes a while for the red iris to fill in. great looking discus man, your hard work shows.

p.s. i'm glad you were able to fix your mouse.

wgtaylor
12-09-2009, 01:38 AM
i love how the iris is filling in nicely. that is one thing about Albino's that i think needs improvement but from you picks it looks like it just takes a while for the red iris to fill in. great looking discus man, your hard work shows.

p.s. i'm glad you were able to fix your mouse.
Thanks Ricardo
You know, I think the red iris comes and goes. When they feel great it's all red but if they need water change or something else bothers them more of the white shows.
Not positive but I think that's what I have been seeing.
Ya, it's good to have a mouse again, thanks. :D

They look great :) Do you feed them any color food?
Thanks,
no color enhancer other than shrimp in beefheart mix and Hikari pellets.

Scribbles
12-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Great picture Bill! Your discus look fantastic! How big are they now?

Congrats on fixing your mouse and passing your house inspection.

Chris

Eddie
12-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Bill, teasing us with just one picture! Still looking nice, BIG and beautiful! Exceptional work you have done with them.

Take care and all the best,

Eddie

wgtaylor
12-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Bill, teasing us with just one picture! Still looking nice, BIG and beautiful! Exceptional work you have done with them.

Take care and all the best,

Eddie
Dim overhead tank lights and no flash, man, I gotta work hard to get one good picture, 99 went in the trash bucket. :D:D
Take care buddy :)

Great picture Bill! Your discus look fantastic! How big are they now?

Congrats on fixing your mouse and passing your house inspection.

Chris
Thanks Chris,
I'm guessing the largest three are a little over 6 inch and one smallest a little over 5 inch total length.
The smallest is the slowest eating but all 6 seem to be staying pretty healthy.
Thanks Chris :)