PDA

View Full Version : Discus-Hans USA Maryland Experience

JRunyon21
12-09-2009, 11:41 AM
About a year ago I started my Discus journey and all was going well. I had to move so I was forced to sell my fish(Discus included) and setup my tank elsewhere. Once I got the tank setup(with a couple additions) I decided to get right back into Discus. I looked everywhere for good quality/price. It seemed like Discus-Hans was the answer but I did not have a Discus-Hans Sponsor in my area(Western, MD). So after looking at the website and watching some of the videos I decided to make a trip the fishery in Baltimore...

What a great idea it was. He setup a special meeting time so he could help me pick out the specific Discus I wanted. The fishery is amazing. They have a great assortment of Discus and each type is available in almost every size. Also, their breeding pairs look unbelievable.

ALL the fish at the hatchery have great size/shape/color and are in great health. I can't say enough for how nice each and every fish looked. He hooked me up with a box and a heat pack b/c I had about a 3 hour drive(lololol) and I was on my way.

Each Discus assimilated to my water with no problems. I bought 5 - 2.5" Discus(see Signature) and all seem perfect. They are a little shy but that is due to their age. We are making progress each day now and soon enough they will be eating out of my hand.

Although I have never had an experience with Discus-Hans shipping fish, I can attest to the quality at which he runs his business. I would recommend Discus-Hans to anyone looking for quality Discus. Just let him know what you are looking for and if he can help I am sure he will be glad to.

Thanks again HANS

-Jason

rave 2468
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I also got some adults from Mr Hans couple of months back, great guy to deal with.

mench
12-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Can't go wrong with buying from "The Dutchman" the only thing wrong is I couldn't spend a few days looking at the fish and the constant cleaning of the drool off the tanks so I could see better...way way too many great fish and to just pick a few is way hard..fun to watch them...

mench

John_Nicholson
12-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I agree every transaction that I have had with Hans has been great. Big nice healthy fish at a gerat price.

-john

Scribbles
12-12-2009, 03:08 AM
In February I got my first online order of discus from Hans and they are hands down the best discus I've ever had!

Chris

lemondiscus
12-12-2009, 11:49 AM
I have a few Hans Discus purchased from my LFS that is VERY VERY reputable and cares for his fish better than anyone in my area (Richmond VA) and they are VERY nice specimens in my tank! High quality fish! (too bad the best of the best doesnt trickle into the LFS... lol)

I figured I would post pics of my favorite 2 that came from Hans!