PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Tropical Poret Foam

kaceyo
12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I recently purchased a sheet of Poret foam from Swiss Tropical and recieved black when I had ordered Blue, and I mentioned in another thread that they sent me the wrong color. Stephan of Swiss Tropical contacted me to say he wanted to find out what had gone wrong. It turns out that Swiss Tropical was NOT at fault and that the PayPal order form did list Black as the color ordered.
I didn't order the foam myself, so when I found out it was black I contacted the person who ordered for me, who checked her notes and said she wrote down Blue as the color I wanted, so we assumed she had ordered blue. Apperently that wasn't the case so I want to make sure to clear that up.
Stephan was polite and friendly throughout this process, and I would highly recommend him and his company to anyone considering making a purchase from Swiss Tropicals.
My appologies,

Michael Ohl (Kacey)

roundfishross
12-16-2009, 09:57 AM
you should have ordered from the foam factory its 100 bucks for a sheet twice the size as poret and its aquarium safe and they ship free!!:D

DiscusOnly
12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Are you referring to the dryfast foam? They are not aquarium safe so you are not comparing apples to apples. If you are referring to another product, please provide a link.

As for Stephan at Swisstropicals. I spoke to him a few times on the phone and have ordered from him before. He is a great guy to deal with.

Discus-Hans
12-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Stephan is a great guy and a good friend, he will go out of his way to make you happy.

We bring the foam in more or less together and you can buy it from him or me.

For using other foam, I tried to find the story about the guy who also wanted to go the cheap way, killed over night his whole fish room, foam was cheap but........... don't play with your years investment for a few dollar on foam,

Hans

William Palumbo
12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I too have bought foam from Stephan. A great guy. I have no worries or hesitations when I use his foam products. I really like his cube filters with the tile bottoms. I need to order more...Bill

kaceyo
12-16-2009, 03:15 PM
you should have ordered from the foam factory its 100 bucks for a sheet twice the size as poret and its aquarium safe and they ship free!!:D

That's MORE than twice the price I paid including shipping. No deal there. Plus the poret foam is stiff enough at 2" thickness to use as a divider without any other support. I'd stick with Poret.
And Stephan was very easy to deal with even with good reason not to be.

Kacey

roundfishross
12-17-2009, 10:45 AM
the dry fast and the speaker foam are open cell reticulated and are completly unterated, they will send you samples and an msds but iam using this foam now and it works very well . the fry do not go to the white foam:D

roundfishross
12-17-2009, 10:47 AM
That's MORE than twice the price I paid including shipping. No deal there. Plus the poret foam is stiff enough at 2" thickness to use as a divider without any other support. I'd stick with Poret.
And Stephan was very easy to deal with even with good reason not to be.

Kacey

how do you figure twice the price? this ia a four inches thick sheet thats almost the size of a sheet of plywood;)

roundfishross
12-17-2009, 11:00 AM
will post pics my 200+ altum flora snakeskin fry that are 16 days old dont mind the foam at all , oh iam sorry i will clarify the two inch foam is $148 for a 48 x 90 inch piece and anything over 100bucks is free shipping and it is definatly stiff enough to use as a tank divider i havnt ordered in a while ,but ths is good foam;)

kaceyo
12-17-2009, 03:32 PM
how do you figure twice the price? this ia a four inches thick sheet thats almost the size of a sheet of plywood;)

You said it was twice the size as mine, which I said was the 2" sheet. If yours was twice as long AND twice as thick, that would make it four times the size of mine. I was just going by what you'd posted.

Kacey

roundfishross
12-17-2009, 05:33 PM
its all good!!, dont want to step on any teos at all. poret is an awesome product !! but i do not have extermely deep pockets and have got to cut corners where i can ,as always you should thoroughly test and research any product thats not specifically listed as for aquarium use, but after all , all that foam has got to come from somewhere:D;)

jeff@zina.com
12-30-2009, 05:54 PM
all that foam has got to come from somewhere:D;)

Can you post a link as to where you get yours? I'd be willing to test it with inexpensive dither fish to see if it's suitable.

Jeff

LGelb
03-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Are you using dry fast or speaker foam?

MGKelly
03-31-2010, 11:07 PM
its all good!!, dont want to step on any teos at all. poret is an awesome product !! but i do not have extermely deep pockets and have got to cut corners where i can ,as always you should thoroughly test and research any product thats not specifically listed as for aquarium use, but after all , all that foam has got to come from somewhere:D;)

Hey Roundfish, Where can i get this foam???

thanks, Joe

LGelb
04-01-2010, 07:56 AM
www.thefoamfactory.com