PDA

View Full Version : Angelplus

smiley
12-29-2009, 06:57 AM
I tried to order some dewormer/antibiotic flakes etc from angelsplus and after the paypal invoice was sent to me, I made the payment through my paypal verified address but my money was refunded immediately from angelplus saying that my address is not a verified one. I have checked with Paypal and it is confirmed that shipping addresses outside the US currently cannot be verified

I tried to convince Steve to send me the items as i am regular buyer from Kensfish.com (more than $1000 in less than 3 months) and all the shipping was through USPS and also from plymouthdiscus.com (nearly $500) wherein all the transanctions was done through paypal. But he says the buyer can contest the transanction anytime since the shipping address is not a verified one and thus he cannot take the risk. Guess its all about trust :confused:

Disappointing but he is the seller and he has his own rules :(

Anyone aware of any other supplier who can supply something similar (medicated flakes)?

dpt8
12-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Kens' doesn't have medicated flakes ?? I bet he can get them..

Eddie
12-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Have you tried aquabid?

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?food&1259933414

Smiley, if you want, I can order some de-worming flake from Angel Plus and send it to you.

Eddie

David Rose
12-29-2009, 09:24 AM
:)I'd be glad to help ya out to Smiley. So you have at least two offers of having your own "freight forwarder".....LOL

Just PM me if you need me.

smiley
12-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Eddie but arent you japan? How do you get them down there?

smiley
12-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks a lot David & Eddie..Means a lot to me :)

Will let you know after response from aquabid

Eddie
12-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Eddie but arent you japan? How do you get them down there?

I get them shipped to my military APO box. ;) Its a US address and the military gets it to me here. Even have a US post office on the base. :D

Eddie

hedut
12-29-2009, 01:07 PM
I get them shipped to my military APO box. ;) Its a US address and the military gets it to me here. Even have a US post office on the base. :D

Eddie

That's cool, so you got whole deal Eddie

Chad Adams
12-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Smiley,
My brother visits Steve very frequently.
He lives 5 mins from him.
If you would like, I could have him
pick some up & send to you. Let me know.
Chad

smiley
12-30-2009, 03:44 AM
SD family is indeed a great one..thanks mate..Chad I shall catch up with you on PM/email. If someone is picking it up it could be a bit cheaper for me else the postal charges are going to be higher..Postage to user and then postage to me...

Thanks everyone

Steve Rybicki
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
A customer directed me to this thread, thinking I might want to reply.

I typically do not ship to international locations, because fraud is rampant in many other countries. Even in a case like this, where the customer appears to be one I can trust, that is only a small part of my concern. In many places, even the postal service employees cannot be trusted. Packages are frequently stolen. I found that even with as much care and caution as possible, the transaction can go very wrong. What happens if the package is lost or stolen (very common)? Insurance is difficult to collect and takes around 6 months. Shipping is never refunded. It's a losing situation for me because no one wants to pay to reship (costs more than the product usually), and they don't want to wait 6 months for the refund to come through. This usually results in an unhappy customer (who wouldn't be). The internet makes the world a small place and one unhappy customer tells many. Even if there is nothing I could have done any better, many will think poorly of my business.

I've learned the hard way that international orders are a losing proposition in the long haul. It's not a reflection on any individual customer. It's the system that is broken. However, I've learned that I can trust shipments to some locations. Maybe Dubai is one of them.

There is no sense in having anyone else here ship it to you. My shipping procedures are likely to be better than someone who doesn't do this daily, so I'll agree to do this one. Smiley, contact me again with the order and I'll send it out for you.

Chad Adams
12-30-2009, 04:24 PM
I knew Steve from several years ago. As I said my brother deals with him on a regular basis. He has always seemed a standup guy to myself.
I was not surprised to see him step in & step up.
Smiley, In my carelessness I did not pay attention to where you lived at. Sometimes I open my mouth long enough to change feet. I can totally understand a business owners apprehension with that aspect of their business.
Thanks Steve!
Chad

smiley
12-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow thats great news...Steve you can trust on me...I'd rather forget about the order rather than quarelling over a refund or lost items..And dont worry about the postal system here...I just got my RO unit w/ free TDS meter(nearly 18lbs) today which i ordered through Abundant Flow Water Systems Inc (I found it through ebay and ordered through paypal)..Got it in less than 10-12 days..Items as far as i know is safe in Dubai(maybe coz corruption is at the minimum :) )...Anyways will email you the order right away

Thanks a lot Chad for helping me through this..I owe you 1 ;)

Btw I never blamed Steve for anything...As i had mentioned in my first post " He is the seller and he has his own rules"... I would have mine too if i found the transanction risky...But thanks all once again

David Rose
02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Great to see you on Simply Steve....so.... when are you going to join the other great Sponsors on Simply. It would be great knowing how much we all love your products! :D

A customer directed me to this thread, thinking I might want to reply.

I typically do not ship to international locations, because fraud is rampant in many other countries. Even in a case like this, where the customer appears to be one I can trust, that is only a small part of my concern. In many places, even the postal service employees cannot be trusted. Packages are frequently stolen. I found that even with as much care and caution as possible, the transaction can go very wrong. What happens if the package is lost or stolen (very common)? Insurance is difficult to collect and takes around 6 months. Shipping is never refunded. It's a losing situation for me because no one wants to pay to reship (costs more than the product usually), and they don't want to wait 6 months for the refund to come through. This usually results in an unhappy customer (who wouldn't be). The internet makes the world a small place and one unhappy customer tells many. Even if there is nothing I could have done any better, many will think poorly of my business.

I've learned the hard way that international orders are a losing proposition in the long haul. It's not a reflection on any individual customer. It's the system that is broken. However, I've learned that I can trust shipments to some locations. Maybe Dubai is one of them.

There is no sense in having anyone else here ship it to you. My shipping procedures are likely to be better than someone who doesn't do this daily, so I'll agree to do this one. Smiley, contact me again with the order and I'll send it out for you.

Eddie
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Great to see you on Simply Steve....so.... when are you going to join the other great Sponsors on Simply. It would be great knowing how much we all love your products! :D

Ditto!

yikesjason
03-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I just got a shipment of dewormer flakes and color bits from AngelsPlus. I am very please with my order. The product packaging is very good and the free sample is a lot bigger than I was expecting. I don't expect I will ever be buying fish food from a chain store ever again.

David Rose
03-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah...love the products...in fact, the only bad thing I can say about AngelsPlus (Steve) is that he's not a sponsor on Simply Discus! ;)

JL15219
03-05-2010, 02:20 AM
I just got a shipment of dewormer flakes and color bits from AngelsPlus. I am very please with my order. The product packaging is very good and the free sample is a lot bigger than I was expecting. I don't expect I will ever be buying fish food from a chain store ever again.

+1 The samples are like what you pay $5 for in the chain stores....very big portions...