PDA

View Full Version : WINE BOTTLES ??

dpt8
01-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Has any one had any luck with using wine bottles as breeding cones ?? Al had filled some with colored gravel to use in a tank to break up the openess of that tank, so the more aggressive fish would not have such clear access to the others. I forgot to ask him if this could replace a breeding cone ?? I have my wine bottles and cranberry gravel ready to go. Do you think the adults would have a hard time returning the babies to the "nest" as they became free swimmers?? It certainly looks cool !! David T

kodiak
01-05-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm sure a wine bottle would be fine. I have a pair that regularly chooses to lay on the aquarium glass. The parents have no problem putting wrigglers back onto the glass.

wanderingfish
01-05-2010, 09:22 AM
my discus like this kind of bottles.this spawn is laid at main tank,I moved them and the bottle to a breeding tank ,the eggs hatch well.the bottles is dull polish.

dpt8
01-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Cool. It looks very neat.. Thanks for responses people !!! Anyone else ?? :9) David T

zamboniMan
01-05-2010, 05:04 PM
As long as it's clean... I've known people to use beer bottles without any problem as long as the labels were removed and it was cleaned very thoroughly.