PDA

View Full Version : Aquaripure Nitrate Filters

rich_one
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with this product? If so, can you tell me what the real benefits/liabilities are with this, as it would pertain to a discus tank, and water changes in particular? The website makes this thing sound like the best thing since sliced bread... but I am always leary of products that make "amazing" claims, and figured you folks here might know a bit more of this product. Thanks in advance for any info and opinions on this. Here is the link to the site with the info on this product:

http://www.aquaripure.com/index.htm

-Rich

Eddie
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Removing nitrates is not the sole purpose behind water changes. You are also removing DOCs (Dissolved Organic Compounds) from the break down of waste and also replacing used water with new water containing essential elements.

Eddie

rich_one
01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
got it... thanks. just trying to separate fact from hype... especially for such an expensive product!

akumastew
01-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Rich

I also asked this question a few months ago.

I do like the sounds of the product.

There are many good reviews if you use google as your search. You will also see some reviews that claim that the system is prone to blocking. I spoke with the manufacturter of the system and he says that there was an issue, but that has been fixed with the more recent versions of his system.

I finally decided against it, as with changing 25% of my water per day and having a lone pair of Discus in a 125 gallon tank, I really don't see any nitrateds when I test. I still might consider the purchase in the future.

If you are looking for a way to reduce water changes, look up Chad Hughes' Ozone based system, that is in the hobbyist challenger section of the forums.

- Stew

rich_one
01-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Stew... thanks a lot! I appreciate that information. I think I will just stick with water changes for now. I was not really actively looking for fewer water changes... just came across this product by accident, really. When I read it's claims, I figured it was worth further investigation, is all.

thanks again!

-Rich