PDA

View Full Version : copy and paste

Jason K.
01-27-2010, 09:53 PM
hey guy's can't seem to copy from another thread and paste to a comment. what am i doing wrong?

brewmaster15
01-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Are you trying to quote something that someone said?.. copy and paste should work just like any text document if thats what you are trying to do.

can you give some more info on what you are trying to do? And what happens when you try it.

-al

Jason K.
01-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Are you trying to quote something that someone said?.. copy and paste should work just like any text document if thats what you are trying to do.

can you give some more info on what you are trying to do? And what happens when you try it.

-al

lets say i wanted to copy the dease questionaire any post it to a thread. if i try what it says in the sticky and i right clip my copy and paste options are not highlited?

brewmaster15
01-28-2010, 12:05 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _____

- ph _____

- ammonia reading ____

- nitrite reading ____

- nitrate reading ____

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

seems to work fine for me..... I wonder if its a glitch with your web browser.... what browser and version are you using? and is the software up to date?

Have you tried to clear the browsers cache and reload forum?

-al

Jason K.
01-28-2010, 01:16 PM
al, could you maybe explain to me how it is that you are going to that thread from this thread and moving it here? im not the greatest with the computer so maybe it's just my own stupidity lol.

brewmaster15
01-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Sure,
Alls I did was open that questionaire thread.. Place my cursor to the beginning of the post and while holding down my mouses button ( Lh on my laptop) I Dragged the cursor across the text highlighting it.. then I RH click and in the drop down box I select copy.

next I go to the thread I want to paste it into... hit reply and again use my mouse to RH click and this time I select paste.

and thats should do it... with some mice and browsers you may need use the browsers Edit menu to do the cut and pasteing but thats not that common.

hth,
al

Jason K.
01-28-2010, 03:55 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _____

- ph _____

- ammonia reading ____

- nitrite reading ____

- nitrate reading ____

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

thanks for the help al, learn somthing new every day here at sd.

mcishaque
01-28-2010, 04:09 PM
what do you do when your Eheim suction cups stop working??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it bothers me you guys...the heaters, the canister filters...after a few months, the suction cups just lose all their "suction" capabilities. its super annoying, thats why all of my heaters are now on the tank floor, they wont stick to the wall anymore.

I just had a fist fight with my canister filter LOL...I got it working again...but the suction cups on the spraybar are just worn to sh*t and i cant stick it to anything...not sure what to do with it? just let it hang in the tank??

can u get replacement suction cups? do any of u guys have a way of fixing this, or what do u do to get around this problem??

thanks alot you guys! appreciate it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: what do you do when your Eheim suction cups stop working??

here is my general solution for all suction cup issues:

get a working suction cup, and some plumber's sodder wire (not electrical sodder - but plumbing type so u know it is safe under water; home depot, lowes). Pierce sodder wire throug suction cup nipple. bend sodder wire around heater, tubing, the mistress's ankle, whatever

Format below - replace the "{" and "}" with "[" and "]" respectively:

{QUOTE=dpt8;609957}
blah
blah
blah
{/QUOTE}

Jason K.
02-01-2010, 11:59 PM
test # 5