PDA

View Full Version : CHICAGO DISCUS MEETING

William Palumbo
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Is ANYONE going to attend this February's Discus meeting. I can't believe that there is no intrest in this so far. Harriett...if it's just the same few people as last time, I would rather meet up at a restaurant or what not, than to waste the pet shops owners time. This is the EXACT reason why there will NEVER be a official Discus club in Chicago. Only at the aquarium swap meets, when there is Discus to be bought and sold, will the Discus people show up...Bill

Discus Plus
01-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Bill, could we have a Discus speaker present at a local club meeting (i.e. GCCA)? I would personally be interested in touring some local Discus hobbyists’ fish rooms.

I am interested in participating when I can. There is just a lot going on right now with work, grad school, and fish!

mmorris
01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
These things take time, Bill. It begins with a few entheusiasts enjoying each other's company and looking forward to the next opportunity to meet up. Start small and have fun! If three people get together, talk discus and have a great time, how is that anything but a success?

brewmaster15
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Just What Martha Said Bill:)

Of course you could also take a road trip out here for the Northeast meeting;);) be great to have y'all:)

-al

William Palumbo
01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey Al...that seems to be the part of the country where all the die hard Discus people are from! Well Martha is right, there were a few of us last time, and we did enjoy it...I guess it can only spread and get bigger in time...Bill

diadiscus
03-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Hey Billy,

You know the story of my life, just PM or give me a ring on the next meeting.

Thanks

John

Jason K.
03-09-2010, 11:22 PM
bill, could you let me in on where and when it will be? i'd love to be there.:)

VIOLIN33
03-09-2010, 11:33 PM
BILL LET MATT AND MYSELF KNOW AND WE WILL TRY TO COME..

William Palumbo
03-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Let me talk to Harriett guys and see what we could do about the next meeting...Bill

bluedimond123
03-13-2010, 02:02 AM
I could possibly come let me know where an when!
Jeff

babers
03-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Bill,

I'd love to attend also...just keep us posted.

Thanks.
Joel

William Palumbo
03-16-2010, 11:20 AM
OK guys...we are looking for the next Discus meeting to be held on the 20th of this month. This Saturday. ONLY if there is enough response for it. We need more than the usual 4 or 5 people to make it worth it for the pet shop owner to stay over on his own time for 3+ hours. So ANYONE wanting to attend, be it from Wisconsin, Indiana, wherever, let me/us know. Obviously if no intrest... no meeting, and we will try it again for next month...Bill

Harriett
03-16-2010, 11:38 AM
If any of you are interested but need more planning time, we can also request either the 3rd, the 1oth, or the 24th. No hot air, serious confirmations plz!
Much appreciated, the ever hopeful Bill and Harriett

satt71
03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
I am in. I missed out the last one.

If any of you are interested but need more planning time, we can also request either the 3rd, the 1oth, or the 24th. No hot air, serious confirmations plz!
Much appreciated, the ever hopeful Bill and Harriett

TURBOFROG
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Im in.........let me know when. Ill come again for sure.

whitedevil
03-25-2010, 09:30 AM
When is established, where is the question?

If my car is here I might be able to go, if not then I am stuck 40 miles from chicago without a car.

If its possible, for those that cant attend the actual meeting for someone to take a laptop and video conference it? Its just real hard with two kids to get out to these things and a wife that works a unflattering schedule.

I cant even go to the swaps without family or friends help anymore....Dont let your wives drive your 4x4's gentlemen, they come home in pieces.