PDA

View Full Version : Jan 31 Challenge update video

acroken
02-01-2010, 12:00 AM
All has been going well with the challenge so far. Daily water changes of 80% and feeding 4 to 5 x daily. Food has been PE shrimp, pellets, flake,,bw and black worms. I have been out of bh mix for 3 weeks, i call my butcher and he has agree to trim and grind my next order so we can make up a batch. I attached a video of them feeding tonight. Check out the bull hanging in the back, he is a coming along nicely. I have two confirmed females, they don't seem to have a problem finding a date:D I did lose a nice bn pleco who was sucked down the drain on friday
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/th_MVI_2331.jpg (http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/?action=view&current=MVI_2331.flv)Hope you enjoy the video.http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_2354.jpg

Kenny

joanr
02-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Wow, I hated Philly water, but the fish seem to revel in it. They look wonderful! Hands down some of the healthiest, robust & vibrant looking Discus I've seen lately. Not to mention they are drop dead gorgous.

Eddie
02-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Holy Moley! Each and every fish is show quality Kenny, they are more impressive, every update. That last picture, just amazing. Outstanding job!

Hope everything is good and that you are doing better, take care

Eddie

rickztahone
02-01-2010, 02:05 AM
oh my those are some thick discus! great job so far Kenny, i wish i had some beauties like that. When is the challenge over?

Scribbles
02-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Wow! Those discus are drop dead gorgeous! I can't believe how thick they are. Excellent work! I hope that your back is getting better.

Chris

wgtaylor
02-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Great looking bunch of discus you have raised to perfection Kenny.
Pictures and video are great, well done. :):)
Bill

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Oh my god Kenny....that was one of the coolest videos Iv seen in a while bro. I can not BELIEVE how nice this group turned out for you. man, you REALLY know how to grow them. thats awesome. that last pic is my favorite one. I watched that one the whole video, then scrolled down and there it was! I hope ur feelin better man. take care. :)

acroken
02-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Wow, I hated Philly water, but the fish seem to revel in it. They look wonderful! Hands down some of the healthiest, robust & vibrant looking Discus I've seen lately. Not to mention they are drop dead gorgous.Thank you very much Joan. Yes my water is terrible here. I think i prep my water better then our water company does:D

Holy Moley! Each and every fish is show quality Kenny, they are more impressive, every update. That last picture, just amazing. Outstanding job!

Hope everything is good and that you are doing better, take care

EddieThanks Eddie. I am feeling better, possibly going back to work next week. Sorry for the poor quality photo. The females are really starting to put on a show for the men.

oh my those are some thick discus! great job so far Kenny, i wish i had some beauties like that. When is the challenge over?Ricardo. I was thinking of you when i took that last picture. You picked that guy right out last week:D Thanks for the feed back

Wow! Those discus are drop dead gorgeous! I can't believe how thick they are. Excellent work! I hope that your back is getting better.

Chris It is funny when they are facing you straight on, they have to turn a bit to see you. Thanks so much Chris

Oh my god Kenny....that was one of the coolest videos Iv seen in a while bro. I can not BELIEVE how nice this group turned out for you. man, you REALLY know how to grow them. thats awesome. that last pic is my favorite one. I watched that one the whole video, then scrolled down and there it was! I hope ur feelin better man. take care. :) Lots of love goes into them Jason. I treat them right, they pay me back with beauty. Been awhile since i shot a video of them, kinda gives you a better idea of the groups interaction. Funny how the big guys just lay back and wait for the food to come to them. Spoiled buggers:) Thank Pal.

acroken
02-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Great looking bunch of discus you have raised to perfection Kenny.
Pictures and video are great, well done. :):)
BillBill, I have learned a lot from you in your posts. I want to thank you for that. Kenny

tdiscusman
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Holly moley, awesome discus. In my book, you have already won the contest,

Tony Nguyen

P.S. Sorry to hear about your health issue, hope you'll have a full and speedy recovery.

zacrachhsv
02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
WOW.....STUNNING!!!!!

Cheers,
Zac.

Organic Farmer
02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Very nice work Kenny

acroken
02-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Holly moley, awesome discus. In my book, you have already won the contest,

Tony Nguyen

P.S. Sorry to hear about your health issue, hope you'll have a full and speedy recovery. Thanks Tony. these are the result of very good stock from Kenny and Forrest.

WOW.....STUNNING!!!!!

Cheers,
Zac. the camera can not do these guys any justice. Taking pictures of them is very difficult. I look at the picture then at them...delete and try again.lol Thanks Zac

Very nice work Kenny Thanks Tom. i hope to see you soon.

MRQuad
02-02-2010, 11:04 PM
wow kenny! they are cuties.. good job on them!

GrillMaster
02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Sweeeet!........Cant get to much better than that!

Glad to see you back on your feet Kenny!! :)

I'll get the AC's out to you Mon or Tues my friend...:thumbsup:

ashaysathe
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Really Nice fish Kenny

DiscusKev
02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Words cannot express my feelings on how beautiful they are! Glad to see you back in action Kenny, I'm sure they will like the taste of BH mix again :D They are absolutely fantastic in terms of quality!

calihawker
02-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Awesome looking discus Kenny! Glad to hear you're up and around!:) Great job bro!

acroken
02-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Sweeeet!........Cant get to much better than that!

Glad to see you back on your feet Kenny!! :)

I'll get the AC's out to you Mon or Tues my friend...:thumbsup:Thanks Mark, looking forward to seeing you at Al's. I'll bring the Boddingtons :D not that they even compare to Al's but at least we will have them as back up:D

Really Nice fish KennyThanks,See you soon Ashay.

Words cannot express my feelings on how beautiful they are! Glad to see you back in action Kenny, I'm sure they will like the taste of BH mix again :D They are absolutely fantastic in terms of quality! they are spoiled now with my girlfriend feeding them.She says "but they always look hungry"lol. no beef heart yet, this weekend. Thanks Kev

Awesome looking discus Kenny! Glad to hear you're up and around!:) Great job bro! Slow and steady recovery Steve. Thanks