PDA

View Full Version : Australian Blackworms are here in USA

brewmaster15
02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi all,
I've got a bit of good news for those of you that have tried Mal Davidson's (Australian Blackworms) Freeze dried Blackworms.....I've worked an arrangement where I will be distributing these for him in the USA ..:)

Now you may ask why I am going down this path... and I asked myself the same question several times while deciding..but the main reason I came back to is I really liked the product... and my fish really liked it. When I finished with my samples, my fish were definetly not happy with me! So I contacted Mal and we began to talk about this fantastic product and his plans for the USA...Then again maybe it was more like me hounding him....anyhow...I'm pleased to announce that I will be selling these in the USA.:D:D:D:D

I plan on selling these great Freeze dried Blackworms thru several means. I'll also be developing a specific web presence to market them outside of the forum. I've been looking for a product like this for a very long time and I have a lot of faith in these freeze dried Blackworms.

As soon as Mal and I finalize an order....I'll be able to get them in and ship them out to you immediately...which means you'll get them faster.... My pricing structure will be based off of Mals.... and I plan on offering all the size packaging he offers.... You can take a look at his website(click here) (http://blackworms.com.au/TA/) to get an idea of prices and packaging....I'll post my official prices when I get the stock in.

I'm really looking forward to working with Mal and with all of you.....I'll do my best to develop this and provide you with what I feel is a great product.

If anyone wants to sound off here as to what size packaging they are interested in....please do so...I'll be relying in everyones feedback as I move forward here. I will also be happy to hear from you by pm regarding any thing you may need.

I'll post more information as this develops... Now I need to get busy!:)

Thanks everyone... and Thanks Mal for what I truly feel is a great opportunity...

-al

roclement
02-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Al,

Congrats and I want to be the first to order! Please put me down for an order of 1 container of 50 grams in cube form! Order number one baby!!! Let me know when and how I should pay, etc! No hurry!

Rodrigo!

brewmaster15
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
You're the best Rod,
Thanks!

-al
Al,

Congrats and I want to be the first to order! Please put me down for an order of 1 container of 50 grams in cube form! Order number one baby!!! Let me know when and how I should pay, etc! No hurry!

Rodrigo!

Spardas
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Second order here, I'll grab 100 gram, maybe more by the time you have everything set and ready.

Just send me pm when you're good to go! :D

diamond_discus
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Will there be more volume discount for something more than 200gram ? Like 400g, 600g, 800g, 1 KG ?

mlov1022
02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I would be interested providing these worms don't have the allergic effects like FBW.

brewmaster15
02-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Second order here, I'll grab 100 gram, maybe more by the time you have everything set and ready.

Just send me pm when you're good to go! :D Thanks Minh!!

Will there be more volume discount for something more than 200gram ? Like 400g, 600g, 800g, 1 KG ? I'll see what I can do! Should I put you down for a 1 KG.... just kidding.;):D

I would be interested providing these worms don't have the allergic effects like FBW. Hi Marc, I'm allergic to the bloodworms as well and I have not experienced any issues with these Blackworms.. nor have I heard of it, but you should be cautious until you know for sure.

-al

ashaysathe
02-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Nicely done Al. My order is in Al.
Is coffee ready? oh no no.. Brew?

dpt8
02-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Great Al !! Now I'll be buying beefheart/seafood mix and blackworms PLUS discus hehe... Great news !! David T

Chad Hughes
02-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Al,

I've heard many great comments about this product and would like to place an order with you once you get all set up. Let me know!

Best wishes!

brewmaster15
02-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Nicely done Al. My order is in Al.
Is coffee ready? oh no no.. Brew? :).... coffee this weekend maybe? I think I'll be around.

-al

brewmaster15
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Al,

I've heard many great comments about this product and would like to place an order with you once you get all set up. Let me know!

Best wishes!

Thanks Chad! Long time no talk...we should catch up!

Great Al !! Now I'll be buying beefheart/seafood mix and blackworms PLUS discus hehe... Great news !! David T anything to get you and Celeste to visit David!

-al

William Palumbo
02-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Congrats on the venture Al...In all serious...I see these worms being HUGE...to the extent of replacing most flakes, pellets and frozen foods. Priced right, readily available, they will be a common staple in everyones fish rooms/diets in a short matter of time...Bill

Chad Hughes
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks Chad! Long time no talk...we should catch up!

-al

Just sent you a PM Al. :)

CodOnMyRod
02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
That's great news. I know my discus are not happy campers right now while I wait for my order to come in. I am sure you will have no trouble selling them once everyone gets wind of how good they are and how the fish respond to them. Best of luck in your new venture, but I'm sure you won't need it. I will also be placing an order as soon as you are all set up.

Ruben

Discus-n00b
02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Awesome! I'll definently be looking forward to this. Al people like you and the other simply sponsors are spoiling us with such great products in the US. ;)

Eddie
02-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Thats fantastic news Al! Big convenience for the stateside folks and as Bill mentioned, these worms are really going to take over by storm! They are and always will be a part my fishes diet!

Take care,

Eddie

poconoboss
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
This is great news!

I will definitely order some!

phat nguyen
02-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Al,
CONGRATS on your new venture.This will be a big hit for those of us that feed LIVE worms to our fish. Price it right and you will have many customers for life.

Best wishes,
Perry Nguyen :angel: :angel: :angel:

Tofe
02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Al,

Good luck with your new venture. I love it one stop shopping.;):D:D

Brian

Al M.
02-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey Al

Can you give us an estimate when you might be ready to start selling? Oh yea lonng time no hear from ya! Hope all is good.....Al M.

joanr
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Ack, just ordered 50 grams from Mal, but will definately get the next batch from SD to help the forum! Now if you guys could create the flake formula I'd be forever grateful.....lol.

philip69285
02-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Ill def take 100grams cubed :)... I was going to order some from Mal himself anyways... Dunno when you guys will have this all set up I still have a lot of the loose from the sample... no one wanted to try the loose as a sample when I handed them out hahaha.

Dkarc@Aol.com
02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Sweetness...I may have to give these a try!

-Ryan

diamond_discus
02-04-2010, 12:09 AM
I'll see what I can do! Should I put you down for a 1 KG.... just kidding.;):D
-al

HaHa, Al, if you give me a good price, I might just order 1Kg ... My fishes are all eating like pigs .. they will finish 1Kg in no time .. Now I am concern that they might just take these worm and ignore my BH mix!

Discus-Hans
02-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Great job Al, good luck in this new venture.

Now tell me, how much would I need to feed 8,000 Discus 2x a day with them??

Hans

05 LL Stang
02-04-2010, 12:56 AM
One day too late. I literally placed my first order yesterday morning. In the future I am sure I will buy this in bulk...........1 kg should be a good starting point, assuming my Hans discus will eat them ;)

Hope this pans out for you!!!

Darren's Discus
02-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Fantastic news Al,
as they really are a great product.

cheers

rickztahone
02-04-2010, 02:41 AM
HaHa, Al, if you give me a good price, I might just order 1Kg ... My fishes are all eating like pigs .. they will finish 1Kg in no time .. Now I am concern that they might just take these worm and ignore my BH mix!

i'm not sure you understand how much 1kg of these worms really is, they are super-super light and Al would have to send you a huge box for 1kg, lol. either way, they are a great food, my discus love them but they are not top feeders. the ones that fall they gobble up in a matter of seconds. the ones on top are a PITA at times but i have tried a few mentioned methods and soaking them in pro-growth has helped, but i can't get the cubes to stick to the glass like Al does. i will keep trying new means of getting them all to sink but i might be hard-pressed to find a solution. i will order from you directly next time Al.

Darren's Discus
02-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Fantastic news Al,
as they really are a great product.

cheers

Eddie
02-04-2010, 04:40 AM
Hey Darren, is there an echo in here? LOL

Take care,

Eddie

diamond_discus
02-04-2010, 08:16 PM
i'm not sure you understand how much 1kg of these worms really is, they are super-super light and Al would have to send you a huge box for 1kg, lol. either way, they are a great food, my discus love them but they are not top feeders. the ones that fall they gobble up in a matter of seconds. the ones on top are a PITA at times but i have tried a few mentioned methods and soaking them in pro-growth has helped, but i can't get the cubes to stick to the glass like Al does. i will keep trying new means of getting them all to sink but i might be hard-pressed to find a solution. i will order from you directly next time Al.

Well, Ricardo .... I buy 25-30 lbs of Frozen Blood Worm from DrFosterSmith every 6 months .. I am thinking to replace that with Mal's dry black worm .. I might just need that 1Kg every 6 months ?

I also has the problem of floating worms. I have quite a few tanks. Fishes in some tanks just go right at the top after a few try. Fishes from other tanks just are not top feeder .. Those tanks are taller tank and fishes like to eat at the bottom ... So I might not feed worm to those tanks. I also have other tanks that use central air pump to the sponge filter .. Water current in those tanks are very high at the top.. Floating worm is not a problem in those tank, as the current will constantly get the worm go up and down.

Eddie
02-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, Ricardo .... I buy 25-30 lbs of Frozen Blood Worm from DrFosterSmith every 6 months .. I am thinking to replace that with Mal's dry black worm .. I might just need that 1Kg every 6 months ?

I also has the problem of floating worms. I have quite a few tanks. Fishes in some tanks just go right at the top after a few try. Fishes from other tanks just are not top feeder .. Those tanks are taller tank and fishes like to eat at the bottom ... So I might not feed worm to those tanks. I also have other tanks that use central air pump to the sponge filter .. Water current in those tanks are very high at the top.. Floating worm is not a problem in those tank, as the current will constantly get the worm go up and down.

You could always build an upside down worm cone, that can suction to the bottom of the tank. I'm gonna build one myself. :D

tcmemphisbbq
02-04-2010, 08:27 PM
I need to order 50grams in cube form also Al.... when is this expected to be orderable?

My fish were not happy after the samples when they didn't get anymore.

Jason K.
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
way to go al!!!

diamond_discus
02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
You could always build an upside down worm cone, that can suction to the bottom of the tank. I'm gonna build one myself. :D

Ah .. good idea ..

Would that be something like this one ... upside down worm feeder ?

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18353/si4371582/cl0/wormfeedercone

Eddie
02-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Ah .. good idea ..

Would that be something like this one ... upside down worm feeder ?

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18353/si4371582/cl0/wormfeedercone

Exactly, just as long as it is attached near the bottom of the tank, upside-down. ;)

Eddie

joanr
02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Ok, I'm gonna try that tonight since I have three of those feeders from when I used the live blackworms. I'll let you guys know how it works soon.

Darren's Discus
02-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey Darren, is there an echo in here? LOL

Take care,

Eddie
Eddie,
somethings are too good to only say once !:D

cheers

Eddie
02-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok, I'm gonna try that tonight since I have three of those feeders from when I used the live blackworms. I'll let you guys know how it works soon.

Hey Joan, I am gonna make my own cone feeder out of tight vinyl fence but if those ones work, that would be perfect! Let me know!

Eddie

joanr
02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Ok! Works Perfect! They are all taking turns ( sort of ) grabing them out of the holes. A few are escaping from the bottom but not many. They are coming apart a little at a time and it seems a good way to feed these worms. Any shy feeder won't get many though. Maybe placing two feeders at both ends of tank will work even better.

Eddie
02-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Ok! Works Perfect! They are all taking turns ( sort of ) grabing them out of the holes. A few are escaping from the bottom but not many. They are coming apart a little at a time and it seems a good way to feed these worms. Any shy feeder won't get many though. Maybe placing two feeders at both ends of tank will work even better.

Woohoo, solved the mystery of the floating blackworm! :D

diamond_discus
02-05-2010, 03:17 AM

Excellent work, Joan. And great idea, Eddie. Now I am ready for that 1Kg .. HaHa ..

Joan, did you use the cube or loose one ?

dmun24
02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
HI AL THIS IS GREAT LET ME KNOW WHEN THERE IN WOULD LOVE TO TRY THEM DENNIS

ssevasta
02-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I'll buy 50g cubed once you get em in stock Al. Please send me a PM once you get your shipment I cant wait to start feeding em to my discus and angels.

Justice
02-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I am interested as well!

brewmaster15
02-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Everyone.:).. Hopefully I'll have some in soon...Mal and I are working on it now....and I'll post as soon as I have it all squared away.

Thanks again,
al

Moon
02-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Al
Will you be able to ship to Canada?

brewmaster15
02-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi Joe,
I'm looking into that. I'll let you know.

-al

bettebulldog
02-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Would these prices be cheaper than ordering from mal?

brewmaster15
02-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Would these prices be cheaper than ordering from mal?

Hi,
Pricing should be comparable on product but the order turn around will be much faster in most cases, and I expect savings will be had on the shipping.... Theres also an incentive here that Sales thru the Forum will also help Simplydiscus.com should anyone factor that into their buying decisions.

If I can find ways to make the product more economical for Customers...I will.

Thanks,
al

brewmaster15
02-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Al
Will you be able to ship to Canada?
Hi again Joe,
Barring and unforeseen issues with customs...I will be able to provide for Canada as well.:)

take care,
Al

ashaysathe
02-07-2010, 10:55 AM
When will the sale officially start? I pressume before March 6th the latest?

brewmaster15
02-07-2010, 11:17 AM
When will the sale officially start? I pressume before March 6th the latest?

Hi Ashay,
Mal will be shipping my first order this week.... and as soon as I receive it I will post and start taking orders...so should not be too much longer.

Thanks,
al

ashaysathe
02-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Nice Al. Very good venture.

MSD
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm ready Al, which do peoples fish like more, cubed or loose?

Discus-n00b
02-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm ready Al, which do peoples fish like more, cubed or loose?

Either/Or for me. My fish have learned the good stuff is on top so they come up. If you have fish that won't take food off the top, cubed is definitely better. Both work for me.

jimmyjoe
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Sounds great Brew-man can't wait to see and use them I've heard great things about them. Good luck with your new franchise. Jim

brewmaster15
02-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Hi all,
Hopefully the first shipment will come in this week...and I can start sending out to everyone... I hope to keep Mal very very busy.:)

I'll let you all know when I get the first order in.

Thanks,
al

roclement
02-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Al,

Just let me know how much I owe you and I will paypal!

Rodrigo

ashaysathe
02-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi all,
Hopefully the first shipment will come in this week...
Thanks,
al

Coming on Saturday (unless otherwise) - is coffee done yet?

gwrace
02-15-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm interested. I'd be considering a 200 gram cube order. Please PM or email when ready.

David

rich815
02-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I wish I saw this thread before I placed my order a few days ago. When I placed the order on the site it took me to Paypal to make the payment but when I edited the address to a different one than my default one it took me back to the main site and said my order was placed....but I am sure no Paypal payment was put through. I emailed directly as suggested by another member here and asked them to contact me as I decided to double my order after seeing the shipping cost from AU. Never heard back until an auto-reply came yesterday saying my order was shipped. Not sure what was shipped in the end or how I am to pay. I'm confused. Surely would have waited to order from the US to save the large shipping cost.

gwrace
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I wish I saw this thread before I placed my order a few days ago. When I placed the order on the site it took me to Paypal to make the payment but when I edited the address to a different one than my default one it took me back to the main site and said my order was placed....but I am sure no Paypal payment was put through. I emailed directly as suggested by another member here and asked them to contact me as I decided to double my order after seeing the shipping cost from AU. Never heard back until an auto-reply came yesterday saying my order was shipped. Not sure what was shipped in the end or how I am to pay. I'm confused. Surely would have waited to order from the US to save the large shipping cost.

How much were you charged for shipping? I went through the order process on the site and they appeared to add a little less than $10 for US shipping. That does not sound like a bad deal to me given it's international shipping.

rich815
02-15-2010, 03:14 PM
How much were you charged for shipping? I went through the order process on the site and they appeared to add a little less than $10 for US shipping. That does not sound like a bad deal to me given it's international shipping.

No, it's not bad for international but seeing them available in the US now it's surely to be so much less to ship. I'd wish that if a USA distribution was so close to pending that the wholesale order had been shipped I would have been directed there instead. No biggie.

gwrace
02-15-2010, 03:36 PM
No, it's not bad for international but seeing them available in the US now it's surely to be so much less to ship. I'd wish that if a USA distribution was so close to pending that the wholesale order had been shipped I would have been directed there instead. No biggie.

If prices are comparable to Mals site and shipping costs and times can be reduced than a local US distributor is the way I'll be placing future orders.

Can anyone tell me how long I can expect 200 grams of cubes to last for 6 discus if fed once or twice a day?

Thanks!

MSD
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Al, I'll take 50 grms. cubed when you get it.

Thanks, Mark

diamond_discus
02-15-2010, 05:13 PM
If prices are comparable to Mals site and shipping costs and times can be reduced than a local US distributor is the way I'll be placing future orders.

Can anyone tell me how long I can expect 200 grams of cubes to last for 6 discus if fed once or twice a day?

Thanks!

Someone told me before that there are 280 cubes in a 100 grams package.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=76538&page=2

lkleung007
02-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Al,

Great news...just ordered the free sample to try before reading this thread. If my discus like them, I'll be calling you for more.

Keep us posted,
Lester

mlov1022
02-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Received my free sample last week. My fish love em'. I will definitely be placing an order. I especially like the 66% protein value for growing out juvies.

MalcolmC
02-16-2010, 08:42 PM
The first shipment for Al is on its way and should get there late this week or sometime next week. I am really very grateful that Al has agreed to market them there because it allows me to concentrate on growing, processing and packaging them and also looking after the other markets I supply.
Cheers, Mal

brewmaster15
02-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks Everyone! and Thank you Mal! :) I am really looking forward to working with you on what I think is just a great product!

I'll let you all know when I get them in.

Thanks,
al

Cooldadddyfunk286
02-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Al - if you get these in before the meeting, please reserve some for me. Im really lookin forward to trying them out!! let me know my friend. :)

korbi_doc
02-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey Al, sent you a pm with my order...hopefully....hope all is well with you & the family....

Dottie

brewmaster15
02-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi all!

Well I have gotten my first order in and should be able to fill your fishes Freeze Dried Blackworm Needs now...

Here is the Deal.... I have set up an online store....As I have time I will dress it up a bit..its functional as it is. I will also add a direct link from the forum, next on my to do list.

This online store is set up to accept only orders for the USA and Canada .. Sales tax is collected for CT only.(sorry fellow nutmeggers!:() payments accepted at this time are paypal and prepaid checks/money orders. Paypal is immediate, the prepaid function is a consideration for those that don't want to use paypal...but I won't ship until payment clears.

I plan on adding a credit card option as well as the credit card thru paypal thats currently set up, but I am still looking into the credit card gateways...talk about fees and mumbo jumbo...sheess...my head hurts:mad:

Other International hobbyists.... I may be able to ship to you...contact me by pm here. (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?u=4205). or by email at aquaticsuppliers@comcast.net and we'll see what we can do..

Please let me know if you run into any issues with the shopping cart...I have gone over it all dozens of time and everything seems good to go..but I am sure I missed something...if theres an issue...please let me know and I will fix it immediately.

Thanks everyone.

-al

Ps... My new online store is...

AquaticSuppliers.com (http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com)

brewmaster15
02-19-2010, 03:04 PM
oh yes, also... I only brought in the product in plastic bags, the cups would have been too much shipping weight from Australia.

Sizes availible are 10 gram, 50 gram, 100 gram, and 200 gram.

If anyone is interested in greater amounts, like Kilos...lets talk..I am sure we can work something out there.

Thanks again,
al

Spardas
02-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Hello Al,

Just placed my first order of 200 grams cubed. Everything worked out via PayPal payment option for me. :D

Best,

Minh

amunoz7
02-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Just placed my order!! Great item for allergy sufferers like myself!!

brewmaster15
02-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey Thanks so much guys!!!

I received all the order notices and confirmations too... how about that, It works!:)

I'll get right on your orders!
-al

diamond_discus
02-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Al, PM you already ..

MSD
02-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Worked great for me Al, test is perfect.

phat nguyen
02-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi Al,
I would like to know the price for larger amount. What is the price for 1 kg ?
Please let me know.

Perry Nguyen

CodOnMyRod
02-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Placed my order just now and the shopping cart worked like a charm. Now I have to go let my fish know that their "fish crack" is on its way. Im sure they can't wait. Thanks for this service Al.

Ruben

edawg
02-19-2010, 04:19 PM
just put in a order also everything seems to work on my end

waters10
02-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey, Good to hear it's available in US now!

I have a question. From the pictures, it's hard to say how big the cubes are. A cube is enough to feed how many (adult) discus at once?

I'm trying to decide if I'll get cubed or loose and use the cone feeder upside down ...

Thanks!

diamond_discus
02-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Al,

Do you know is there any storage requirement for these dry worm ? How long would it last before it would turn bad ? Should they be stored in the refrigerator ? or room temperature ?

I live in Los Angeles, it's pretty dry here. So I am not concern about having too much moisture.

-Larry

brewmaster15
02-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Hey, Good to hear it's available in US now!

I have a question. From the pictures, it's hard to say how big the cubes are. A cube is enough to feed how many (adult) discus at once?

I'm trying to decide if I'll get cubed or loose and use the cone feeder upside down ...

Thanks! alot of thats going to depend on how you like to feed. ...I have been feeding 1 cube per 6 adults so far...Its a compressed product and contains quite a few worms.

Al,

Do you know is there any storage requirement for these dry worm ? How long would it last before it would turn bad ? Should they be stored in the refrigerator ? or room temperature ?

I live in Los Angeles, it's pretty dry here. So I am not concern about having too much moisture.

-Larry
Hi Larry,

A freeze dried food does not "need" to be refrigerated..especially when when the container is sealed well..... however You do want to protect it from moisture and humidity as you would any other dry food...Storing any foods you have in a cool DRY location is always best for shelf live. A refrigerator would certainly not hurt in your fishfood storage...I keep most of my foods in the fridge or freezer..

I would recommend storing these freeze dried blackworms in a good sealing ziplock bag or air tight container and protect from heat and humidity at the very least.

hth,
al

Eddie
02-20-2010, 01:13 AM
Great looking site Al, awesome job!

All the best with everything!

Eddie

Kenny's Discus
02-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Al,

Well done my friend and all the best in the new venture! I can see you're having your hands full already! I will start spreading words to some of my local friends here about these great freeze-dried bloodworms!

Very nicely done with your new online store. I really like the clean look and layout!:)

Thanks,
Kenny

brewmaster15
02-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Great looking site Al, awesome job!

All the best with everything!

Eddie

Thanks Eddie for kind words and well wishes!:)

Al,

Well done my friend and all the best in the new venture! I can see you're having your hands full already! I will start spreading words to some of my local friends here about these great freeze-dried bloodworms!

Very nicely done with your new online store. I really like the clean look and layout!:)

Thanks,
Kenny

Kenny, Thank you help like that is very very appreciated!!:):):)

Everyone... Just so you know...if you placed an order with me between yesterday and this morning...your orders are on their way..they were dropped off this morning.Thanks so much for making my first day a good start here.:)

-al

waters10
02-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Just placed my order! Can't wait to try this! I'm hoping to replace frozen food with this in the long run! Should make things much easier ...

gwrace
02-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi all!

Well I have gotten my first order in and should be able to fill your fishes Freeze Dried Blackworm Needs now...

Here is the Deal.... I have set up an online store....As I have time I will dress it up a bit..its functional as it is. I will also add a direct link from the forum, next on my to do list.

This online store is set up to accept only orders for the USA..Prices listed include Shipping to all USA locations. Sales tax is collected for CT only.(sorry fellow nutmeggers!:() payments accepted at this time are paypal and prepaid checks/money orders. Paypal is immediate, the prepaid function is a consideration for those that don't want to use paypal...but I won't ship until payment clears.

I plan on adding a credit card option as well as the credit card thru paypal thats currently set up, but I am still looking into the credit card gateways...talk about fees and mumbo jumbo...sheess...my head hurts:mad:

Canadian and other International hobbyists.... I may be able to ship to you...contact me by pm here. (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?u=4205). or by email at aquaticsuppliers@comcast.net and we'll see what we can do..

Please let me know if you run into any issues with the shopping cart...I have gone over it all dozens of time and everything seems good to go..but I am sure I missed something...if theres an issue...please let me know and I will fix it immediately.

Thanks everyone.

-al

Ps... My new online store is...

AquaticSuppliers.com (http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com)

Just ordered my first round of 200 gram cubes. Thanks Al.

David

brewmaster15
02-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks David,
I have your order packed up and it will go out on Monday.:)

-al

ashaysathe
02-20-2010, 10:23 PM
I got mine today. Fish love it.
It was great seeing you, Carie and kids again and also having a cup of coffee. I am also glad the that "magic garage" continue to be one.
Will see you in 2 weeks and before then.
All the very best for the new venture and I truely think its a unique offering. Very cool

gwrace
02-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks David,

-al

Al

Thanks for the prompt shipment. I was just wondering by what method you will be shipping these out and if there would be any tracking number available?

Thanks!

David

brewmaster15
02-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi David,
I've been shipping everything out US postal service PriorityMail for the time being...I'm still working on fine tuning the shipping and I am sure things will change but the post office seems to be the best route at this time. My guess is you'll recieve your order on wednesday as it will get dropped off monday at the post office.

hth and thanks again,
al

gwrace
02-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi David,
I've been shipping everything out US postal service PriorityMail for the time being...I'm still working on fine tuning the shipping and I am sure things will change but the post office seems to be the best route at this time. My guess is you'll recieve your order on wednesday as it will get dropped off monday at the post office.

hth and thanks again,
al

Awesome. That should be plenty fast enough. Thanks for the great service.

David

CodOnMyRod
02-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Just got my worms. Thanks for the quick delivery Al.

Ruben

brewmaster15
02-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Great Ruben,
Thank you again for the order!!:)

-al

edawg
02-22-2010, 04:12 PM
just got mine today also discus tore it off the glass in seconds lost a little intrest in it when it stared to float but started eating all the ones that was suspended in the middle of the tank. i was kinda amazed on how fast i got them thanks al but not that amazed since dont live that far away lol

brewmaster15
02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::):):):) Thanks....Glad they got there so fast! and even happier that the discus like them.:)

-al

Spardas
02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
I wonder if my package is waiting for me at my doorstep? I can't wait to get home to see and try these out, :D.

dbfzurowski
02-22-2010, 05:38 PM
just wondering do you guys pre-soak these before throwing it in the tank?
or any/all other freeze dried foods?

brewmaster15
02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
just wondering do you guys pre-soak these before throwing it in the tank?
or any/all other freeze dried foods?

Hi Dominik,
I don't presoak the freeze dried black worms or the brine shrimp I feed.But it certainly would not hurt you to do that if you feel more comfortable doing so.

hth,
al

bettebulldog
02-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Just want to say thank you Al for the fastest shipping ever. I ordered on friday night and got them this morning. I got the loose sample from mal and the fish liked them but they were kind of messy floating around the top. Ordered the cubes this time and just stick them to the glass. The fish knock it of right away but none of the worms make it to the top of the water. I thought they liked the seafood mix. These worms are the best.

Thanks again Al

Jon

TCT
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
I just placed my order 50gram of loose pack. Can't wait to get them.
TcT

tcmemphisbbq
02-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Order placed, my fish love these things, especially the juvies.

joanr
02-22-2010, 09:36 PM
The problem being they will start to refuse to eat other foods, my crew is pulling this on me already and I've been feeding these for a few weeks now. The flakes they loved are now being ignored, so I'd say they prefer these worms even over beefheart but watch it, they may start to do what mine are doing. Yah, I know my fish are spoiled.....

Spardas
02-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Wow, I couldn't believe how fast these were being attacked by my discus.

Most of my discus are accustomed to eating floating food but I couldn't believe how fast they were gorging cube by cube.

Truly a great product, I'll see how much it'll fatten up my underwater piggies, lol.

Thanks Mal for such a great product and Al for making it easier for us to get them here in the US.

philip69285
02-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Let me know when you accept credit cards via the wensite and Ill play my order... since checks are so slow to send out and I still have some from the trial I did with Mal :)

brewmaster15
02-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks guys!!:)
-al

Let me know when you accept credit cards via the wensite and Ill play my order... since checks are so slow to send out and I still have some from the trial I did with Mal :) Hi philip,
I do accept check and money order as well as paypal.The time it takes to ship after recieving these is just what it takes to clear...usually only 3-4 days...whereas a paypal funded order usually goes out the next day at the latest. Though I am looking into it... I do not anticipate accepting credit cards directly thru means other than paypal anytime soon..my apologies.

-al

Ronald
02-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Hi Al,
I have ordered a small amount to check them out.
Just wanted to let you know that the confimation e-mail as well as the paypal payment worked great.
I also like your site. Very clean cut. And also not so cluttered with all kinds of stuff to buy, but I bet you will change that part hihi.
Just kidding :D

Regards,
Ronald

brewmaster15
02-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi Al,
I have ordered a small amount to check them out.
Just wanted to let you know that the confimation e-mail as well as the paypal payment worked great.
I also like your site. Very clean cut. And also not so cluttered with all kinds of stuff to buy, but I bet you will change that part hihi.
Just kidding :D

Regards,
Ronald Hi Ronald!

Thanks for the site feedback and order...we'll get it out to you latter this morning. Hope your fish like it!. :)

Hope you've been well also!

-al

amunoz7
02-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Got my order in yesterday and my piggies completely demolished them!!! Great Item!! Thanks Al!!!!

▬ Aram ▬

korbi_doc
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks Al, got my order yesterday...boy, that was fast shipping...will be feeding the cubes tonite...I know they'll love'm...went right thru the sample....:D

Dottie

brewmaster15
02-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Got my order in yesterday and my piggies completely demolished them!!! Great Item!! Thanks Al!!!!

▬ Aram ▬ My Pleasure Aram! Thank you for your order!!:):):)

Thanks Al, got my order yesterday...boy, that was fast shipping...will be feeding the cubes tonite...I know they'll love'm...went right thru the sample....:D

Dottie Dottie, thats great. Let me know how your fishes take to them... I'll be in touch this upcoming week on that surf and turf.:)
Thanks again!!!
-al

gwrace
02-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks David,

-al

Al

We received our order today. Thanks for the great service and very prompt shipping. Much appreciated.

David

brewmaster15
02-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Al

We received our order today. Thanks for the great service and very prompt shipping. Much appreciated.

David

Thanks David!!:)

TCT
02-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Al,
Could you please check if my order has been shipped? My fish starving to death w/o these worms.
Thanks

brewmaster15
02-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi TCT,
Your order was shipped on 2/23 priority mail.....I would expect you'll get it today 2/25 possibly:)

hth,
al

mlov1022
02-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Al, Received my order today. Thanks for the super fast shipping and great service. :thumbsup:

brewmaster15
02-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Al, Received my order today. Thanks for the super fast shipping and great service. :thumbsup:
Great Marc,
Glad they got there. Thanks again for your order. You should have some very happy fishes~!:)

-al

TCT
02-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi TCT,
Your order was shipped on 2/23 priority mail.....I would expect you'll get it today 2/25 possibly:)

hth,
al

Thanks Al,
Received my order today, and my fish going wild.
This stuff is amazing..:)

brewmaster15
02-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks Al,
Received my order today, and my fish going wild.
This stuff is amazing..:)
Nice!!!!:):):) Glad to hear it!

-al

waters10
02-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Wanted to thanks for the fast shipping! I got this yesterday and I was surprised by how much 50grams really is! I think this will last a lot longer than I thought ...

The only thing is, one of my discus is refusing to eat it ... I hate to starve my fish, but it seems like I'll have to. The strange part is that this female is not a picky eater, compared to my other discus. I'm gonna give her a couple more days before starving her.

Oh and I got the loose stuff. Used the worm cone upside town tactic talked about and didn't work too well in the beginning, but now it seems like they got how it works!

brewmaster15
02-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Wanted to thanks for the fast shipping! I got this yesterday and I was surprised by how much 50grams really is! I think this will last a lot longer than I thought ...

The only thing is, one of my discus is refusing to eat it ... I hate to starve my fish, but it seems like I'll have to. The strange part is that this female is not a picky eater, compared to my other discus. I'm gonna give her a couple more days before starving her.

Oh and I got the loose stuff. Used the worm cone upside town tactic talked about and didn't work too well in the beginning, but now it seems like they got how it works!

My pleasure on the quick shipping...I try to get the order out asap.

I would not worry too much at this point about that one female...A few days of watching the others eat and I think she'll be fine... I don't think you'll need to starve her...New foods sometimes take a few tries to get them used to it...be sure to offer it in the morning when they tend to be most hungry ...Thank you for the feedback.:)

take care,
al

dbfzurowski
02-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Oh man, i got these in few days ago, haha, i almost lost my fingers on the first feed. Only got 10g to try it out;
Are the blackworms better then BW? i'm probably going to switch just have to finish my supply of BW first. Anyhow thanks for a great product!

edawg
02-27-2010, 02:32 PM
yea just placed a order of 200 grams my fish love these worms i tried once feeding them freez dried blood worms and they did not touch them but the blackworms are something else they go crazy.

02-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Just placed my order Al!!!

Please let me know if you have recieved my payment and the expected shipping date!

SUPER EXCITED!

Alan

brewmaster15
02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi Alan,

Order is all set , thanks so much..It will ship first thing Monday am by priority mail.

-al

waters10
03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
My pleasure on the quick shipping...I try to get the order out asap.

I would not worry too much at this point about that one female...A few days of watching the others eat and I think she'll be fine... I don't think you'll need to starve her...New foods sometimes take a few tries to get them used to it...be sure to offer it in the morning when they tend to be most hungry ...Thank you for the feedback.:)

take care,
al
Female is eating almost as well as the others now. She finally figured out how to eat from the cone today! Didn't have to starve her. All it took was a weekend of 3x worms a day and less frozen/flakes. It's amazing how much my cardinals love this!! Once in a while my discus get more than they can swallow from the cone, so they spit some worms that promptly floats to the surface. My HOB filter brings those down and the cardinals attack those, while the discus remain focused on the cone! I don't know if my rummynose don't like it as much or it just doesn't make it to the mid/bottom of the tank, where they usually are.

sherry123
03-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Al :) getting ready to place my first order, my discus loved the sample they tried! Do you by chance have the worm cones too? I don't want those things going all over my tank :)

lkleung007
03-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi Al,

Got my sample from Mal today and will give it a try tonight. Based on the nutritional value of the blackworms...high in crude protein...they may be a good substitute for beefheart mix...what do you think?? The blackworms are certainly a cleaner food to feed than beefheart.

I'm sure I'll be ordering from you real soon. BTW, do you recommend the loose worms or the cubes??

Regards, Lester

underwaterforest
03-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I personally like the cubed better since you can stick it to the glass and feed at whatever level the fish want. I haven't got to try it out on any discus yet but my lucky silver dollars and clown loaches love it. It took a few feedings for them to really get into the BW but now they don't want to eat anything else.

CodOnMyRod
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
If you take the loose worms and ball them up in your fingers, they will stick to the glass also. This way you can make the ball of worms as big or small as you want. I bought the loose ones and I stick them to the glass and they stay on there pretty good until they get real crazy and pull it off the glass.

Ruben

sridharp77
03-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Thanks Al ... Got the package today. Had ordered 100 gms of Blackworm. Thanks a lot:thumbsup::)

brewmaster15
03-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi Al :) getting ready to place my first order, my discus loved the sample they tried! Do you by chance have the worm cones too? I don't want those things going all over my tank :)
Hi Sherry,
I don't sell the feeding cones sorry...I don't use them here either. My fish don't seem to have any preferences on the loose vs cubed. I feed them interchangeably now.:):):)
back

Lester, Let me know when you are ready my friend and we'll get you out an order...Hey last time we talked you were cutting back....;) stocking up on fish again?:D:D:balloon::balloon:

Sridhar, So glad that they made it there to you.. Thanks!:)

-al

Justice
03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I ordered 50g cubed Thursday morning to feed my TSS and CSS youngsters.

If they eat them like my adults did the sample I will probably need to order a larger size next time.

Cubed or Loose really does not matter to me but since my sample was the loose ones I thought I will try cubed.

brewmaster15
03-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks Joe!,
That order went out to you Thursday as well... :) Should receive it shortly.

-al

lkleung007
03-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey Al,

You know how it is...once an addict...LOL!!

I did cut back my collection last year due to the fact that I was moving to a new house. I just did not purchase any new discus for a couple of years. It's amazing how much has changed and the quality of the discus being imported now. I am currently running 6 tanks instead of 14. I have only purchased from sponsors here on Simply and am very happy with all of my shipments...so thank you Kenny, Mike, Eric, Kevin, Hans and John.

I will be sending an order in for blackworms soon. :)

Best Regards, Lester

brewmaster15
03-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Glad all is well Lester...and yep...once an addict.....:)

take care!

-al
Hey Al,

You know how it is...once an addict...LOL!!

I did cut back my collection last year due to the fact that I was moving to a new house. I just did not purchase any new discus for a couple of years. It's amazing how much has changed and the quality of the discus being imported now. I am currently running 6 tanks instead of 14. I have only purchased from sponsors here on Simply and am very happy with all of my shipments...so thank you Kenny, Mike, Eric, Kevin, Hans and John.

I will be sending an order in for blackworms soon. :)

Best Regards, Lester

Justice
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks Joe!,
That order went out to you Thursday as well... :) Should receive it shortly.

-alWOW!
You sure dont waste no time getting orders shipped out, Thanks Al

MSD
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I am not a fan of freeze dried foods as they are usually so dried out the fish don't touch them. So when Al became a dealer I thought, Al does not do things without thought. Knowing how Al is I decided to give them a try as everyone was raving over them. Well to my complete surprise, my fish went absoultely crazy over them to the point of fighting to get the food! It is very slightly moist so it is not like typical freeze dried and will stick to the glass for the fish to attack, they will not wait for it to get stuck on now. People whose opinion I trust were really promotong the worms and so I have to say, this is the most amazing food I have every fed my discus, they eat it better then any live or frozen worm I ever tried. If your fish are not eating these worms there is something very wrong with their appetite, its amazing. Very impressive food Al, you made a great choice as usual. :)

brewmaster15
03-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I am not a fan of freeze dried foods as they are usually so dried out the fish don't touch them. So when Al became a dealer I thought, Al does not do things without thought. Knowing how Al is I decided to give them a try as everyone was raving over them. Well to my complete surprise, my fish went absoultely crazy over them to the point of fighting to get the food! It is very slightly moist so it is not like typical freeze dried and will stick to the glass for the fish to attack, they will not wait for it to get stuck on now. People whose opinion I trust were really promotong the worms and so I have to say, this is the most amazing food I have every fed my discus, they eat it better then any live or frozen worm I ever tried. If your fish are not eating these worms there is something very wrong with their appetite, its amazing. Very impressive food Al, you made a great choice as usual. :)

Thanks Mark!:) I do Believe that Mal has developed an excellent and well accepted Food with these freeze dried Blackworms...and I am really happy with it here! Glad your Fish are enjoying them too!! Thanks for the feedback Mark!

-al

lkleung007
03-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey Al,

Just wanted to let you know that the blackworms arrived today. Wow that was quick!!!! Ordered on Friday and arrived on Monday...just can't beat that.

Thanks again for the wonderful service.

Regards, Lester

brewmaster15
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks Lester! Glad you got them!:):):)

Thanks for the order!

-al

William Palumbo
03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I ordered mine today from Al...the first of MANY orders I will be placing from Al no doubt, as these worms are great...Bill

brewmaster15
03-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks Bill,

That will go out today.:)

-al

gwrace
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I personally like the cubed better since you can stick it to the glass and feed at whatever level the fish want. I haven't got to try it out on any discus yet but my lucky silver dollars and clown loaches love it. It took a few feedings for them to really get into the BW but now they don't want to eat anything else.

Among my other fish the surprise here was how much the siamese algae eaters enjoy them. They stop cleaning the tank as soon as these enter the tank and start gobbling them up. :D

bayboy1205
03-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Just placed my order for 200g cubed!
I received my free sample early last week. Wasn't sure if the fry would take them right away or not. So I placed a few in the fry tank and they came immediately to the top to get them. Now all of the fry come swimming up when ever its time to feed. Not the shy fry they once were.

brewmaster15
03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Just placed my order for 200g cubed!
I received my free sample early last week. Wasn't sure if the fry would take them right away or not. So I placed a few in the fry tank and they came immediately to the top to get them. Now all of the fry come swimming up when ever its time to feed. Not the shy fry they once were.
Great! That will go out today... thanks!!!

-al

William Palumbo
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I got my worms today. Thanks Al...that was fast!...Bill

brewmaster15
03-10-2010, 06:56 PM
I got my worms today. Thanks Al...that was fast!...Bill
Glad to hear it Bill!

-al

1nvad3r
03-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Amazing results with this food even my finiky eaters are sold. Only took couple days for all my fish to go nuts on this. My only complaint is that it floats for a long time owell. Great product from Mal and great service from Mr.Al :) thank you again will order some more soon.

Harvey

MalcolmC
03-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Great to see that your fish like the worms, but to be very honest with you, if I didn't know that these worms were also extremely good for your fish I probably wouldn't have persevered with developing the product. I hope those of you who are feeding them to your fish are noticing that your fish are benefiting from eating this very high protein food, and I would love some feedback on that subject.
Mal

Ardan
03-15-2010, 06:15 AM
My order is in:D

Thanks Al!

Ardan

brewmaster15
03-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Harvey, I am so glad that they are working out well for you!:)

Mal, I'd say your hard work and effort payed of!:)

Ardan,
Thanks for your order my friend, I'll get that out to you today for sure!

-al

1nvad3r
03-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Im using the BW for my new batch of 10 1.5inch when i got them jan 6 was the day of birth. I feed them the BW in morning and once more at night when i get home. Atm i cant make any beefheart mix as i dont have time. Im hoping these will replace the beefheart mix in way and still get good growth and not get water issues of feeding a mix. I have a thread in the photo section of these German RT, will update soon to show growth using this food product.Thanks again to both of you Mal & Al : )

Hawks
03-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Al, Just ordered some of you worms, looking forward to trying them out. By the way everyone is talking about them it sounds good. Just wanted to say thanks for your time with me. Steve

brewmaster15
03-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi Steve,
Glad to be of help.:):)..I mailed those out to you today so you should get them in afew days. Let me know how they work out.

Best regards,
al

Ardan
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Received my order today already:):) The fish have feasted:D The angels and discus wasted no time with them!:D

Thank you very much Al!

Ardan

brewmaster15
03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
My pleasure Ardan! Glad the fishes enjoyed the feast! Thanks again for your order!!:)

-al

dbfzurowski
03-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks Al, got my 100g today.
Perfect timing as i ran out last night :)

Dom

brewmaster15
03-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Great Dominik... Thanks again!!:)

-al

yashaswibs
03-28-2010, 09:19 AM
I had not received the worms for a couple of days after ordering and so I called up Al. He not only went on to talk about the worms but also about my discus which I had just got from Hans. He was very informative and helpful.

The worms arrived the next day but the discus took a couple of days to get adjusted to them. It has been 10 days now and they love the cubes.

The questions I have are-
1.The cubes don't stick to the glass for long (the fish attack them with gusto so they are gone by second or third hit) and they take a while to get waterlogged and sink- so should the loose worms be a better idea for most purposes?
2. How much should you feed them, and how often? I have 10 discus in 90 gallon planted tank.
3. Is there anyway to get them inside water quicker or sink them or is patience the key- the reason for this question is, I drop a cube and have to wait for about 10 mins for it to be consumed but the fish will want more so the whole process of feeding them takes me to stay in house. Likely a stupid question but I am in the process of learning. Can I just drop 3-4 cubes at a time and forget about feeding them one after another?

The product is fabulous and would love to make this my only fish food. The service has been exceptional. Thank you Al.

joanr
03-28-2010, 12:08 PM
The worms are not intended to be the only item in the diet. You still need to feed a variety of foods, good quality flake or pellets, maybe some Beefheart or Mix of some sort.
The worms do not sink, so if your Discus will not feed from the top you would need to keep some current going in the tank to mix them around, or stir them down with your hand, or feed them in an inverted worm feeder placed mid-tank available at many sites online. I feed these worms for the evening meal so I have more time. Mornings they get Frozen blood worm cubes and flake. Mid day around 3:30 when I get home they get tetra bits and a different variety of flake than the morning flake. I feed as much as they will take in about a 20 minute period. Discus will attack the first available food, stuff themselves but then take their time to eat any leftovers. I like to give them at least a 20 minute period before vacuuming up any leftovers.

yashaswibs
03-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I guess I did not realize this is not intended to be complete meal in itself but an adjuvant. I do have a lot of current and they do mix around but I love seeing these guys go at it and I end up missing it if the cubes float around.

I will try the inverted cone.
Thanks for the reply.

1nvad3r
03-30-2010, 02:38 AM
hey all if you havent ordered one yet your missing out.After a few weeks adding this to my feeding regime the most shy discus i have eats the worm off my hand now crazy ! Anyways placing another set of 200g :)

brewmaster15
03-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks Guys for the feedback...I'm glad everyones fish are enjoying their Blackworms! I still have most items in stock... I am out on the 200 gram cubes currently and the 10 gram loose... but all others are in stock..

I have a new shipment coming probably be recieved next week as well.

Thanks again!

-al

Kenny's Discus
04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Al,

I tried to feed the Australian Blackworm cubes you sent me a couple days ago to a few of my tanks and they attacked it right off the bat. No special training needed lol and I'm fully sold my friend!:thumbsup: Great job both Al and Mal.:)

I have to say this is a fabulous diet for our discus. I will be placing additional orders shortly Al don't you run out on me lol...

Thanks,
Kenny

First cubes of your dried blackworms ever introduced to them...

diamond_discus
04-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Wow, Kenny, if you are in this deal .. you are going to get Al's entire shipment every time. I better place my order quick before Al runs out his stock ... ;)

Kenny's Discus
04-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Hehe Larry but I'm sure Al has enough for everyone!:) He always does.

Thanks,
Kenny

brewmaster15
04-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Kenny,
Thanks for the feedback my friend! I am glad to see the fishes enjoy the Blackworms !:)

Larry, no worries there ... I have a new shipment coming in shortly.;)

Take care all,
-al

ps...Bora , sent you a PM

diamond_discus
04-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Larry, no worries there ... I have a new shipment coming in shortly.;)

Okay Al, just pm me when your new shipment arrive .. you know what I need .. ;)

bto
04-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Al ... thank you so much for the blackworm shipment. Talk about service - ordered on Friday and I receive it this morning (monday)!!!!

Thanks Again!

Barry

Discus_dood
04-06-2010, 08:36 AM
hey al, did I miss the price list(probably) want to try 50g cubes.thanks Pete

ILuvTropicalFish
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
I ordered worms on Sunday and they arrived today. Great service! I tried these worms a couple of months ago and all my fish love them. They get real mad if I try to put any other dry worm in the tank. If you have not tried them, I highly recommend that you do. Thanks Al and my fish thank you too!

brewmaster15
04-15-2010, 08:49 AM
I ordered worms on Sunday and they arrived today. Great service! I tried these worms a couple of months ago and all my fish love them. They get real mad if I try to put any other dry worm in the tank. If you have not tried them, I highly recommend that you do. Thanks Al and my fish thank you too!

Thanks Peggy!!:):) Glad to hear you got them ! Now you can have happy fish again!:D

-al

gravjack
04-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi Al

I will be getting my fish in a week or two and wanted to have some of the worms on hand to try. Went to the website, but noted that all the 50 gram or less options are out of stock. I'm not in a hurry, but wondering when you will receive a resupply.

John

brewmaster15
04-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Hi John,
I am out of stock on most sizes right now, but I have a large order in transit to me and an additional one in the works...I am hoping to receive my new stock within the next few days.

Currently I have in stock
100 grams loose
200 gram loose
100 gram cubed.

Quantities there are getting low also.

I'll post when I get my new order in.

Thanks!

-al

H82LOS3
04-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey i would like to order 2 10 grams of blackworms please, when are you gonna have in stock?

brewmaster15
04-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Any day now I should recieve them.They are in transit....I'll post as soon as I do.

Thanks,
al

Ed13
04-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Anybody got a video or more pics, particularly of the loose ones. Never really use, or seen for that manner, a live or dead Blackworm let alone a freeze dried version. Kinda interested in the results form everyone.

CodOnMyRod
04-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Anybody got a video or more pics, particularly of the loose ones. Never really use, or seen for that manner, a live or dead Blackworm let alone a freeze dried version. Kinda interested in the results form everyone.

Hey Ed hopefully this can help you. I buy the loose worms, and what I do is take a small clump and ball it up in my fingers and stick it to the glass about halfway down.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/CodOnMyRod/Fish/DSC_0942.jpg

They attack it right away and about 15 to 20 seconds later there are pieces all over. I have a lot of current in my tank so they go all over althought they tend to float.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/CodOnMyRod/Fish/DSC_0943-1.jpg

If i'm lucky the clump will stay on the glass for about 30 seconds then the main clump starts just floating around the tank midwater.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/CodOnMyRod/Fish/DSC_0944.jpg

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/CodOnMyRod/Fish/DSC_0945.jpg

They will keep attacking the clump until it starts really breaking up then they will go their own way looking for individual worms. Sometimes whats left of the clump will slowly sink to the bottom and get attacked there.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/CodOnMyRod/Fish/DSC_0946.jpg

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/CodOnMyRod/Fish/DSC_0947.jpg

In 3 to 5 minutes everything floating around midwater and near the bottom will be gone. There will be some that float at the surface, then the fish will slowly come up one by one to get the floaters.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae177/CodOnMyRod/Fish/DSC_0948.jpg

All my fish love them. One warning though this food is discus crack. I thought frozen bloodworms were bad, they prefer this over any other food.

Ruben

Ed13
04-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the "play by play" Rubén! Your discus are looking good too!

So floaters are ignored untill the end?

CodOnMyRod
04-17-2010, 09:16 PM

No problem Ed. The floaters usually are eaten last, but all my discus have learned to eat off the surface with these worms. I think having a lot of current helps with these worms.

Ruben

brewmaster15
04-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Love seeing those happy Discus Chowing Down Ruben! Thanks for the pictures!:):):)

-al

CodOnMyRod
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Love seeing those happy Discus Chowing Down Ruben! Thanks for the pictures!:):):)

-al

No problem Al. I'll be contacting you soon, I am almost out of worms here.

Ruben

brewmaster15
04-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi all,
Well I am back in the saddle again... Got my next order in and the website inventory has been updated..

If you are looking for Freeze dried Australian Blackworms in the USA or Canada...Please visit the online store here...

Aquaticsuppliers.com (http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/)

Thanks everyone!

Best regards all,
Al

dbfzurowski
04-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey,
quick video of my fish feeding on Australian blackworms.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/wadopl/my%20fish/th_100_0688.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/wadopl/my%20fish/?action=view&current=100_0688.flv)

Hagisan
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
After all the reading I am going to place my order ASAP.

Thanks for the visual posts Ruben and Dominik.

dbfzurowski
04-19-2010, 09:18 PM
no problem buddy.
i'm very happy with this product.

diamond_discus
04-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Al,
I recevied my shipment today. Thank you for the fast shipment.
-Larry

brewmaster15
04-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Larry,
Glad to hear that those fishes will be happy now.:) Thanks for the order my friend!

take care,
al

diamond_discus
04-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Larry,
Glad to hear that those fishes will be happy now.:) Thanks for the order my friend!

take care,
al

Al :

Indeed my fishes are happy .. I stick the cube toward the bottom. My fishes swam by initially as they didn't know what it is .. But as soon as the first guy took a bite .. the rest of the gang basically attack it .. I used up 10 cubes for my first feeding last night .. I am going to use this for my breeding tank. I believe this will help keep the breeding tank clean .. Let's see if it will help spawning :) Thanks again.

-Larry

ceh23
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I just wanted to add that I received my shipment last week and my discus are going nuts over this! I just started with Discus, and they have been shy for about 2 weeks. But now feeding this, some are recognizing me as a food source and swim up to me to attack the food!

Very pleased!!

brewmaster15
04-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I just wanted to add that I received my shipment last week and my discus are going nuts over this! I just started with Discus, and they have been shy for about 2 weeks. But now feeding this, some are recognizing me as a food source and swim up to me to attack the food!

Very pleased!! Excellent! thats what I like to hear.:) Glad that the worms are working out for you...Thanks for the feedback!

-al

truc_tuyen
04-23-2010, 12:51 PM
got mine and all fish love it

thank Al

nc0gnet0
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Curious to hear how everyone is feeding these. My fish love them as well, but as I stick the cube to the side of the tank it only stays there a few minutes until they knock it free. The best I have been able to come up with is a veggy clip to date....any other ideas?

diamond_discus
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Curious to hear how everyone is feeding these. My fish love them as well, but as I stick the cube to the side of the tank it only stays there a few minutes until they knock it free. The best I have been able to come up with is a veggy clip to date....any other ideas?

I press it really hard to the side, and it seems to help keep it together longer.
Another approach is the use a worm feeder, but mount it upside down. I ordered a few worm feeder but don't have a need for them ... My fish just float up to attach the remaining that float to the top. It also help to have a couple sponge filter that has strong air flow, to create some water current to get the floating one up and down the tank.

brewmaster15
04-23-2010, 08:22 PM
got mine and all fish love it

thank Al
Awesome Truc! thanks again for the order!:)

-al

gravjack
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Al

Thanks for the fast shipping. Now I've got blackworms, all I need is some fish to feed with them. Next week, I hope. Thanks again.

John

brewmaster15
04-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Al

Thanks for the fast shipping. Now I've got blackworms, all I need is some fish to feed with them. Next week, I hope. Thanks again.

John
My Pleasure John!

Good luck with the new fishes! and thanks!!:)

-al

Discus-n00b
04-23-2010, 11:20 PM

Hey Ed, my fish will take these straight off of the surface no problem. Loose or cubed, it doesn't matter. The cubes end up on the surface anyway but have not had a problem with any fish not wanting to take them loose off the surface.

If anyone is on the fence, definitely jump and put an order in with Al. This food is the stuff.

brewmaster15
04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Hey Ed, my fish will take these straight off of the surface no problem. Loose or cubed, it doesn't matter. The cubes end up on the surface anyway but have not had a problem with any fish not wanting to take them loose off the surface.

If anyone is on the fence, definitely jump and put an order in with Al. This food is the stuff.

Thanks Matt!!:) :):):):)

diamond_discus
04-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Al :

The FDBW are great for my breeding tanks .. Water stay very clean, no more flakes/pellets particles at the bottom .. Fishes in my community tanks go crazy on these worms, they are much more active hunting. Before, they were all staying near the bottom or mid water. Now, they are going all the way to the water surface looking for the yummy food.

-Larry

Justice
04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
AL

I have just added Mal's FDBW's as one of the ingredients to my newest batch of Beef heart Mix.

I just made this BH Mix yesterday but so far so good, I have had no problems getting my Juvie and Adult Discus to eat it, They really go after it and gobble it up (knock on wood).

I am super happy with the way the Discus have responded to the Mix with FDBW's in it sp far, So thanks to You and Mal for this great product!

brewmaster15
04-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Al :

The FDBW are great for my breeding tanks .. Water stay very clean, no more flakes/pellets particles at the bottom .. Fishes in my community tanks go crazy on these worms, they are much more active hunting. Before, they were all staying near the bottom or mid water. Now, they are going all the way to the water surface looking for the yummy food.

-Larry

Larry,
I've been using it in my tanks for the breeders as well and its definetly a clean food to feed..I also use it for the fry ground up and thats been working well too.:)

Take care...
al

AL

I have just added Mal's FDBW's as one of the ingredients to my newest batch of Beef heart Mix.

I just made this BH Mix yesterday but so far so good, I have had no problems getting my Juvie and Adult Discus to eat it, They really go after it and gobble it up (knock on wood).

I am super happy with the way the Discus have responded to the Mix with FDBW's in it sp far, So thanks to You and Mal for this great product!

Excellent Joe! I'm glad to hear it! Sounds like your fish are eating pretty good !!!:) Thanks for the feedback!

brewmaster15
04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
HI all,

The Shopping cart is now Configured to accept orders to Canada...:) for Freeze Dried Blackworms....So if you are in Canada you can now conveniently place orders at

AquaticSuppliers.com
(http://aquaticsuppliers.com/)
Bulk orders are also welcome...please contact me to discuss pricing and shipping on these. I can be contacted at
Aquaticsuppliers@comcast.net or thru the board pm system.

Thank you!!

al

International Locations other the CANADA please contact for pricing and if I can I will add your area to my shopping Cart. Thanks!

chaoslite
05-01-2010, 12:48 AM
All I can say is WOW! Great customer service! I placed my order this week and sent a little note today to find out if I could get a "guestimation" on when they would arrive. Not only did I get a call within a few hours to let me know when they were shipped, when I got home they were in my mailbox. My smaller discus were being very picky and only eating blood worms and every once in a while a color bit or two. I put these worms in he tank and they attacked them. They are better at getting to them than my larger to and have no problem grabbing them off the top. Definitely going to order more after this. Thanks everyone for recommending them to me and thank you Al for the great customer service and shipping them so quickly. I have only been a member to the SDF for a short time, but you guys have made it a very welcoming experience.

Mishka

brewmaster15
05-01-2010, 08:05 AM
All I can say is WOW! Great customer service! I placed my order this week and sent a little note today to find out if I could get a "guestimation" on when they would arrive. Not only did I get a call within a few hours to let me know when they were shipped, when I got home they were in my mailbox. My smaller discus were being very picky and only eating blood worms and every once in a while a color bit or two. I put these worms in he tank and they attacked them. They are better at getting to them than my larger to and have no problem grabbing them off the top. Definitely going to order more after this. Thanks everyone for recommending them to me and thank you Al for the great customer service and shipping them so quickly. I have only been a member to the SDF for a short time, but you guys have made it a very welcoming experience.

Mishka

Hi Mishka,
I'm Glad to hear they got there safe and sound! and your experience here at SimplyDiscus has been so good so far! Thats what we like to hear!:)
All the best to you in your Discus Adventure!

Thanks again for the order!!

-al

geccles
05-01-2010, 08:19 AM
It's about time for another order for me. When do you plan on getting more of the 200g cubed in stock?

brewmaster15
05-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Should not be much longer...That item flew off the shelves.. I know Mal is working on filling a new shipment for me..

Sending you a pm.

-al

YSS
05-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Al,

Didn't go through all the posts, but sounds like a great food for discus. Couple of questions and/or comments are:

1. If the fish love this food so much, wouldn't they just ignore other food and wait to get FDBW so eventually, they will only eat the FDBW and no other food?
2. They are pricey. $88 for 200g which translates to $198 per pound. Just read it takes 80g of live BW to make 10g of FDBW. So, it's basically $25 per pound of live BW. So does this mean feeding 10g of FDBW is equivalent to feeding 80g of live BW?
3. I roughly feed about 30g of frozen food to my fish per day (at night). I feed pellets and flakes in the morning. If I were to feed my fish FDBW, do you recommend replacing either the frozen food or dried food with FDBW or incorporate the FDBW in with the other two? Based on my feeding of frozen food per meal, what would be the equivalent for one feeding of FDBW (by weight)?

Sorrry for the long post and questions. Thanks!

brewmaster15
05-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Al,

Didn't go through all the posts, but sounds like a great food for discus. Couple of questions and/or comments are:

1. If the fish love this food so much, wouldn't they just ignore other food and wait to get FDBW so eventually, they will only eat the FDBW and no other food?
2. They are pricey. $88 for 200g which translates to $198 per pound. Just read it takes 80g of live BW to make 10g of FDBW. So, it's basically $25 per pound of live BW. So does this mean feeding 10g of FDBW is equivalent to feeding 80g of live BW?
3. I roughly feed about 30g of frozen food to my fish per day (at night). I feed pellets and flakes in the morning. If I were to feed my fish FDBW, do you recommend replacing either the frozen food or dried food with FDBW or incorporate the FDBW in with the other two? Based on my feeding of frozen food per meal, what would be the equivalent for one feeding of FDBW (by weight)?

Sorrry for the long post and questions. Thanks!

Hi YSS,:)

to answer best I can here.,,,

<Try them.> not so subliminal hint:)

1)
1. If the fish love this food so much, wouldn't they just ignore other food and wait to get FDBW so eventually, they will only eat the FDBW and no other food? No , unless you as the keeper spoil them. I feed mine freeze dried blackworms as part of a mixed diet....almost all the people I know of do. Mine still take my home made mixes and commercial pellets fine. Now if the keeper gets lazy and feeds them only Blackwormsbecause they love watching them tear into them and its convenient then......live or dried.. you can spoil them.

2)Pricey? ..My discus don't think so.:) seriously
$88 for 200g which translates to $198 per poundyes..but thats based on a freeze dried pound... which is huge difference from wet frozen pound... ...once you take the water out these worms weigh close to nothing. To be frank...If you are looking for an inexpensive food to feed... neither freeze dried blackworms or live CBW fits that bill. This product isn't mean't to be a cheap food ...Its meant to be a great food.:) and Its meant to be an alternative to live Blackworms.... a food many people like to feed...
When you consider what these cost... consider that with these worms....You aren't paying for water with freeze dried foods nor in the bag they ship in or are stored in like frozen foods....the shelf life is long and needs no special handling..for some looking to feed blackworms... these are a better option to live blackworms . For someone looking to suppliment their fishes diet these are excellent...

So does this mean feeding 10g of FDBW is equivalent to feeding 80g of live BW? yes I believe thats roughly what the conversion is from live worms to freeze dried once you remove the live aquatic worm from their water environment.

3)
I roughly feed about 30g of frozen food to my fish per day (at night). so basically you are feeding the equivalent of a few grams of dry freeze dried food if you flash froze it and dehydrated it under a vacuum to lock in all its nutrients. and remove the water. :)...since frozen foods like blood worms are mostly water. I don't make any recommendations on using these blackworms over any other food,..I can only tell you what I do here.... I feed a diverse diet here and have incorporated these into my fishes diet.. I have phased out feeding frozen blood worms here and feed these freeze dried blackworms instead...reason being ... 1) I think the nutritional profile is better 2) I am not allergic to them as I am with blood worms. 3)easy storage...no freezer space needed 4) I hate paying for water.:)

If you are thinking about it to try...best I can suggest is give a 10 gram bag a try.. you know what they say..seeing is believing.:D

Hth,
al

YSS
05-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks, Al. I think you answered all my questions to satisfaction. :) I have no doubt that the discus will love the blackworms. I am going to order one 200g bag as a starter. You mentioned another advantage of FDBW that I didnt' even think of: not taking up freezer space. :D That will make my wife happier. One last question. Do you feed your fish FDBW everyday as part of mixed diet or not as often? Thanks, again.

brewmaster15
05-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Glad to help.:)

One last question. Do you feed your fish FDBW everyday as part of mixed diet or not as often? Thanks, again. Every day but not at the same time..

One feeding of each kind of food at a time.

Just so you know.. I'm running low on some Inventory items right now and have them in transit to me and should get them soon.... However I do have one bag each of 200 grams loose , 100 gram loose, 100 gram cube..... order thru the shopping cart

and I can fill at least 2 orders of 200 grams cubed from my bulk if some one needs them bad..(You'll need to PM me on this one...its not in the shopping cart.)

Other than that I have plenty of 1O gram bags in stock, as well as 50 gram bags both cube and loose...order thru shopping cart.
Hth,
al

YSS
05-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Glad to help.:)

Every day but not at the same time..

One feeding of each kind of food at a time.

Just so you know.. I'm running low on some Inventory items right now and have them in transit to me and should get them soon.... However I do have one bag each of 200 grams loose , 100 gram loose, 100 gram cube..... order thru the shopping cart

and I can fill at least 2 orders of 200 grams cubed from my bulk if some one needs them bad..(You'll need to PM me on this one...its not in the shopping cart.)

Other than that I have plenty of 1O gram bags in stock, as well as 50 gram bags both cube and loose...order thru shopping cart.
Hth,
al

I didn't see your post before I placed an order. Just placed an order for one bag of 200g. I tried to get two bags, but couldn't. Now, I know why. Looking forward to the worms! :)

Eddie
05-11-2010, 08:57 AM
ROTFLMAO!! So funny Al...guess those subliminal hints worked! :D

Take care,

Eddie

MalcolmC
05-11-2010, 09:01 AM
They're on their way, Al should be there very soon.

brewmaster15
05-11-2010, 09:18 AM
ROTFLMAO!! So funny Al...guess those subliminal hints worked! :D

Take care,

Eddie

I figure it works for Coke and pepsi...why not?lol:)

They're on their way, Al should be there very soon.
Excellent!!
Thanks for the update Mal!:)

thanks everyone.

-al

brewmaster15
05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Some inventory changes... order these from aquaticsuppliers.com website..

10 grams loose and cubed...plenty
50 grams loose and cubed plenty
100 gram loose and cubed 1 each
200 gram loose 1 each

also...
200 gram cubed from bulk.. 1 each pm or email if interested.

and more on the way!

-al

brewmaster15
05-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi Everyone!

Great News ...I've received my new shipment of Australian Blackworms from Mal and they are all inventoried and the storefront has been updated...

Please place your orders through the shopping cart at

Aquaticsuppliers.com (http://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/Freeze-dried-foods_c2.htm)

Those of you that have made previous arrangements with me and have been patiently waiting...Your orders will go out today.

Thanks everyone!

Best Regards,
Al

barrowkwan
05-23-2010, 02:58 AM
Hi,
I want to know how much I should feed, say if I feed 3 little cube of the Hikari 3.5oz frozen Blood worms , do I also feed 3 cube of this Freeze Dried blackworms or less ( consider some of the discussion in this post said the frozen blood worms composite lot of water, so I will assume for the Freeze Dried Blackworm, I will feed my fish with less quantity )

thanks

brewmaster15
05-23-2010, 08:08 AM
How many Discus and what sizes are they?

-al
Hi,
I want to know how much I should feed, say if I feed 3 little cube of the Hikari 3.5oz frozen Blood worms , do I also feed 3 cube of this Freeze Dried blackworms or less ( consider some of the discussion in this post said the frozen blood worms composite lot of water, so I will assume for the Freeze Dried Blackworm, I will feed my fish with less quantity )

thanks

barrowkwan
05-24-2010, 12:55 AM
I just want to know as a comparison how much to feed compare to Frozen Bloodworm. That will help me to find out how much ($$$) I will need to spend if I start and continue to feed FDBW.

Do people use feeding cone? if people just dump it into the tank, will they float on the water surface?

thanks

How many Discus and what sizes are they?

-al

brewmaster15
05-24-2010, 08:07 AM
I just want to know as a comparison how much to feed compare to Frozen Bloodworm. That will help me to find out how much ($$$) I will need to spend if I start and continue to feed FDBW.

Do people use feeding cone? if people just dump it into the tank, will they float on the water surface?

thanks
Not trying to avoid giving you an answer here but I really can't make a comparison for you like that in good conscious. I'm sorry. I have no idea if the 3 squares of frozen blood Worms you are feeding is even a good amount for the number and sizes of your fish without knowing more about the fish.... Additionally not all frozen Blood worms are the same.... Different mfg's bloodworms are processed differently and are even different sizes and species...Its like comparing apples to oranges.

What I can tell you is when you buy frozen bloodworms a large degree of the weight is water and you buy these based on that wet weight., Also the size is expanded by that water... Freeze drying removes those factors. It takes roughly 80 grams of Live Blackworms to make 10 grams of freeze dried ones....I would guess The factor from frozen bloodworms to freeze dried would be similar,But they are packed in water too...can't really comment more there except to say if you took a 1 lb flat of Frozen bloodworm and freeze dried it...it would be very very much lighter and take up far less volume!:)

I can also tell you that many do just throw them into the tank...myself included...They may float initially, but that doesn't stop my fishes feasting..others use a worm cone or some other contraption and swear by it..

Hth,
Al

barrowkwan
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
I guess the best way to find out is to give it a try and figure how much to feed :) I will place another now

thanks Al

Not trying to avoid giving you an answer here but I really can't make a comparison for you like that in good conscious. I'm sorry. I have no idea if the 3 squares of frozen blood Worms you are feeding is even a good amount for the number and sizes of your fish without knowing more about the fish.... Additionally not all frozen Blood worms are the same.... Different mfg's bloodworms are processed differently and are even different sizes and species...Its like comparing apples to oranges.

What I can tell you is when you buy frozen bloodworms a large degree of the weight is water and you buy these based on that wet weight., Also the size is expanded by that water... Freeze drying removes those factors. It takes roughly 80 grams of Live Blackworms to make 10 grams of freeze dried ones....I would guess The factor from frozen bloodworms to freeze dried would be similar,But they are packed in water too...can't really comment more there except to say if you took a 1 lb flat of Frozen bloodworm and freeze dried it...it would be very very much lighter and take up far less volume!:)

I can also tell you that many do just throw them into the tank...myself included...They may float initially, but that doesn't stop my fishes feasting..others use a worm cone or some other contraption and swear by it..

Hth,
Al

brewmaster15
05-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I guess the best way to find out is to give it a try and figure how much to feed :) I will place another now

thanks Al
Great let me know how they like them!:)

Take care!!

-al

j_li8
06-05-2010, 12:57 AM
just placed an order. will be looking foward to feeding them

brewmaster15
06-05-2010, 11:59 AM
just placed an order. will be looking foward to feeding them
Thanks Joe!

Those are on the way to you now.

-al

j_li8
06-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks Al. I just got them as i got off of work and will be feeding them to everyone shortly.

blazingnate
04-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Just ordered 500 grams of these, I've got 7 hungry juveniles who are looking forward to them. any idea of when they will be back in stock?

brewmaster15
04-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Just ordered 500 grams of these, I've got 7 hungry juveniles who are looking forward to them. any idea of when they will be back in stock?

Thank you! Those will actually ship tomorrow.:)

Best always,
Al

blazingnate
04-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Thank you! Those will actually ship tomorrow.:)

Best always,
Al

Awesome! These are my first discus and I just got them in yesterday and so far they love the blackworms I've given them, I just don't have very many. Great prices too.

cooper666
08-18-2019, 08:37 PM
I've just started using Australian dried black worms and I am well impressed. I have never had a dried food that my fish will take in preference to hikari frozen blood worms, untill now. My fish love these things.

Mando
09-16-2019, 10:26 AM
Al,

Disregard. I found them. As usual, I wait for last minute to buy. :cry:

dfwfishguy
11-24-2019, 09:00 AM
Al,

When will Blackworms will be available in stock?

Second Hand Pat
11-24-2019, 09:32 AM
Al,

When will Blackworms will be available in stock?

I would suggest going to Al's store and seeing if what you want is currently in stock https://www.aquaticsuppliers.com/category.sc?categoryId=2. I just checked and what I normally order is on stock.
Pat

AquaticNerd
11-24-2019, 10:56 AM
Concur what Pat said there - I ordered some about 11 days ago and they shipped nearly next day and I had them in my possession within 3-4 days :)

btrast18
12-11-2023, 03:08 PM
Placed an order on Friday and it was shipped out the same day. Thank you for the fast shipment!!!

brewmaster15
12-11-2023, 03:53 PM
Placed an order on Friday and it was shipped out the same day. Thank you for the fast shipment!!!

My Pleasure! I do try and ship daily.Its important to me that I get your orders to you as quickly as I can.I'm a one man show so it doesn't always go as planned but thats rare, Thanks for your order! Please let me know if you have any questions when you receive it.

Thanks Again!

al

jwcarlson
12-11-2023, 05:31 PM

Al always ships so fast that I'm almost positive he actually lives at a post office. :D

snakeman40
01-11-2024, 09:29 PM
Ordered on 1/7/24 and received the worms today 1/11/24! Also got a nice personal email from Al (owner) who offered up advice and help with anything I might need. The worms were loved by me and my discus! I generally buy from a national dealer who is about a half hour drive from me. The blackworms I get from him are TWICE the price and the quality isn't as good as Al's product. They stick better to my glass. My fish rip off the previous cubes I used within 5-10 seconds. These actually stay on the glass until the end. Now everyone gets a fair share at them instead of the more aggressive feeders getting a big chunk and swimming away with it. Great product, great service, absolutely great price!!

brewmaster15
01-12-2024, 05:31 AM
Al always ships so fast that I'm almost positive he actually lives at a post office. :D
Lol..Thank you Jacob!

Ordered on 1/7/24 and received the worms today 1/11/24! Also got a nice personal email from Al (owner) who offered up advice and help with anything I might need. The worms were loved by me and my discus! I generally buy from a national dealer who is about a half hour drive from me. The blackworms I get from him are TWICE the price and the quality isn't as good as Al's product. They stick better to my glass. My fish rip off the previous cubes I used within 5-10 seconds. These actually stay on the glass until the end. Now everyone gets a fair share at them instead of the more aggressive feeders getting a big chunk and swimming away with it. Great product, great service, absolutely great price!!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you and your fish are happy!

Al