PDA

View Full Version : Week 37, Water Change 32.... I think...

Chad Hughes
02-03-2010, 11:34 PM
I'd like to fist say that I am sorry for not staying on top of updates. I won't make any excuses, but my time has not been my own for the past couple of months. To all of you that have been very regular with your updates, WELL DONE!

So, the fish....

No huge changes to report. I did pull the daddy of the group to get a measurement tonight and was disappointed to observe that my 6" caliper was malfunctioning. When I spread it all the way open, the readings were way off. It's digital and I think the battery is dead. Anyway, With the caliper open 100%, the fish barely fits, so I'd fare a guess at 6" +. LOL! Until I get that fixed, no measurements.

The fish are doing great, even with my crappy schedule. As you can see, a few of the weekly water changes slipped and I am about 5 behind. To date, these guys haven't skiped a beat. Still pigs, still fat, still happy. Their feedings also declined to twice daily. Both feedings are beefheart. Their patterns are a bit more pronounced now and most of the patterns are consistent throughout all six fish.

Anyway, took some shots tonight! Enjoy!

Best wishes!

Chad Hughes
02-03-2010, 11:35 PM
A few more.....

Chad Hughes
02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
And a few more....

Chad Hughes
02-03-2010, 11:36 PM
And the last.... Have a great weekend!

Disgirl
02-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Really beautiful discus Chad! And the plants don't look bad either:D!
Barb:)

wadewc
02-03-2010, 11:57 PM
They look great, Chad. Like your tank.

Wade

rickztahone
02-04-2010, 02:55 AM
And a few more....

i know everyone likes striations but i must say i really like the solid base of the first discus in post 3

Scribbles
02-04-2010, 03:48 AM
i know everyone likes striations but i must say i really like the solid base of the first discus in post 3

I was just thinking the same thing. That is my favorite one too. They all look amazing Chad and your tank is always gorgeous.

Chris

kirkp
02-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Nicely done Chad. You're doing a great job with those discus.

Kirk

acroken
02-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Chad,
Really looking good. That tank is beautiful. Love the color of them. Very nice Chad!

Kenny

Harriett
02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Chad,
WELL DONE. They are stunning. Just gorgeous. I am mesmerized. Enough? OK.....yeah.
H

wgtaylor
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Always great to see your updates Chad. The pictures of those discus swimming through the plants is like viewing a bit of nature.
I like all the spots in the second picture in post two but they all look great, well done. :)
Bill

David Rose
02-04-2010, 02:35 PM
They do look fat, but happy...I'm not so sure. I thought I saw one holding a milk carton with your "Missing" photo on it. :D I think it even had a facial grimace on him :D

Looking good Chad! Hope things settle down for you soon!

Chad Hughes
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Really beautiful discus Chad! And the plants don't look bad either:D!
Barb:)

Thanks so much Barb!

They look great, Chad. Like your tank.

Wade

Thanks Wade! I appreciate the compliments!

Thanks Rick! That one is one of my favorites as well!

I was just thinking the same thing. That is my favorite one too. They all look amazing Chad and your tank is always gorgeous.

Chris

Thank you Chris! Always nice to hear your praise!

Nicely done Chad. You're doing a great job with those discus.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk! Your's are incredible!

Chad,
Really looking good. That tank is beautiful. Love the color of them. Very nice Chad!

Kenny

Thanks Kenny! I see yours have some amazing colors as well! Great work!

Chad,
WELL DONE. They are stunning. Just gorgeous. I am mesmerized. Enough? OK.....yeah.
H

Harriett!

Thank you for the kind words! Always good to hear your opinion!

Always great to see your updates Chad. The pictures of those discus swimming through the plants is like viewing a bit of nature.
I like all the spots in the second picture in post two but they all look great, well done. :)
Bill

Thank you Bill! You know me and my planted tanks! I love em! LOL! Youare doing a fantastic job with yours as well. I need to work on my camera skills some more though! LOL!

They do look fat, but happy...I'm not so sure. I thought I saw one holding a milk carton with your "Missing" photo on it. :D I think it even had a facial grimace on him :D

Looking good Chad! Hope things settle down for you soon!

David,

FUNNY! LOL! Thanks so much. Things are getting back to normal for now. Holidays seem to have that affect on things I guess. Thanks again for the kind words!

fishyj
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Chad, your doing a great job with these fish! I love the way the tank looks. Love all the pictures with the fish in between the plants. Could you take a picture of the entire tank?

DavidC
02-07-2010, 05:15 PM
still looking good, any recent spawn attempts?

Yassmeena
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Chad - looks amazing!!!!!!

They just look so great in there!

Nice work!

Yasmin

Arkangel77
02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Chad its bin a long time - I wanted to echo the coments of all the others who have posted. Incredable Tank and Amazing fish!!!!!!!!!!!! I just dont know how you do it man?

Arkangel77

Chad Hughes
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Chad, your doing a great job with these fish! I love the way the tank looks. Love all the pictures with the fish in between the plants. Could you take a picture of the entire tank?

Thanks Jim!

Sure, next update I'll take a tank shot.

still looking good, any recent spawn attempts?

Spawining has sort of dwindled. I think it may have been due to tapering back water changes over the holidays. The pair stays close together in "their corner" though. I'm back to once a week water changes in this tank now, so I think I'll see pawns pick up as well.

Chad - looks amazing!!!!!!

They just look so great in there!

Nice work!

Yasmin

Thanks Yasmin! I really appreciate your kind words!

Chad its bin a long time - I wanted to echo the coments of all the others who have posted. Incredable Tank and Amazing fish!!!!!!!!!!!! I just dont know how you do it man?

Arkangel77

Ark,

Yeah, it has been a while. Sorry about that!

No tricks man... you know my methods. Looks like you're doing pretty good yourself! :)

Best wishes!

TankWatcher
03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
i know everyone likes striations but i must say i really like the solid base of the first discus in post 3i think you're right. That solid one is so regal looking.

Chad, love your work !

ockyra215
03-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Looking good Chad they look very healthy!!!!!:bandana:

Chad Hughes
03-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks Dave!

I'll update again this evening!

Best wishes!