PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Filter -Help !

alpine
02-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I modified my Hydro IIIs , no tube , no extension and stand . Cap them with a cap like they use on their PreFilters . I put them up about five inches from bottom of barebottom tanks for ease of maintenance. I added a decorative stone at the bottom to weight it down but is not enough weight .
Any recommendations for something small and heavy to use as weight that fits in the cage ? It has to be small since I have airstones . I do not want to use steel or something that might seep anything harmful into the tank.
Thanks,
Roberto.

jeff@zina.com
02-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Suction cups? Stainless steel ball bearings?

Jeff

Eddie
02-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Marbles

Eddie

alpine
02-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks. The marbles do not have enough weight , suction cups are out of the question for me , do not want any in the heaters or filters and the stainless I am afraid of the metals in it , some stainless coming to our country nowdays have very dubious contents .
Anything safe and small thet carries lots of weight in a small size ??
Thanksfo the posts,

Roberto.

Eddie
02-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry Roberto, can't think of anything else. I figured suction cups would do the trick too. :(

Eddie

clairel
02-13-2010, 07:57 PM
how about those weights fishermen use? There are all shapes and sizes. I don't know about fish compatibility though because i think they are made of lead.

jeff@zina.com
02-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Plant weights would work, they're no longer lead and are now inert. Though it would get expensive to use enough. How about small containers or bags of plain sand?

Jeff