nice heckel, very good shape.
BTW, I hope u r Chinese, otherwise the user name is rather offensive

alan j t
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM
maybe he sells chiina plates?

Apistomaster
02-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Those are nice looking Heckels.
I tried making soe similar spawning slates using cut ceramic floor tiles assembled as "A" frames with a connecting base. Why I stopped using them is because panicked Discus often scrape their sides on them and Heckels are perhaps the quickest of the species to panic.
Very optimistic to be providing them with potential spawning sites. Good luck to you.

Kevin22
02-21-2010, 03:26 AM
lol, in that case, it's ok too.

maybe he sells chiina plates?

rickztahone
02-21-2010, 03:29 AM
how is that thermometer laying on the floor? aren't they suppose to be buoyant?

Eddie
02-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Gorgeous Heckels Chinaman! Hows that one pair doing, the Leopard and Heckel. Any updates in their spawn?

Take care friend,

Eddie

Chinaman
02-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Those are nice looking Heckels.
I tried making soe similar spawning slates using cut ceramic floor tiles assembled as "A" frames with a connecting base. Why I stopped using them is because panicked Discus often scrape their sides on them and Heckels are perhaps the quickest of the species to panic.
Very optimistic to be providing them with potential spawning sites. Good luck to you.

Larry,

they are not cut tiles, just got the one that is 4" wide. They are in there because i never took them out having sold all my discus about 6 months ago.

i have created a semi safe corner for them retreat by covering the left side and left front with wall paper. This seem to reduce the panick dash.

how is that thermometer laying on the floor? aren't they suppose to be buoyant?

no, these sink! again didn't get round to sticking it by on.

Gorgeous Heckels Chinaman! Hows that one pair doing, the Leopard and Heckel. Any updates in their spawn?

Take care friend,

Eddie

Eddie,
I sold them about 6 months ago cause i was planning to shut down the fish house. But didin't managed to get rid of all the plecs. In the end I saw these heckels few weeks ago at very good price, couldn't resist... the only regret is I should of got a few more!!!

I might look for a red or brown female in a few months time.

cheers

Chinaman
04-13-2010, 02:37 PM
got four of these last week, they seems to be alot more friendly. but not sure what they will be like once i mix them with the others

Eddie
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Wow, they are beautiful! Can't wait to see them once they settle in.

Take care,

Eddie

ockyra215
04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Gorgous Heckles chinaman !!:D

erikc
04-15-2010, 04:16 AM
Nice group you have there. I like them a lot ! Good luck on the pairing.