PDA

View Full Version : Going Wild.... (My two Heckels)

David Rose
02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Introducing my two Heckels originally from Hans.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac51/dlr1961_photos/20100123165.jpg

William Palumbo
02-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Looking good David! Very nice. You just need more!...Bill

David Rose
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I've had these guys for awhile. They do have company now with my four Ica Reds, but now seeing their spunkiness...I want more once I get the 125G up and running :)

William Palumbo
02-21-2010, 09:05 PM
They are nice David. I am glad Hans sells them. I miss my Heckles, but I am hoping for some again maybe this summer. They do grow on you...Bill

Eddie
02-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice looking heckels David, got any shots of the Ica Reds?

Eddie

David Rose
02-21-2010, 10:08 PM
They are nice David. I am glad Hans sells them. I miss my Heckles, but I am hoping for some again maybe this summer. They do grow on you...Bill

Thanks Bill...I do like them and they have settled in nicely.

David Rose
02-21-2010, 10:09 PM

Eddie

Not any recent ones, but it is time to get some updates. I'll post in them in the next couple of days. :)

TankWatcher
02-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Nice Heckels, David. Pls do get that camera out - definitely time for an update of the Ica Reds

Disgirl
02-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Good looking Heckles David! Look forward to seeing that 125 one of these days. Will it be just a wild tank? Best of health with them!
Barb:)

erikc
02-22-2010, 04:41 AM
Thsoe are two very sweet looking heckelsd, full of potential. Maybe an interesting cross up ahead ?

David Rose
02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Nice Heckels, David. Pls do get that camera out - definitely time for an update of the Ica Reds

Hey Robyn...hope you are well! I've been snapping shots all morning, so I'll get them posted after a few morning appointments. I'll post a link in this thread later.

Take care!
David

David Rose
02-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Good looking Heckles David! Look forward to seeing that 125 one of these days. Will it be just a wild tank? Best of health with them!
Barb:)

Hi Barb,

I'm leaning towards making the 125G a "wild" tank. I'm thinking of selling my 75G given 5 tanks would be a bit much to keep up with for me, but we'll see. I listed it on Craigslist over the weekend.

I need to get moving on the 125G. I only have some small scratches remaining I want to buff out of the glass. Some were better after Turtlewax heavy duty rubbing compound, but I'm a perfectionist. So I now maybe going to try a 1500/3000 diamond grit disk or I just received some various grit powders over the weekend used for polishing rocks, metals, and glass. They are rated from course to pre-polish pumice just before the final rouge high gloss powder that you mix with water into a paste.

The powders seem very promising, but the trick will be the right tool to apply them..grinder hook and loop, drill sander disk, or other foam/felt disk. I'm going to test them this week.

On the side, I have a design for building the stand and canopy, so I need to pick up some supplies from Home Depot to get started with that. If I sell the 75G, I will need to move quickly.

I also have my two "Yellow Siam Master" pigeon bloods for sale locally and some of my fry.

Lot's going on!

Take care,
David

David Rose
02-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Thsoe are two very sweet looking heckelsd, full of potential. Maybe an interesting cross up ahead ?

Thanks... I am considering crossing them with the Ica Reds to get that dominant 5th bar, but I'm also considering getting some breeding quality San Merah or RGDs if I want to take on this project. We'll see! :D

David Rose
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Here you go....

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=77495

Eddie

Scribbles
02-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Beautiful Heckels David! They will look awesome with the Ica Reds.

Chris

David Rose
02-24-2010, 08:45 AM
I'll have to get some full tank shots to post.