PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Biotope

plymbloke
02-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Hello all, not a discus biotope i know but still thought id share the latest version of my Cardinal tetra biotope tank.

It's only 60 litres, and as it stands at the moment is missing a layer of silver sand (although i kind of like the way the sand is now), leaves and some more water - tank only 60% full at the moment. pH is at 5 and the water is peat filtered rain water kept at 28degrees.

http://www.clark82.co.uk/Images/cardinal_biotope.jpg

The tank is unpopulated at the moment apart from a base layer of play sand, red and green cabomba and wood, but i am planning to stock with:

- 18 cardinals
- 4 otos
- 8 Rummy nose

I also want to add one, some or all of the following - what are peoples thoughts on stocking?:
- 1 pair A.iniridae
- 4 marbled hatchetts
- pencil fish

I think i will be over stocked if i had all of them, but could probably get away with either the apistos or the hatchets.

Thanks everyone - let me know what you think.

Chris

plecocicho
02-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Very very nice biotop aquarium. You are right, the whole fish list would leed to an overstocked aquarium. I would go with a school of cardinals, ottos and maybe the smallest apistogramma species.

plymbloke
02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks for your reply :) I will be doing the same to my 100ltr tank when this one is done - it just needs a really good tidy up in there. I must admit i do really want the apisto. so i think i probably will do as you suggest. The filter is meant for a 150ltr tank, so it should be able to cope with cardinals, apistos and the otos.

Chris