PDA

View Full Version : Just a Suggestion

Steven Turitz
02-26-2010, 06:36 PM
I have a suggestion.
For the technologically challenged older generation (50's Baby Boomer), like myself, that are hopelessly addicted to "Discus" and "SimplyDiscus" how about having a feature like "Favorites Center" and "Add to Favorites" like Internet Explorer has to help us get back to our favorite "Posts & Threads".
I have visited so many phenominal "Posts & Threads" that are so informative and interesting that I sometimes have difficulty finding and getting back to them to reread and refresh my aging memory.
Steve

Larry Bugg
02-26-2010, 07:10 PM
I have a suggestion.
For the technologically challenged older generation (50's Baby Boomer), like myself, that are hopelessly addicted to "Discus" and "SimplyDiscus" how about having a feature like "Favorites Center" and "Add to Favorites" like Internet Explorer has to help us get back to our favorite "Posts & Threads".
I have visited so many phenominal "Posts & Threads" that are so informative and interesting that I sometimes have difficulty finding and getting back to them to reread and refresh my aging memory.
Steve

Top right of the post you will see thread tools. Click on it and subscribe to the thread. Then anytime there is a new post to that thread you can go to your User CP and it will be there. From your User CP you can also look at all subscribed threads.

rickztahone
02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Top right of the post you will see thread tools. Click on it and subscribe to the thread. Then anytime there is a new post to that thread you can go to your User CP and it will be there. From your User CP you can also look at all subscribed threads.

+1. Let us know if you have difficulty finding it

Steven Turitz
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks "Bugman" and Ricardo
It is wonderful being involved in a "Dedicated Community" so welcoming of new members and so willing to share and help.
Steve

Steven Turitz
03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi All
Is it possible to save and subscribe to a whole "Forum" like "Livestock and Product Reviews" and all the underlying threads just as you can subscribe to a single thread?
Steve

yim11
03-13-2010, 11:37 AM
It is, do it the same way you subscribe to a thread, except be at that the main forum link/view and your option will say "Subscribe to Forum" as opposed to subscribe to Thread.

HTHs,
-jim

Steven Turitz
03-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Thank you. I did it but I'm having trouble getting back to all my listed "Forums" after I've subscribed to them.

yim11
03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Click the 'User CP' link at the top left on the blue bar. You should see all new subscribed forums/threads plus an option to view all subscribed.

HTHs,
-jim

Steven Turitz
04-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Thank you Jim
I seem to be learning how to use this software from you.

How would I respond to a 'Post" and quote what someone said in their post?

Thanks
Steve

yim11
04-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Look in the lower right side of the message you want to quote, should be a icon/image that says "Quote", just click on that and it will start the reply w/the quote.

HTHs,
-jim

Steven Turitz
04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
What if I want to quote a sentence of the post, not the entire post

yim11
04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
What if I want to quote a sentence of the post, not the entire post

The way I do it (there may be a better way) is to quote the whole post, then just remove anything between the "{QUOTE=Steven Turitz;631456}" and "{/QUOTE}" that I don't want.

{=[ and }=] above

Clear as mud?

Larry Bugg
04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Or you can hit reply. Copy and paste what you want to quote into your reply box. Up above the reply box are tools. Fonts, bold ect. Right under the right curved arrow is the quote tool. Highlight what you pasted and hit the quote tool. It will put it in quotes. This way you can do individual quotes and post inbetween. This also means you can copy and paste from different peoples responses. If you scroll down you will see that all responses on that page are below you response box.

yim11
04-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I knew there had to be a better way! Thanks Bugman!!

Steven Turitz
04-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Or you can hit reply

Hi Bugman
I'm testing the process.

Copy and paste what you want to quote into your reply box.
Still testing

Right under the right curved arrow is the quote tool. Highlight what you pasted and hit the quote tool. It will put it in quotes. This way you can do individual quotes and post inbetween
Still testing

This also means you can copy and paste from different peoples responses.

If you scroll down you will see that all responses on that page are below you response box.
Done testing. Did a Preview and I think it worked.
Thank you so very much. I think I've got it thanks to you and Jim !!!!
Steve

yim11
04-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Test passed!

:D

Larry Bugg
04-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Test passed! :D

No problem. If you ever go to other forums you will find that it is pretty much the same on all of them also.

rickztahone
04-02-2010, 11:40 PM
while i do agree that the way Bugman suggested is an alternate on how to quote, i do like to include the person's name from which i'm quoting. if you look to the right of the quote icon you can push that icon and then go down to another reply and also click that same icon and keep doing that to quote all those people. just remember that the last one in the series of quotes you will have to hit the actual "quote" icon to send you to the input text box where all the selected quoted people will be. i hope i didn't further confuse you.

rickztahone
04-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Test passed!

:D

No problem. If you ever go to other forums you will find that it is pretty much the same on all of them also.

here's an example

Larry Bugg
04-02-2010, 11:51 PM
while i do agree that the way Bugman suggested is an alternate on how to quote, i do like to include the person's name from which i'm quoting. if you look to the right of the quote icon you can push that icon and then go down to another reply and also click that same icon and keep doing that to quote all those people. just remember that the last one in the series of quotes you will have to hit the actual "quote" icon to send you to the input text box where all the selected quoted people will be. i hope i didn't further confuse you.

here's an example

Well I'll be. That's how you do that, lol.

rickztahone
04-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Well I'll be. That's how you do that, lol.

;)