PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Canister Filter Installation - Problems

gwrace
03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Just wondered if you all install your canister filters in any kind of water overflow container (bucket). We just had one of our Eheim 2026 filters spring a nice leak that has really warped out our wood aquarium stand.

Cause of the problem turned out to be a cracked intake outtake plastic piece on the top of the filter. We called Eheim and they are shipping us a replacement part. Good service from the company but I'm not liking the water damage. I'm glad my wife was at home at the time or the damage could have been much worse to fish and home.

mmorris
03-03-2010, 05:02 PM
I have four Eheims and they've been really pretty good. My outtake piece on the top of one of the canister cracked once. It broke off when I was investigating the tiny drip and had moved the canister to the sink. I had to buy a new cover. I think the Eheims are about as good as it gets.

gwrace
03-04-2010, 12:39 PM
We've had good service from our Eheim products as well other than this one incident. I've decided to try a Rena XP3 on the new 75 we are in the process of installing. Foster and Smith had it on sale for $109.99. A price to good to pass up. I paid more than twice that for the Eheim.

DonMD
03-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I have an Eheim 2028 and a Fluval 304 on my 125 gallon tank, each one in it's own little plastic tub inside the stand. I did have one occasion when the Eheim leaked (my fault - loose connector) and the tub was BRIMMING FULL, but with just a few cups of water spilled. THAT TUB SAVED THE DAY FOR ME:):)