PDA

View Full Version : What is happening Thur eve/Fri morning

Larry Bugg
03-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Do we know yet what is happening the evening of Thurs 6/10 or Fri morning 6/11? I have about decided to come to the convention but I still have to decide if I would come Thur afternoon or Friday morning. Just curious if there is much planned for Thur night or early Fri morning that I would miss if I flew out Friday morning.

John_Nicholson
03-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Most of Thursday will be setting up the showroom. Friday will be used to get the fish that have arrived in the tanks. Friday evening will begin the talks...of course I heard that the first guy kind of sucks......

-john

Larry Bugg
03-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Most of Thursday will be setting up the showroom. Friday will be used to get the fish that have arrived in the tanks. Friday evening will begin the talks...of course I heard that the first guy kind of sucks......

-john

Dang, and I was really looking forward to hearing him. Thought maybe Friday was a tour of his new fishroom.

So that means arriving Friday morning/afternoon I wouldn't miss much. I could get one last big water change in on all the tanks Thursday night and all my wife would have to do while I am gone is feeding. She would appreciate that!!

John_Nicholson
03-10-2010, 09:23 PM
I am sure that at least some of us will make it to the fish house on Thursday or Friday but we really won't be on a time frame....as far as water chances you need to just bring the fish to the show and make it easy on your sweet wife....

-john

Larry Bugg
03-10-2010, 10:35 PM
I am sure that at least some of us will make it to the fish house on Thursday or Friday but we really won't be on a time frame....as far as water chances you need to just bring the fish to the show and make it easy on your sweet wife....

-john

LOL, I'm not big time like you guys but I do have about 50, can't bring them all. She will have feeding to do.

So thinking ahead. Even if I don't bring any fish to show, I might want to buy some. I have never shipped before. Can I bag, box and put them in a suitcase. Can I use Delta Dash or one of the other airline shippers? Is there someone from the convention that would ship peoples fish for them Monday since I would be flying out on Sunday.

yim11
03-10-2010, 10:44 PM
LOL, I'm not big time like you guys but I do have about 50, can't bring them all. She will have feeding to do.

So thinking ahead. Even if I don't bring any fish to show, I might want to buy some. I have never shipped before. Can I bag, box and put them in a suitcase. Can I use Delta Dash or one of the other airline shippers? Is there someone from the convention that would ship peoples fish for them Monday since I would be flying out on Sunday.

I'm willing to bet that in that batch of 50 you have a winner!!! Odds alone back me up. :p Only 1 way to find out!

As far as getting fish out, I couldn't believe how many suitcases had live fish in them leaving Cincinnati after ACA09, I know at least 1 had discus, so you have a potential option there. It's my understanding that to ship w/airlines you need to be registered in some manner, not sure if a box as luggage would be ok. No matter what I would highly recommend calling whatever airline you fly with to see what they tell you, and get the persons name and contact info just in case.

HTHs,
-jim

Chad Adams
03-10-2010, 10:54 PM

I'll bring your fish back Larry, & yes you'll get them.
Chad

Larry Bugg
03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I'll bring your fish back Larry, & yes you'll get them.
Chad

Are you driving?

John_Nicholson
03-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Here is a link to an article I wrote several years ago on shipping fish. It was aimed at hobbyist breeders that were shipping small fish but most of it will still apply here.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=68454

If you are booked on a flight you should be able to contact the airlines and make arrangements to fly the fish back on the same flight you are taking. Every airlines will vary, but talk to them ahead of time and keep the phone number, name, date, and time of the person you talked to with you.

-john

Larry Bugg
03-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks John.

I'm all set. Flight reserved - skymiles. Hotel room reserved and convention/banquet purchased.

John_Nicholson
03-11-2010, 12:53 PM
You da MAN!

Chad Adams
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Are you driving?

Yes, I'm driving.
Chad