PDA

View Full Version : Please Help...

spyder329
03-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I am feeding my discus 3 times a day but I can not get them to eat anything other than Hikari frozen bloodworms. I try feeding them Mysis Shrimp, and I have some San Fransico Bay Beefheart. I have tried New Life Spectrum pellets also and they will not eat it.

How can I get my discus to eat something other than Bloodworms?

I want to order some Kens Beefheart flake and some Kens super brine shrimp but am worried they will not eat it. I need to get them on dry food as we are going away for a week in May and want to put the food in a feeder.

Any suggestions for finicky eaters?

m.ingram
03-10-2010, 09:14 PM
I would stop feeding them the fbw for a few days and only give them small amounts of the other foods . They will get hungry and eat the other foods.

mmorris
03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
You could mix the bloodworms with the other food you are trying to get them to eat, reducing the amount of bloodworms over time. If they are juvies, I don't like to see them starve for any length of time.

lkc
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
They're pushing your buttons. I asked Hans because I was having the same problem. He said, fish will eat what you give them - You da boss. Just give them some time to get hungry enough and they will eat whatever you toss in.