PDA

View Full Version : Marlboro Red Babies For Sale

ashaysathe
03-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Hello Fellow Hobbyist

I am begining to start selling my 7 week old babies. Many of them are over 1.5" and are growing very nicely.
I have to start selling for space constraints. I would like to sell them @ $8 a fish with group sales can be adjusted.

Please follow the thread with parents and spawn here below:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?p=624271#post624271

The parents are excellent bright Marlboro Reds from Hans.

I am in Middletown, CT. I have never shipped before so personal delivery will be most preferred scheme

ashaysathe
03-12-2010, 09:08 PM
The babies are primarily eating sea food mix that I made with Shrimp, Cod, Salmon. They eat flakes as well.. as a matter of fact they practically eat anything..
I wonder they might eat rice as well if I give them..

They are so hungry always that they leave the food they eating while I approach the tank

ashaysathe
03-12-2010, 09:09 PM
.. and more ..

William Palumbo
03-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Good luck with the sales Ashay. The fry all look great! They should sell fast. Glad to see you're posting in the "Breeder" section!...Good job!...Bill

DISCUS USA
03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Are the parents related?

MSD
03-12-2010, 11:18 PM
The fry look great Ashay, congrats. You'll have to see how they look in a few months.

ashaysathe
03-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Good luck with the sales Ashay. The fry all look great! They should sell fast. Glad to see you're posting in the "Breeder" section!...Good job!...Bill

Thanks Bill. I am excited that I am selling my own bred fish. The thought in itself makes me feel happy.

The fry look great Ashay, congrats. You'll have to see how they look in a few months.

Thanks MSD.

Are the parents related?

Not sure if I understand the question. They are both Stendkers from Hans thats as far the lineage I can describe.

DISCUS USA
03-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Thanks Bill. I am excited that I am selling my own bred fish. The thought in itself makes me feel happy.

Thanks MSD.

Not sure if I understand the question. They are both Stendkers from Hans thats as far the lineage I can describe.

its ok,,i ll pass but good luck on your sales

Discus-Hans
03-13-2010, 03:04 AM
its ok,,i ll pass but good luck on your sales

How did I know the answer even before the question was asked lol lol

Hans

alan j t
03-13-2010, 04:31 AM

dalejordan
03-13-2010, 12:36 PM
BEAUTIFUL little fish there buddy !!! Good luck in the sales :-)

ashaysathe
03-13-2010, 12:47 PM
BEAUTIFUL little fish there buddy !!! Good luck in the sales :-)

Thanks Dale. I am excited for more reasons than many. Firstly my first spawn ever with Discus. I never had planned to be selling discus babies that I bred myself. This is a huge step personally in the hobby for me.

LGelb
03-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Ashay,

I would like to pick some up from you. Check your PM

Lance

Kenny's Discus
03-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Ashay,

Exciting times isn't it? You're doing a great job raising them and all the best to your sales. Babies look great and strong.

Take care,
Kenny

ockyra215
03-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Ashay how much to ship 10 of them to Philadelphia Pa.VEry nice!

ashaysathe
03-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Ashay,

I would like to pick some up from you. Check your PM

Lance

Hey Lance - Thanks for the interest buddy.
I have left you a message. let me know. Look forward to seeing you .

Ashay,

Exciting times isn't it? You're doing a great job raising them and all the best to your sales. Babies look great and strong.

Take care,
Kenny

Kenny - my friend - whatssssaaaaa !!! Been a while.
This is fun and very satisfying. I am a happy hobbyist so far.

MSD
03-13-2010, 06:45 PM
How did I know the answer even before the question was asked lol lol

Hans

We know the answer to that one Hans, right? Einstein said: the true definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. You think the shoe fits?

mmorris
03-13-2010, 07:10 PM
I've seen these babies and they are adorable, aggressive feeders. The price is much too low, Ashay! :)

azrean
03-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi I am very interested i n a few babies if any are left? I live in RI maybe ship or a meet up?

DerekFF
03-13-2010, 11:36 PM
no pics of the parents or did i miss it?

Discus-Hans
03-14-2010, 12:16 AM
no pics of the parents or did i miss it?

Your future Derek ??????? lol

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=76475

Hans

19ghost79
03-14-2010, 12:18 AM
The babies look fantastic! How much to ship 4 to 89131? I would send a PM but I don't have enough posts yet.

Chef
03-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Pm sent
fry looking good.

Chad Hughes
03-14-2010, 02:36 AM
They're peppered. They seem dirty. Great quantity though!

ssevasta
03-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Will the peppering go away as they mature into their adult colors like their parents?

leo1234
03-14-2010, 10:32 AM
sent you a pm

BrandyK
03-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Will you ship? If you can how much for shipping 6 to 32084? Thanks

ashaysathe
03-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Your future Derek ??????? lol

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=76475

Hans

Hey Buddy Hans - Thanks for the direct.

The babies look fantastic! How much to ship 4 to 89131? I would send a PM but I don't have enough posts yet.

Thanks for the interest buddy, but shipping is something that I am not equipped with at this time. Sorry but sometime later may be as summer comes closer.

Pm sent
fry looking good.

Thanks for the interest. Sent you a reply.

They're peppered. They seem dirty. Great quantity though!

Thanks Chad. May be next time I try Albinos.

Will the peppering go away as they mature into their adult colors like their parents?

I don't know if I any gauranteed means to answer that. The parents are fantastic red fish. We all have to wait and watch.

sent you a pm

Thanks Leo - will see you later today.

Will you ship? If you can how much for shipping 6 to 32084? Thanks

No shipping at this point Pete. May be soon with later spawns

ashaysathe
03-14-2010, 11:18 AM
I've seen these babies and they are adorable, aggressive feeders. The price is much too low, Ashay! :)

Thanks Martha for the encouragement.

Hi I am very interested i n a few babies if any are left? I live in RI maybe ship or a meet up?

I will send you a PM. I have a few that are spoken for. I will check as to what is left with size and let you know.

ashaysathe
03-14-2010, 11:20 AM
THANKS ALL
For all the encouragement and all the kind words and interest. To me as a hobbyist this is a great feeling and makes hobby a great thing

Thanks Again

Ashay

MSD
03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
You did a great job raising them Ashay, you should feel really great about it. Most who ask these question have never had spawns, some can't even raise their store bought fish for a year no less. Now with this experience you'll get even better at it.

Chad Hughes
03-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Ashay,

I didn't mean to sound negative in my post. I guess I was looking for a response from you in regards to the parents and how you think the fry would mature. Anyway, I got a verbal tongue lashing PM from Martha then re-read my post. Lol! My apologies if I may have offended you in any way. Your fry look extremely healthy and are obviously hardy eaters. Well done!

Best wishes!

mmorris
03-14-2010, 12:28 PM
:D

ashaysathe
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
You did a great job raising them Ashay, you should feel really great about it. Most who ask these question have never had spawns, some can't even raise their store bought fish for a year no less. Now with this experience you'll get even better at it.

Thanks MSD. I am very happy with what I have done so far.

Ashay,

I didn't mean to sound negative in my post. I guess I was looking for a response from you in regards to the parents and how you think the fry would mature. Anyway, I got a verbal tongue lashing PM from Martha then re-read my post. Lol! My apologies if I may have offended you in any way. Your fry look extremely healthy and are obviously hardy eaters. Well done!

Best wishes!

Although I will admit that your post did sound a little less positive - No Love lost Chad.
I would say this - these parents are an amazing parents. They have raised fry on their back in time when I was slacking on tank maintenance and that is a gr8 behavior.

:D

Thanks Martha I have always admired you as a person and a friend. I am trying to keep your advice on maintaining a pristine environment.
Thanks very very much Martha.

mmorris
03-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I am trying to keep your advice on maintaining a pristine environment.
Thanks very very much Martha.

You need no advice from me. The fry look great! :)

leo1234
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
just picked up six of them they look very good thank you ashay nice meeting you and good luck with the sale

if i had more tanks would have gotten more

ashaysathe
03-14-2010, 07:21 PM
just picked up six of them they look very good thank you ashay nice meeting you and good luck with the sale

if i had more tanks would have gotten more

Good meeting you Leo. I wish you all the best growing them out. I am curious to see how they grow as much as you do. Good Luck.

LGelb
03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Ashay,

The 10 I picked up Saturday are doing great, eating like crazy and swimming all over the tank. I will get pictures up hopefully tomorrow.

Lance

azrean
03-15-2010, 01:47 AM
I live in providence. I unfortunately cannot pm u back due to lack of posts but i will take 6 if they r still available??

ashaysathe
03-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Ashay,

The 10 I picked up Saturday are doing great, eating like crazy and swimming all over the tank. I will get pictures up hopefully tomorrow.

Lance

Thanks Lance. I am curious how they grow as much as you will be. Keep the photos.
Thanks for the interest buddy

I live in providence. I unfortunately cannot pm u back due to lack of posts but i will take 6 if they r still available??

I hope u can read PMs. I sent you my #. Call me so we can work something out. Thanks for the interest

darkknight87
03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
They look great. I hope sales go good, if you lived closer Id definately grab some.
I have a pair that Im hoping will breed this week..Id love to have my own babies to distribute.

Moon
03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
The babies are primarily eating sea food mix that I made with Shrimp, Cod, Salmon. They eat flakes as well.. as a matter of fact they practically eat anything..

They are so hungry always that they leave the food they eating while I approach the tank

You had better add some chicken curry to the rice. Good luck with the sales.
I just got some from Chad (Sabres)
Joe

subcooler
03-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Ashay,

Congratulations on the spawn! :balloon::balloon::balloon:

It's a sign that your raising happy/healthy fish there-What more could any hobbyist ask for!

Best of luck with your sales.

Peace,
Rob

ashaysathe
03-17-2010, 04:58 PM
You had better add some chicken curry to the rice. Good luck with the sales.
I just got some from Chad (Sabres)
Joe

Thanks Joe,

I am sure these babies will even eat Chicken Tikka Masala

Ashay,

Congratulations on the spawn! :balloon::balloon::balloon:

It's a sign that your raising happy/healthy fish there-What more could any hobbyist ask for!

Best of luck with your sales.

Peace,
Rob

Thanks Rob. Its indeed spicing up the hobby for sure. Never thought I would be doing this. No complains so far.

Eddie
03-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks Joe,

I am sure these babies will even eat Chicken Tikka Masala

Oh yeah Ashay, don't even mention Chicken Tikka Masala! I am having withdrawals from good indian food, after leaving the UK. None here in Okinawa. :(

ashaysathe
03-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh yeah Ashay, don't even mention Chicken Tikka Masala! I am having withdrawals from good indian food, after leaving the UK. None here in Okinawa. :(

Oh yeah.. got to have one tonight.

Larry208
03-19-2010, 08:48 PM

Ashay:
Just wanted to say thank you and it was great to meet you. The babies are at home already and they are swimming like they have been here all the time.:)
It is really neat to see how other hobyists are raising their fish and to pick their brains as to what they do and how the do it. It always seems to come down to good food, clean water. I will keep you posted as to their progress.
thanks again
Larry

ashaysathe
03-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Ashay:
Just wanted to say thank you and it was great to meet you. The babies are at home already and they are swimming like they have been here all the time.:)
It is really neat to see how other hobyists are raising their fish and to pick their brains as to what they do and how the do it. It always seems to come down to good food, clean water. I will keep you posted as to their progress.
thanks again
Larry

Thanks for the kind words Larry. All I can say is - I try.
Somedays are better than other but, my experience tells that this shows a lot more prominently on young fish.
Like we were talking in terms of priority I would rate water changes as the number 1.
Take care Larry and will be in touch.

Thanks

LGelb
03-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Ashay,

Finally have some pictures up. working with an old camera so pictures are not great.

They eat everything, made a new batch of seafood mix last night and they took right to it.

azrean
03-21-2010, 10:58 PM
TYVM shay these lil guys r settling into their temp home I might have to make this seafood mix they ignored my FBW but they will get hungry soon enough.

vartan09
03-22-2010, 12:51 AM
how much to ship to zip code 91364?

leo1234
03-22-2010, 08:01 AM
TYVM shay these lil guys r settling into their temp home I might have to make this seafood mix they ignored my FBW but they will get hungry soon enough.

try tetra bits or flakes mine took tetra bits and flakes right away
then i started to give shaved fbw about three days later they are always
fat and hungry

ashaysathe
03-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Ashay,

Finally have some pictures up. working with an old camera so pictures are not great.

They eat everything, made a new batch of seafood mix last night and they took right to it.

Nice Lance. Very Nice. The little fellas look amazing. Super. I feel so happy.
Thanks for pictures.

I have never given them FBW before.

how much to ship to zip code 91364?

Not shipping buddy. But not giving that excuse for next batch.

try tetra bits or flakes mine took tetra bits and flakes right away
then i started to give shaved fbw about three days later they are always
fat and hungry

Nice Leo. Yes I have tried flakes before but with the age they are in and for max nutritional value I focused on seafood mix and water changes.

acroken
03-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I am happy for you the "Shayness". I am waiting for your book signing, any idea when?:D Babies are all looking great my friend. nice job with them.

Kenny

LGelb
03-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Ashay,

I am feeding them flake, pellet, FBW, FBS, Seafood mix and BH mix. I think I could give them anything and they would be happy.

lance

ashaysathe
03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
I am happy for you the "Shayness". I am waiting for your book signing, any idea when?:D Babies are all looking great my friend. nice job with them.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny.

Ashay,

I am feeding them flake, pellet, FBW, FBS, Seafood mix and BH mix. I think I could give them anything and they would be happy.

lance

Wow Lance. They are in gr8 home.

Larry208
03-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Ashay:

Just wanted to post an update on the babies, they are doing really good and eating BHM very well, along with some shaved frozen blood worms (which I drop in with the BHM and tetra bits. I had gotten some pellets from Ken and will try them soon. Will have pictures up soon and will keep you posted.

Thanks Again
Larry

ashaysathe
03-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Ashay:

Just wanted to post an update on the babies, they are doing really good and eating BHM very well, along with some shaved frozen blood worms (which I drop in with the BHM and tetra bits. I had gotten some pellets from Ken and will try them soon. Will have pictures up soon and will keep you posted.

Thanks Again
Larry

Hey Larry - great job. I am happy the babies are doing good. I do remain interested in seeing how they progress.
Thanks Larry for posting.

ashaysathe
03-27-2010, 12:26 PM
YAHOOOOO..

I AM PROUD TO SAY "I AM SOLD OUT"

This was a great experience for me. Growing fry out is very different, time consuming but very rewarding experience.
Without singling any one out, I am very thankful to all hobbyist who came to my house and bought fry from me. I hope, pray that they grow great.
I am also thankful to all hobbyist who inquired for shipping and I know "not shipping" is not a good excuse but its reality. I will try to correct that and work on my skills of shipping.

Thanks everyone.

Alok
03-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Congratulations Ashay! :) Now breed some of those Lago Solomons that you got from Oliver. I am sure people will drive from Texas to get them :D

Eddie
03-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Thats great Ashay! You definitely got that breeding down to a science in a jiff too! Can't wait to see them Lago Solomon spawns!

All the best,

Eddie

DAS140
03-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Thats great Ashay! You definitely got that breeding down to a science in a jiff too! Can't wait to see them Lago Solomon spawns!

All the best,

Eddie

They are nice, I want some. Too bad you don't ship..

ashaysathe
03-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Congratulations Ashay! :) Now breed some of those Lago Solomons that you got from Oliver. I am sure people will drive from Texas to get them :D

Thanks Alok. Breeding my wilds is indeed my next venture.

All the best,

Eddie

Thanks Eddie. I don't know if I am there yet to call it a science to be repeatable process from my side, but I surely tried. It took me like 3 bags to figure out how to "rubber band" them with 1/3 water and 2/3 air. Shipping will the the next thing. I have quite some time to figure that out but my aim is to not have that excuse next time around, although I may need a 25th hour for it. But challenges are fun and makes something to look forward to.

One thing I have to say though - These Marlboro Reds from Hans turned out to be excellent parents. Man they hold their babies so tight on their bodies. Man.. incredible to watch. Water changes, tuck hands in to clean glasses.. no issues. They have actually spoiled me as a breeder. Thanks to Hans for it and my 8 yr old for picking them.

And so are Lago Solomon. That is my focus and goal. I have 2 tank setup and would like to keep it that way. Limit what I want to do and knowing what I can do with time I have.

They are nice, I want some. Too bad you don't ship..

Thanks DAS140. Next time I will try not to give "No shipping" an excuse.

tonysdiscus
03-30-2010, 12:12 PM
when you are ready to ship please keep me in mind.thanks and great looking parents..love the color and shapes

RJR
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi do you have any Marlboro Red Discus left? Thank you.

Sincerely

Ron

Alok
04-15-2010, 04:17 PM
I believe he just got a new batch of eggs on Easter! :)

RJR
04-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Please let me know if you have any more Marlboro Reds for sale. Thank you.

Sincerely

Ron

dean9922
04-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Boy I sure wished I lived in CT....i would take a dozen from you.....lol