PDA

View Full Version : New clay discus art for your wall!

Disgirl
03-19-2010, 10:09 PM
I have been making and selling clay fish for several years. They have been glazed in many colors. I have several different fish designs. I've just made a clay discus and like it in unglazed clay the best, using my new swirled clay. What do you think of them? They are 3 dimensional, have a hanger attached to the back and come in 2 sizes. 6 1/2" TL and 8 1/2" TL. They are $15 and $18. I think they will look very good on the wall or even a door of a discus hobbyist! They also are weather proof and could be hung outside on a wall or fence or gate, etc.
Barb :)

Disgirl
03-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Here are 2 pics showing the 3 dimensional view of the clay discus.
Barb:)

Alok
03-19-2010, 10:52 PM
I am sure my wife is gonna say "soooo cuutteee" :)

Eddie
03-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Wow Barb, those are really nice! Amazing work you are doing!

All the best!

Eddie

philip69285
03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Those are great... hmmm wonder what glazed would look like... would be very cool in colors I think :P.

diamond_discus
03-20-2010, 01:08 AM
I wonder what will happen if you put that into our breeding tank .. I bet the pair will attack this intruder like crazy .. LOL:D

Scribbles
03-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Those look great Barb! I'm going to have to make some room on my wall.

Chris

bigfish
03-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Hello Barb,
Very nice i like them:), good luck with the venture....Regards Ben.

DonMD
03-20-2010, 08:34 PM
OK, Barb, we've got to see some glazed in BLUE, then in ORANGE, then RED, and how about all the rest ? ? ? :) They look great. How can we get them?

Disgirl
03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Thank you all for your encouraging remarks! I do plan to make some that are all glazed, just need to find the right colors. Nobody wants a dark colored discus, and many of my glazes are too dark. Here are golden, dark pink and dark turquoise clay discus I have made recently. What do you think?

diamond_discus
03-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice creation, Barb .. Love it.

philip69285
03-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Hmmm once you get the coloring down Im totally up for getting a school of these to go above my tank :). Keep it up Barb.

wesleydnunder
03-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Thank you all for your encouraging remarks! I do plan to make some that are all glazed, just need to find the right colors. Nobody wants a dark colored discus, and many of my glazes are too dark. Here are golden, dark pink and dark turquoise clay discus I have made recently. What do you think?

Sexy!

Discus-n00b
03-23-2010, 08:43 PM
These look great! Great way to dress up a fishroom!

Disgirl
03-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Thank you DD, Philip, Mark and Matt! I will be doing some glazed ones soon to show you all. I have a beautiful light turquoise I can hardly wait to try. Look for them soon!

philip69285
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Def let me know when you have new colors done :). Cant wait to see them... also how much are these going to be ea?

Disgirl
03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Philip, post 1 here tells all about them. I hope to have some new glazes in the coming few weeks and will make up a new batch of fish. I am so busy now with cone making that the fish will have to wait a bit. But thanks for asking!

rickztahone
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM
i really like that blue glazed one. can't wait to see the new colored one. i'm so happy for you Barb and how good you are doing as a fellow hobbyist turned sponsor. it's so great when you sit down and think about it. Congrats and i only wish that we can all take part in buying your artwork.

Eddie
03-24-2010, 11:47 PM
i really like that blue glazed one. can't wait to see the new colored one. i'm so happy for you Barb and how good you are doing as a fellow hobbyist turned sponsor. it's so great when you sit down and think about it. Congrats and i only wish that we can all take part in buying your artwork.

+1! They are super nice!

Eddie

philip69285
03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi Philip, post 1 here tells all about them. I hope to have some new glazes in the coming few weeks and will make up a new batch of fish. I am so busy now with cone making that the fish will have to wait a bit. But thanks for asking!

So the glazed ones would cost the same as the nonglazed ones? Thought they would be more thats why I asked :). But thanks for letting me know Barb. I cant wait. Def send me a PM when you get some done... I dont mind waiting and you know that :). No spawning yet on the cone but they have showed interest to it hahaha.

DonMD
03-25-2010, 05:17 PM

OH, DANG!!! My wife likes the BLUE one!:) And then next the RED one:p. Maybe you should stop now!!!:D

Only kidding. Keep experimenting. I think you're on to something!;)

bmrin1
03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Barb those are SWEET.

Brian

Disgirl
03-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Thank you guys! Ricardo, Eddie, Philip, Don and Brian, I am glad you like them! I will see what I can come up with. The small ones will be $15 and the bigger ones will be $20. Either swirled clay or glazed light colored clay. I have been making and selling fish wall hangings for 10 years and these prices seem to be fair and well received so I will continue on with them. Hopefully within 2-3 weeks I will have a new "school" of clay fish to offer here. Thanks again!

Yassmeena
03-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey Barb,

They look supernice, especially unglazed becuase you somehow captured the physical morphology of the discus SO WELL!

I wonder if you could paint them like they were certain strains, like RGD or leopard, pigeon, etc. That would be interesting for sure!

Nice work! :thumbsup:

Best,

Yasmin

PS - I went to the clay shop and made a plant pot for my discus tank last week! It's still drying but I plan on posting pics here when I'm done. Thanks for the inspiration! :)