PDA

View Full Version : SAECO Espresso Italiano

Eddie
03-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey all, I just thought I'd write a review on my new automatic espresso machine. I previously owned Jura Capresso E8 and it was a dream. I used it to its death just recently. I never thought I could replace it but I actually decided on a much cheaper automatic machine made by Saeco. Its the Saeco Espresso Italiano and it really does give you the best bang for your buck. Its a really decent price too, about $350 and shipping was about 10 bucks. I ordered this thing from Walmart of all places and it arrived in one week to me in Japan. It doesn't feel as sturdy as the Jura E8 but don't let that fool you, its all about whats underneath the hood. It makes a very good Cafe Crema, plenty of rich creamy espresso on the top of every cup. Its only 15 bars of pressure compared to the 18 bar Jura E8 but its not anything too noticeable. Its easy to use, simple controls make this machine 4.5 stars IMO. So if you are looking for that double espresso, at the press of one button, you will definitely enjoy this machine! Mmmm.......as I sip on my 4 shot cup of cafe crema! ;)

All the best,

Eddie

Chad Hughes
03-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Nice! Glad to hear it worked out for you. I fiddled with espresso machines back in the day but found Starbucks much easier. :D

I still have the old machine stored in a box somewhere. LOL!

Take care Eddie!

vera
03-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Eddie , u make it sound so delicious and gives me urge to run to kitchen and make my first (today)wake up coffee :D Me love coffee so much -its the first thing in the mng and last b4 bed and God knows how many in between lol , im using Nespresso machine tho' and special coffee filled capsules which come in about 20 different flavors and strength-my latest addiction is Hazelnut flavor - cafe crema
Cheers :)

yogi
03-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Plus the tannins in the expresso can give your tank that nice blackwater look.

Eddie
03-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Nice! Glad to hear it worked out for you. I fiddled with espresso machines back in the day but found Starbucks much easier. :D

I still have the old machine stored in a box somewhere. LOL!

Take care Eddie!

LOL, used to do the same but easily realized that in 2 months of drinking starbucks everyday would pay for the machine that they use to make the those amazing drinks. :D

Eddie

underwaterforest
03-22-2010, 08:23 PM
A french Press is the only way to fly when it comes to coffee for me. I like my coffee thick and rich. I have a Braun espresso maker somewhere in my cupboards, but it doesn't get used very much.

hedut
03-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I you guys like strong coffee than you should try luwak coffee is more strong( I believe) and expensive to:)

underwaterforest
03-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Hedut, isn't that the civet s--t coffee that goes for hundreds of dollars per pound? I kinda like my coffee sans civet poo.

Eddie
03-23-2010, 06:40 AM
A french Press is the only way to fly when it comes to coffee for me. I like my coffee thick and rich. I have a Braun espresso maker somewhere in my cupboards, but it doesn't get used very much.

Ah, used one them for years. A super-automatic is literally, pressing a button and getting a nice espresso from the Cafes in Spain, Italy or France. ;) Its the reason I have one. :D

Eddie

vera
03-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Hedut, isn't that the civet s--t coffee that goes for hundreds of dollars per pound? I kinda like my coffee sans civet poo.

LOL
doesnt make much sense , it wasnt digested or whatever-just a fun way of making money , maybe i shall get couple of these wonderful animals and make few exstra buks:) i wonder , if Discus can do same job lol
machines produce fantastic coffee in a short time ,(my Nespresso just FAB:))but still the best coffee i've ever tasted was in Egypt cooked on hot sand believe - dont know what exactly its called

Eddie
03-23-2010, 07:29 AM
but still the best coffee i've ever tasted was in Egypt cooked on hot sand believe - dont know what exactly its called

Yum, that does sound good Vera. ;)

Eddie