PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Al Sabetta, SimplyDiscus, CT Discus

Steven Turitz
03-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I am not a man of few words, yet, I find myself somewhat lacking the words to accurately describe the impact and the overall experience I had on my recent visit on Friday March 12th, 2010 to meet Al.

I have recently rekindled a passion that I had for Discus as a boy, and I have now come to realize just how very fortunate I am that I have an expert, an authority on Discus living just 1 hour up the road from where I live, and yes, that would be Al Sabetta.
I consider myself privileged that Al opened up his home and his fishroom, shared his knowledge, experience and expertise with me, and gave me the opportunity to see his absolutely stunning tanks and his collection of breathtaking Discus. I got to see first hand a man truly dedicated to this hobby, his Discus collection, and passionate about SimplyDiscus and CT Discus. I vividly remember the feeding frenzy in his biotope Heckel tank in the living room when he gave the shoal their afternoon lunch feeding of freeze dried Australian blackworms. They looked so happy and healthy. No wonder, they eat well !!!!!

As a businessman myself, I believe every organization takes on the flavor, the tone of the person (or people) at the top. As a Community, we couldn't have a more genuine, sincere, dedicated, concerned, interested, involved, caring individual at the helm than Al Sabetta himself, and that is in addition to all his knowledge and expertise with Discus. He is that fine of a person, and that decent of a man. I feel privileged to be a member of SimplyDiscus and to have personally met Al.
I will undertake this journey back into my childhood and Discus way more comfortably knowing that I have Al Sabetta by my side and behind me.

Al - thank you for one of the most pleasant and inspiring days in my adult life.
The images of your stunning Discus dancing in their crystal clear water homes are etched in my mind.
I smile every time I think of them. It makes me feel young again.
Thanks Again
Steve

mmorris
03-21-2010, 04:49 PM
I
The images of your stunning Discus dancing in their crystal clear water homes are etched in my mind.

How 'bout etching them on film next time. :)

Darren's Discus
03-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Who goes to Al,'s and does'nt take pics to share !Glad you had a great day with Al.

cheers

Steven Turitz
03-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi All
You will have to cut this newbie some slack.
I never thought to ask. In retrospect, I'm kind of glad I didn't.
I find that my greatest recollections are the ones safely etched
in my mind over those etched on Kodak.
But, for the Community, next time I will ask Al if OK to photograph.
Steve