PDA

View Full Version : Aquafair Malaysia 2010

pigeon
03-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Aquafair Malaysia 2010 to be held from 25-28 November@ KLCC Convention Centre
There will be more than 200 tanks of Discus in this show and attractive prize monies to be won!

Download brochure here:

www.discus.com.my/aquafair2010.pdf

See you there!

Eddie
05-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Any Simply members thinking of making it to this show?

Eddie
05-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Bump

Eddie
06-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Bump bump :D

LizStreithorst
06-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Only in my dreams, Eddie. It is impossible. Dang money! Maybe one day...

Eddie
06-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Only in my dreams, Eddie. It is impossible. Dang money! Maybe one day...

Don't worry Liz, I'll take a million pictures! ;)

Eddie
08-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Looking forward to this trip! Woohoo!!!

http://www.aquafairmalaysia.com.my/

hedut
08-05-2010, 04:54 AM
I might be there for the weekend :D:D:D

vera
08-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Looking forward to this trip! Woohoo!!!

From the link Eddie posted it looks like its gonna be a HUGE event , i wish to spend my weekend there too :)

Eddie
08-06-2010, 03:29 AM
I might be there for the weekend :D:D:D

Heck yeah Hendri! Let me know if you are going. I'll be judging in the Discus show. Be great to link up.

From the link Eddie posted it looks like its gonna be a HUGE event , i wish to spend my weekend there too :)

It does look like its gonna be a pretty big show. I'm pretty excited about it. My first International show for judging, so it should be an awesome time. You know me, I love beautiful discus. That would be amazing if you did come Vera!

Eddie

hedut
08-06-2010, 03:46 AM
sure Eddie, I'll be in Singapore next month so not that far from Singapore to Kuala lumpur :)

Eddie
08-06-2010, 03:53 AM
sure Eddie, I'll be in Singapore next month so not that far from Singapore to Kuala lumpur :)

Nice! How long you gonna be in Sing?

hedut
08-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I'll be at Singapore from Sep 27 to next Jan but I might be traveling in Dec not sure, wanna came Eddie? I know they have a lot fishing farm in there or may be you wanna try fishing arapaima gigas at fishing pond :):).

Eddie
08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I'll be at Singapore from Sep 27 to next Jan but I might be traveling in Dec not sure, wanna came Eddie? I know they have a lot fishing farm in there or may be you wanna try fishing arapaima gigas at fishing pond :):).

I wish I could!!! That would be killer.

Jennie
08-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Be interesting to see what the BIS Koi will go for???:D

Eddie
08-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Be interesting to see what the BIS Koi will go for???:D

Yeah, crazy prices! I'll be taking lots of photos!

vera
08-09-2010, 08:43 AM
It does look like its gonna be a pretty big show. I'm pretty excited about it. My first International show for judging, so it should be an awesome time. You know me, I love beautiful discus. That would be amazing if you did come Vera!

Eddie

U r going to be a Judge !!!wow , another great achievement ! CONGRETS and well done Eddie !
TC

Ed13
08-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Eddie
Wait, what? Our very own Eddie a show judge for Aquafair? Congrats man!!

Eddie
08-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks Vera and Ed, should be a great experience! I will be there supporting NADA and look forward to the show. ;)

Take care,

Eddie

2075turner
08-16-2010, 12:33 PM
I am trying to make some arrangements to go. Nothing confirmed yet though. Need to come up with some $$$ for the trip as well....gonna give it a whirl though:)

Eddie
08-16-2010, 07:58 PM
I am trying to make some arrangements to go. Nothing confirmed yet though. Need to come up with some $$$ for the trip as well....gonna give it a whirl though:)

Hell yeah! Thats awesome Evelyn. Let me know.

Eddie

2075turner
08-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Will do Eddie. Norm doesn't want to discuss it yet....so we will have to see.;)

Eddie
08-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Will do Eddie. Norm doesn't want to discuss it yet....so we will have to see.;)

I think its gonna be an amazing show! Paul (pcsb23) is also going to be judging in the show. Should be a good time!

Eddie

2075turner
08-17-2010, 11:07 AM
So this might sound silly...but is there an host hotel? I can't seem to find it anywhere....maybe I was just tired when I was looking:crazy:. Norm is now making fun of me.....:p I must go:p:)

Eddie
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
So this might sound silly...but is there an host hotel? I can't seem to find it anywhere....maybe I was just tired when I was looking:crazy:. Norm is now making fun of me.....:p I must go:p:)

Hey Evelyn, the link I provided has the address for the show. Not sure if you can search that way. I'll be staying at whatever hotel the committee puts me in. :o

boonseong
08-18-2010, 03:23 PM
aww shucks....
I'll be there first 3 weeks of sept. Just going to miss this by a couple of months.
Oh well.

hedut
08-18-2010, 05:21 PM
there a lot hotel near by the area and taxi is not expensive there, I usually stay around at bukit bintang area and will take cab to KL convention center :D:D:D and there is fish spa in there too.

Rod
08-19-2010, 03:29 AM
My first International show for judging, so it should be an awesome time. You know me, I love beautiful discus.

Eddie

Hey Eddie,

Thats brilliant mate, should be one hell of an experience. :)

vera
08-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Rod u are going ? this time THE "epicentre " is very close to Australia ;)

Eddie
08-19-2010, 05:19 AM
there a lot hotel near by the area and taxi is not expensive there, I usually stay around at bukit bintang area and will take cab to KL convention center :D:D:D and there is fish spa in there too.

Hendri, you know I'll be looking you up when I get in. Check your PM.

Hey Eddie,

Thats brilliant mate, should be one hell of an experience. :)

Thanks Rod, really looking forward it!

Take care,

Eddie

Eddie
08-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Flights booked, arriving in the morning on 23rd and departing the 2nd in the evening. It was the cheapest route, would have stayed longer but the prices were pretty steep. Plus my son's B-day is on the 5th of Dec so you know I am not missing that day, ever! :D

Rod
08-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Rod u are going ? this time THE "epicentre " is very close to Australia ;)

No Vera, not this time. Germany is enough for this year i think.

ferdinand
08-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Heck yeah Hendri! Let me know if you are going. I'll be judging in the Discus show. Be great to link up.

Eddie

Hoping that I can see you in this big event.

Eddie
08-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Hoping that I can see you in this big event.

Sounds great Ferdinand! Should be an awesome event.

Take care,

Eddie

vera
08-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Flights booked, arriving in the morning on 23rd and departing the 2nd in the evening. It was the cheapest route, would have stayed longer but the prices were pretty steep. Plus my son's B-day is on the 5th of Dec so you know I am not missing that day, ever! :D

Lucky lucky!!, thats great Eddie !, pretty long stay too , planning to visit fishfarms while in there ? would love to go around so many good ones concentrated in there - a lifetime experience indeed
best wishes !

LizStreithorst
08-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I wish y'all would stop posting to this thread. (just kidding. I follow it like a hawk). It's just that it makes me yearn for something that is entirely out of my reach. I hope that one of you who can attend is a good photographer.

ferdinand
08-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Sounds great Ferdinand! Should be an awesome event.

Take care,

Eddie

Can I meet you on the 25th Nov morning?

Eddie
08-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Lucky lucky!!, thats great Eddie !, pretty long stay too , planning to visit fishfarms while in there ? would love to go around so many good ones concentrated in there - a lifetime experience indeed
best wishes !

Yup, I am hoping to visit some hatcheries. Haven't planned any particular ones just yet.

I wish y'all would stop posting to this thread. (just kidding. I follow it like a hawk). It's just that it makes me yearn for something that is entirely out of my reach. I hope that one of you who can attend is a good photographer.

Hey there Liz, I can hold my own when it comes to pictures. :o

Can I meet you on the 25th Nov morning?

Shouldn't be a problem but I'll be in touch as it nears. I'll have to see what the agenda is for the judges.

Take care

Eddie

Jennie
08-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Hey Eddie, I know discus pics are top priority but if you could get a few of really cool hardscapes, that would be so nice!:) still looking for ideas for my tank

Eddie
08-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Hey Eddie, I know discus pics are top priority but if you could get a few of really cool hardscapes, that would be so nice!:) still looking for ideas for my tank

Sure thing, I'll get plenty of photos! ;)

Eddie

Jennie
08-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Thank you:)

Eddie
08-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Thank you:)

I'll have plenty of time to see everything and I plan to share the whole show with Simply!

Eddie

Ed13
08-30-2010, 09:02 AM
I'll have plenty of time to see everything and I plan to share the whole show with Simply!

Eddie
Please tell me you'll be visiting some farms!!!

Eddie
08-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Please tell me you'll be visiting some farms!!!

I'd love to, just have to plan with the different ones. ;)

Eddie
09-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Evelyn, you and the hubby gonna make it?

2075turner
09-22-2010, 10:34 PM

Eddie

So do I really have to go then???:p

2075turner
09-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Evelyn, you and the hubby gonna make it?

I may, Norm will have to stay here as he will be going into finals at about that time. He has to put studying ahead of everything, I on the other hand:o:o:o:o:o have other things to attend to. I will know next week if I can make arrangements for the household, kiddies & pets...then there's always the airfare, lol...just a couple of bucks to come up with...

I will keep you advised!!!:)

Eddie
09-26-2010, 03:42 AM
I may, Norm will have to stay here as he will be going into finals at about that time. He has to put studying ahead of everything, I on the other hand:o:o:o:o:o have other things to attend to. I will know next week if I can make arrangements for the household, kiddies & pets...then there's always the airfare, lol...just a couple of bucks to come up with...

I will keep you advised!!!:)

Thats too bad Norm can't make it. Hope you are able to come!

Take care and good luck with everything,

Eddie

Tropic Wonder
10-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Hey guys, hope to see you all during the show .. and not to forget to meet us at our Discus Society Malaysia (DSM) booth ... rgds, chong :)

ferdinand
10-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I will be there and will visit to The DSM booth.

Eddie
10-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, hope to see you all during the show .. and not to forget to meet us at our Discus Society Malaysia (DSM) booth ... rgds, chong :)

Heck yeah, most definitely! Its gonna be an amazing event, can't wait!

Eddie

2075turner
10-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Ah, my attempts of getting things to work out for that week won't work out afterall. So I won't be able to go:( I will have to check out the threads to see what a great time I am missing:( Hope that all goes well for those of you that are able to make it!:)

Eddie
10-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Ah, my attempts of getting things to work out for that week won't work out afterall. So I won't be able to go:( I will have to check out the threads to see what a great time I am missing:( Hope that all goes well for those of you that are able to make it!:)

Sorry to hear Evelyn. I'll make sure to update on the show and take TONS of pictures. ;)

Take care,

Eddie

Larry Bugg
10-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Wow, what an awesome trip Eddie!! I know you will do NADA and Simply proud! Maybe one of these days I can make a trip like this. For now, I will have to live it through your pictures and post.

Larry

Eddie
10-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Wow, what an awesome trip Eddie!! I know you will do NADA and Simply proud! Maybe one of these days I can make a trip like this. For now, I will have to live it through your pictures and post.

Larry

Yeah Larry, living in Asia does have a few perks! I'll make sure to keep everybody on the edge of their seats! ;)

Take care and congrats on the VP position!

Eddie

Jennie
10-08-2010, 08:36 AM
don't forget those aquascaping pics Eddie:)
Sorry to hear Evelyn. I'll make sure to update on the show and take TONS of pictures. ;)

Take care,

Eddie

Eddie
10-08-2010, 08:50 AM

No worries, will get all that I can! ;)

Larry Bugg
10-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah Larry, living in Asia does have a few perks! I'll make sure to keep everybody on the edge of their seats! ;)

Take care and congrats on the VP position!

Eddie

Thanks, hopefully I can do NADA proud also.

Tropic Wonder
10-12-2010, 10:44 PM

Mr Takashi Amano – King of Nature Aquarium, had been invited to be one of the judges for the aquascaping competition and conducting a workshop during AQUAFAIR MALAYSIA 2010 ... :)

Eddie
10-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Mr Takashi Amano – King of Nature Aquarium, had been invited to be one of the judges for the aquascaping competition and conducting a workshop during AQUAFAIR MALAYSIA 2010 ... :)

Nice! I hope to meet him.

Eddie

Jennie
10-12-2010, 11:47 PM
wish I was going:( That would be something to see

pcsb23
10-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Mr Takashi Amano – King of Nature Aquarium, had been invited to be one of the judges for the aquascaping competition and conducting a workshop during AQUAFAIR MALAYSIA 2010 ... :)I hope I get chance to attend this workshop.

Eddie
10-14-2010, 07:48 PM
I am officially counting down the days! Man I'm stoked! Nice vacation and some SERIOUSLY high end discus to see. Oh man, it doesn't get much better than that! Lets just say I am REALLY looking forward to this one!

Eddie

Disgirl
10-14-2010, 09:09 PM
We will be wanting lots of pictures Eddie, like you did in Dallas.
Barb:)

Jennie
10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
well, you deserve this vacation, no doubt.:)

Eddie
10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
We will be wanting lots of pictures Eddie, like you did in Dallas.
Barb:)

Oh, no worries! I am also thinking of bringing my HD camcorder too. Not sure if they'll let me shoot video but I'll try!

well, you deserve this vacation, no doubt.:)

Most definitely! ;)

DiscusLoverJeff
10-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Eddie,

Can you find out if any of the breeders there will ship to the US? Or possibly get some brochures to post here so we can see whats being offered? I know its a show, but as they say, everything has a price!

Eddie
10-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Eddie,

Can you find out if any of the breeders there will ship to the US? Or possibly get some brochures to post here so we can see whats being offered? I know its a show, but as they say, everything has a price!

Everybody will ship to the US. Its as you say, the price. Generally you'll pay the price of full shipment regardless if you get one or two boxes of fish. I'll definitely look around though. Any particular fish you want? My friend Watanabe, from Japan, ships to the US and his strains are pure wild crosses or vintage bloodlines. All his fish are very unique, some of the best I've ever seen. ;)

April
10-16-2010, 10:58 PM
well..what better spokesman and first hand experience info than our best simply member eddie. congrats on the judging..cant wait to hear all about it.
one of these days..if i ever quit making more work for myself..

Eddie
10-17-2010, 04:59 AM
well..what better spokesman and first hand experience info than our best simply member eddie. congrats on the judging..cant wait to hear all about it.
one of these days..if i ever quit making more work for myself..

Thanks April, I'm really looking forward it! ;) Definitely a well needed break.

Take care,

Eddie

DiscusLoverJeff
10-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for doing some investigating for us while you are on umm vacation/working/playing/talking/drinking/falling down, Lol.

I would like to see some pictures of (and info if available) on some solid discus, blues, golden, whites, etc. and some old school german reds as they were called 20 years ago.

We will appreciate any info you can get to the forum or Pm's!!!

Eddie
10-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for doing some investigating for us while you are on umm vacation/working/playing/talking/drinking/falling down, Lol.

I would like to see some pictures of (and info if available) on some solid discus, blues, golden, whites, etc. and some old school german reds as they were called 20 years ago.

We will appreciate any info you can get to the forum or Pm's!!!

No worries, will get it all! Probably won't be drinking and falling down much though, LOL. I actually have to do a few things with my head on straight. ;)

Eddie

Pardal
10-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Eddie, I am going to try to make it. Right now I have to get permission from my COC. You know what I mean. I have to take advantage although no quite in Asia just been in the Middle of the Pacific is an advantage. Looking forward for my first international show, and to meet you and many other great names in the hobby industry. I am almost sure I will make it. Either way congratulations in your selection as judge.
Sincerely
Julian.

Eddie
10-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Eddie, I am going to try to make it. Right now I have to get permission from my COC. You know what I mean. I have to take advantage although no quite in Asia just been in the Middle of the Pacific is an advantage. Looking forward for my first international show, and to meet you and many other great names in the hobby industry. I am almost sure I will make it. Either way congratulations in your selection as judge.
Sincerely
Julian.

Thanks Julian! That would fantastic if you could make it out. Let me know man, its gonna be a great show!

Eddie

Tropic Wonder
10-27-2010, 07:02 AM
The 5th DSM International Discus Championship 2010 is just around the corner … keep an eye .. :book:

The judges for this championship would be:

Mr. Kersten Opitz (Czechoslovakia)
Mr. Eddie Ybarra (USA)
Mr. Tamer Dogan (Turkey)
Mr. Paul Butler (UK)
Dr. Sun See Seng (Singapore)
Mr. Kuan Kuo Yun (Taiwan)
Mr. Bernd Degan (Germany)
Dr. Teoh Guan Hock (Malaysia) - chairman

B.rgds ...

seanyuki
10-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi Bro Chong.......hope to see some pics & videos of the event:).....is Stan taking pictures for discus.com.my?....he's an excellent photographer:)

The 5th DSM International Discus Championship 2010 is just around the corner … keep an eye .. :book:

Mr. Eddie Ybarra (USA)
Mr. Tamer Dogan (Turkey)
Mr. Paul Butler (UK)

B.rgds ...

ferdinand
10-27-2010, 11:48 AM

Mr. Eddie Ybarra (USA)
Mr. Tamer Dogan (Turkey)
Mr. Paul Butler (UK)

B.rgds ...

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your information.

Tropic Wonder
10-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Hi Bro Chong.......hope to see some pics & videos of the event:).....is Stan taking pictures for discus.com.my?....he's an excellent photographer:)

Hi Francis, yes and would surely do so ... Stan is our official photographer, and he is good :)

BTW, as with previous year, DSM would be conducting an award for the "Best Internet People's Choice" and looking toward all the forumers' support ... stay tune ... :drummer:

B.rgds .. chong

seanyuki
10-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi Chong kor..... how to vote .....internet people choice award?.....hope to have some guidelines ....my choice red discus .....been a fan of red discus for a very long time......please request Stan to take some nice red discus(ang bah) for me.....:)

thanks in advance:)

Hi Francis, yes and would surely do so ... Stan is our official photographer, and he is good :)

BTW, as with previous year, DSM would be conducting an award for the "Best Internet People's Choice" and looking toward all the forumers' support ... stay tune ... :drummer:

B.rgds .. chong

Eddie
11-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Woohoo! Im excited! ;)

DiscusLoverJeff
11-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi Eddie,

Just quick question, any chance of a live internet feed from the show so the people like me who can not attend get a chance to see whats happening there?

Eddie
11-04-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi Eddie,

Just quick question, any chance of a live internet feed from the show so the people like me who can not attend get a chance to see whats happening there?

Hey there Jeff, not sure if the organizers are planning for that but I'm going to try and get some HD footage while I am there if it is allowed. I'll definitely be sharing the show with Simply!

Take care,

Eddie

DiscusLoverJeff
11-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Thank you Eddie. I hope you have a good time and get us lots of footage and some great pictures.

Eddie
11-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Thank you Eddie. I hope you have a good time and get us lots of footage and some great pictures.

I will try my friend! ;)

ferdinand
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
The entrance charges is 5.0 RM per person, so the organizer will not have live internet feed from the show.

Entrance Charges Adult: - RM 5.00
http://www.aquafairmalaysia.com.my/index.asp?subpage=2&submenu=2

Kersten
11-07-2010, 01:54 PM

Mr. Kersten Opitz (Czech Republic)
Mr. Eddie Ybarra (USA)
Mr. Tamer Dogan (Turkey)
Mr. Paul Butler (UK)

B.rgds ...

Small correction :-) from 1993 its just only Czech Republic, Slovakia is a independent county - Slovak Republic :-).

To Eddie - See you soon in KL :-)

Eddie
11-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Small correction :-) from 1993 its just only Czech Republic, Slovakia is a independent county - Slovak Republic :-).

To Eddie - See you soon in KL :-)

See you there Kersten!

Have a safe trip,

Eddie

Eddie
11-15-2010, 07:44 AM
7 days til arrival! Woohoo!

Jennie
11-15-2010, 05:49 PM
^^excitable guy^^

Ok I'm game..tell us how excited you really are!

ferdinand
11-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Aquafair 2010 will start on the next Thursday.

Eddie
11-20-2010, 06:36 AM
I'll be arriving on Tuesday and looking forward to the trip!

hedut
11-20-2010, 09:09 AM
see you there Eddie :)

ferdinand
11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I'll be arriving on Tuesday and looking forward to the trip!
One day before the fish benching in?

Eddie
11-21-2010, 05:13 AM
See you there Hendri! 27th is the day you asked about!

Yes Ferdinand, will be there early to get situated. Better early than late. LOL

See you guys soon! Woohoo

Disgirl
11-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Have a great time Eddie and take plenty of pics for the rest of us.
Barb

Tropic Wonder
11-22-2010, 02:28 AM
Please to share the location for the coming championship ... Petronas KLCC Tower and KLCC Convention Centre (exhibition hall) ... :)

and don't forget the online voting, which would be available from Thur, 25th Nov ... stay tune ... ;)

Eddie
11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks Barb! Just waiting in Singapore now for my connection to Kuala Lumpur. It was an overnight flight so I got ZERO sleep. LOL Will definitely be updating with LOTS of goodies!!!

Take care!

Eddie

ferdinand
11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
This is the Twin Tower

Jason88
11-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Here some pictures of the show fish.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=309849&id=546346042&l=4028ad8229

pigeon
11-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Dear all,

Please vote for Aquafair 2010 - Best Internet People's Choice award in our forum.
http://www.discus.com.my/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2826 (Tank#1-#120)
http://www.discus.com.my/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2827&start=0 (Tank#121-#240)

On behalf of DSM, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude and thanks to Eddie as our official judge ;)

I hope you enjoy this trip to Malaysia.

ferdinand
11-25-2010, 02:39 PM
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/00IMGP1168.jpg

ferdinand
11-26-2010, 11:41 AM
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/00IMGP1327.jpg

ferdinand
11-26-2010, 12:20 PM
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/00IMGP1316.jpg

William Palumbo
11-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Didn't recognize Eddie all dressed up in a suit!...More pics please!...Bill

Jennie
11-26-2010, 01:25 PM
so it is..looks older than 33??

you had that coming Eddie:)

ferdinand
11-26-2010, 04:34 PM
:bandana:http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/00IMGP1188.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/00IMGP1190.jpg

Kingdom Come Discus
11-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Is Eddie judging the food too?

hedut
11-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Grand champion

Sorry for bad pic, fish just won't corporate ;)

Disgirl
11-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Wow, that beauty looks like it is 8" or more! Is it all over, the aquafair? More pics? Thanks for these!
Barb

Jennie
11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Ok Best shape I've seen on a discus!

pcsb23
11-28-2010, 03:45 PM
It was allright I guess. If I had to have it then I suppose I would have ;)

One of the best discus I have seen in a long while, it still had it's faults, but they were minor. Also the winner of class 7 the Red spotted Snakesins was stunning, it could just as easily have been GC too. Very tough call in the end.

William Palumbo
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Is a better shot of the fish. Looks big for sure. Just not too crazy about the head and chin area...Bill

LizStreithorst
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
It was allright I guess. If I had to have it then I suppose I would have ;)

One of the best discus I have seen in a long while, it still had it's faults, but they were minor. Also the winner of class 7 the Red spotted Snakesins was stunning, it could just as easily have been GC too. Very tough call in the end.

I just saw that you said that. From the pics they chose the best fish. I love that you thought the SS was as good as it is. I know that you don't care for them much.

pcsb23
11-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I just saw that you said that. From the pics they chose the best fish. I love that you thought the SS was as good as it is. I know that you don't care for them much.The pic doesn't do either justice, but when judging personal preferences of strain have to be ignored. Having said that I would have happily brought it home ;)

kaceyo
11-28-2010, 05:43 PM
FWIW, all I get when I click on the pics is a black screen. That happens to me occasionaly on the new format.

pcsb23
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
FWIW, all I get when I click on the pics is a black screen. That happens to me occasionaly on the new format.

Try shift and left clicking, should force it to open in a new browser. I'm just retrieving my photobucket pwd and will pop a few on there too.

kaceyo
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Try shift and left clicking, should force it to open in a new browser. I'm just retrieving my photobucket pwd and will pop a few on there too.
Thanks Paul, that did the trick!

pcsb23
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
ok, here you go ...

Grand Champion
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/pcsb23/c6wGC.jpg

Very nice red spotted snakeskin
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/pcsb23/c7w.jpg

The judges
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/pcsb23/a2.jpg

Very nice!
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/pcsb23/p2.jpg

Kingdom Come Discus
11-29-2010, 01:59 AM
The second fish looks like a Mr. Goh fish?

hedut
11-29-2010, 05:35 AM
nice fish but didn't win:p

hedut
11-29-2010, 05:38 AM
more :D

hedut
11-29-2010, 05:42 AM
more picture :). this Turk is the huge and the Albino could be new strain :) and I'm not sure these just my statement:o

Elite Aquaria
11-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks for sharing these photos. I agree that the chin is weak on the GC but the LLS has some issues in the middle of the body where the spots are not uniformed. I am sure this was what domed this fish from being the GC.

Do you have any side shots of the LLS?

hedut
11-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Winners, go by no first than the fish:D sorry for poor pic:D:D

Spotted

hedut
11-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Reds

These red around 5"-6",they more red if see in person

hedut
11-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Albino and SS

hedut
11-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Albino and white

hedut
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
pigeon

hedut
11-29-2010, 10:40 AM
pigeon and SS

hedut
11-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Classic & Blue
These fishes don't corporate

hedut
11-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Blue

That's all guys thanks for viewing :)

seanyuki
11-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks Hendri.....for posting those pics.

seanyuki
11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Aquafair 2010 - Winners and Prize Presentation

Congrats to Goh Eng Khoon (MY) GRAND CHAMPION

http://www.discus.com.my/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2834

Jennie
11-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanx Hendri, great pics

LizStreithorst
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
The GC has a beak!

Jennie
11-29-2010, 01:47 PM
lol Liz, most do! I like post 122, pic 3 and 5

LizStreithorst
11-29-2010, 02:10 PM
lol Liz, most do! I like post 122, pic 3 and 5

Most certainly do not. Look at his pic in the link that Francis posted. Also notice how off center his tail is.

From the pics I'd have gone with the Turk. Of course judging the fish in person and judging from pics are two different things.

I like the 3rd fish in post 122. Don't like the forehead of the one in the 5th pic.

hedut
11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I do like pic 3 better it just the eyes not red enough, pic 5 is bigger fish than fish pic no 3. If I'm not wrong pic no 5 is the biggest spotted at the show that's why I took the picture :)

Jennie
11-29-2010, 04:14 PM
NONE of these fish are perfect Liz, and most have weak chins, some with humps on forehead, Truthfully everyone of them can be picked apart for one reason or another..the beak on that fish is so minor compared to flaws on some of the others..I'd be happy to own it, for sure.

Jennie
11-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Hendri, too bad you didn't get more info on strain in pic 1 post 122...interesting color pattern!

Kingdom Come Discus
11-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Congratulations all who participated. Very stressful, I am sure, for all involved, especially the fish.

Thanks Hendri for all the great pictures, I enjoyed them all.

seanyuki
11-30-2010, 02:50 AM
More pics from Aquafair 2010.....posting the pics on behalf of Alan Tan with his permission.

http://www.discus.com.my/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2837

William Palumbo
11-30-2010, 02:54 AM
I can't get that link to work for me Francis...Bill

hedut
11-30-2010, 07:05 AM
I can't get that link to work for me Francis...Bill

I believe you need joint them so could see their picture but I could be wrong :)

William Palumbo
11-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Link works now...but seems I need to be a member to view pics...Bill

seanyuki
11-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi Bill.....I will post the pics later this morning.....fastest way to by joining discus.com.my and view their forum.....many good info and some interviews with Grand Master Breeders in Malaysia.

http://www.discus.com.my/forum/

seanyuki
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Here are some pics of the Aquafair 2010 taken by Adam Tam and got his permission to post them.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair1.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair10.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair11.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair13.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair14.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair15.jpg

TBC

seanyuki
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair16.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair17.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair18.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair19.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair20.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair21.jpg

TBC

seanyuki
11-30-2010, 07:51 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair22.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair23.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair24.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair25.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair26.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair35.jpg

TBC

seanyuki
11-30-2010, 07:54 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair34.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair33.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair32.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair31.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair30.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafair3.jpg

Many thanks to Adam Tan of Integrated Aquatics Sdn Bhd:)

LizStreithorst
11-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Thank you, Francis. It seems that your friend Alan is a SS fan, I am to. The first SS in post 150 is to die for.

seanyuki
11-30-2010, 08:58 PM
So surprised Alan took most of the SS strains.....now have to ask Stan Chung to post some red discus too lah.....I am big red fan.

Champion Discus - Goh Eng Khoon (MY)

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/aquafairrrrrgc.jpg

Thank you, Francis. It seems that your friend Alan is a SS fan, I am to. The first SS in post 150 is to die for.

LizStreithorst
12-01-2010, 08:53 AM
That is a MUCH better pic ofthe GC.

Jennie
12-01-2010, 08:56 AM
no beak!

Post 147 pic 2, what is that on side of the fish??

hedut
12-01-2010, 11:41 AM
no beak!

Post 147 pic 2, what is that on side of the fish??

Yup, you see right. Only that fish sick at the show but fish has nice spotted and good size too :)

Jennie
12-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm surprised it was allowed to show? I thought there were strict rules against sick fish at shows? That mass looks cancerous?

Eddie
12-02-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm surprised it was allowed to show? I thought there were strict rules against sick fish at shows? That mass looks cancerous?

The fish were judged few days before the show opened to the public. That fish showed no signs of illness during the grading.

Jennie
12-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey Eddie, what do you think that is on the side? Just curious

Eddie
12-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Eddie, what do you think that is on the side? Just curious

Looks like a bacteria infection of some sort.

bon243
12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
why are these all in asia? XD

Eddie
12-06-2010, 02:08 PM
:bandana:http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/00IMGP1188.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/eh3c/00IMGP1190.jpg

Ferdi, had to get me with food! LOL It is my weakness, among other things. ;)

hedut
12-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Hei Eddie, where have you been? any fish farm visit in Malaysia?

seanyuki
12-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Hey Eddie.....we want discus pics ......and discus stories too.....must have met tons of well known breeders there.

Ferdi, had to get me with food! LOL It is my weakness, among other things. ;)

Eddie
12-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Hey Eddie.....we want discus pics ......and discus stories too.....must have met tons of well known breeders there.

Alright Francis, just been busy but today I promise I drop the mother load. All the pictures from Aquafair and all the different farms. :D I have to head to class but this afternoon they will be coming, PROMISE!

2075turner
12-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Alright Francis, just been busy but today I promise I drop the mother load. All the pictures from Aquafair and all the different farms. :D I have to head to class but this afternoon they will be coming, PROMISE!

I have been waiting for some pics & updates as well Eddie!

Eddie
12-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Here are my shots of the winners.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04322.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04293.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04346.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04349.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04352.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04371.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04361.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04358.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04343.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/DSC04332.jpg

Jennie
12-07-2010, 10:54 PM
EDDIE, post 122, pic 1, what strain is this???

Eddie
12-07-2010, 11:13 PM
EDDIE, post 122, pic 1, what strain is this???

Albino Red White but this one had striations in the face. Very unique fish but it was super small, about 4 inches TL.

Eddie
12-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Some planted tanks. There were not as many as I thought. All these were done by ADA, Amano's company. They were all very small systems.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04326.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04386.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04385.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04384.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04383.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04382.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04381.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04376.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04374.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04373.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04291.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/Planted/DSC04290.jpg

seanyuki
12-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Sooo nice to be at the show Eddie....any discus that really fancy you lah.?.....Mr.Goh won both Grand Champion discus at both shows....what the actual sizes of those beauties.

seanyuki
12-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Amano san was at the show too....giving lectures and doing demo for planted tanks.

some pics of him looking at discus.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/amanosandiscus2.jpg http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/seanyuki/amanosandiscus.jpg

perhaps he's into discus .

Eddie
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Sooo nice to be at the show Eddie....any discus that really fancy you lah.?.....Mr.Goh won both Grand Champion discus at both shows....what the actual sizes of those beauties.

I know, it was great! There really weren't too many that I thought were jaw dropping for me. The strongest categories were the turks and LSS. These 2 categories had the most fish and there were some very nice specimens. I'm uploading more pictures now but photobucket runs slow as molasses. :)

The sizes were very nice and big. The smallest of the winners was the Albino solid and it was bigger than any fish I own. The grand champ was easily above 7".

CrazyAngels
12-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Eddie, thanks for sharing with us your experience and great pictures, we who were not there sure do appreciate it and I bet it was a great experience. Hope you found all okay at home with your Discus when you got back.

Jorge

Jennie
12-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanx for posting those Eddie. In couple of those it seems pebbles are deliberately placed. No hardscapes huh?

Eddie
12-08-2010, 07:58 AM
The bulk of the discus in the show.
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04080.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04061.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04063.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04064.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04065.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04066.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04067.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04068.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04069.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04070.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04071.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04072.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04073.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04074.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04075.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04078.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04081.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04082.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04083.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04084.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04085.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04086.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04087.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04088.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04089.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04090.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04091.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04092.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04099.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04100.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04101.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04102.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04103.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04105.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04106.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04107.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04108.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04109.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04111.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04114.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04117.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04118.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04119.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04120.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04121.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04122.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04123.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04124.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04125.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04126.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04127.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04129.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04130.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04131.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04132.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04133.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04134.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04135.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04136.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04137.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04138.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04139.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04144.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04145.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04146.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04147.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04149.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04153.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04154.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04158.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04159.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04160.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04161.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04162.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04163.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04164.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04166.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04167.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04168.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04170.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04171.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04172.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04173.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04174.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04178.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04179.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04180.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04182.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04184.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04186.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04187.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04188.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04189.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04190.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04191.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04192.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04193.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04194.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04195.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04196.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04197.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04198.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04199.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04200.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04201.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04202.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04203.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04207.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04209.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04210.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04211.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04212.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04213.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04214.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04215.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04216.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04217.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04218.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04219.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04220.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04221.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04222.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04223.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04224.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04225.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04226.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04228.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04233.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04234.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04235.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04236.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04237.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04238.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04241.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04242.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04243.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04245.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04246.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04247.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04248.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04250.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04251.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04256.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04262.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04265.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04266.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04267.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04268.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04269.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04270.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04271.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04272.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04274.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04280.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04281.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04282.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04283.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04284.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Aquafair%202010/All%20fish/DSC04289.jpg

Jennie
12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Some of these fish look HUGE! Love the reds best!

Larry Bugg
12-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Wow! Thanks Eddie. Definitely some fish there I would love to have in my tanks. Size and shape really stands out. They look huge and round. Reds stand out indeed but there are also some SS that I really like.

hedut
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Some of these fish look HUGE! Love the reds best!

Not some of them but most of them is 6"+ - 8"+ specially those Turq and SS strain, well I think Red strain in DSC2 is much redder than in Aquafair :) I wonder what they feed them :). Ricky Lim win first and second class Red strain in DCS but the fish is more redder than his fish at Aquafair.

kaceyo
12-08-2010, 02:32 PM
OMG!!! That must be LSS Heaven!!!!!
Thanks for posting 'em.

Lukan
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Eddie,

You are doing all SD members proud. So how was the first official judging? Wanna share your experience with the rest of us.

Cheers,
Marte

Jennie
12-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Hendri, I noticed a couple were intense red...

Joe
12-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing! Wish I was there!

Joe

DiscusLoverJeff
12-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Hello everyone who posted pictures from the show, all I can say is WOW. Some amazing fish for sure. But why so many pictures of Eddie eating?? Lol.

Nice job on the photos too Eddie. I bet is was awesome to so close and personal with those beautiful fish. Some of the shapes on them really made their namesake "Discus" standout.

Hoping for a show of this type in the US someday preferably in the Midwest. Glad you all shared your experiences with us, thank you!

Eddie
12-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone who posted pictures from the show, all I can say is WOW. Some amazing fish for sure. But why so many pictures of Eddie eating?? Lol.

Nice job on the photos too Eddie. I bet is was awesome to so close and personal with those beautiful fish. Some of the shapes on them really made their namesake "Discus" standout.

Hoping for a show of this type in the US someday preferably in the Midwest. Glad you all shared your experiences with us, thank you!

Glad you enjoyed the photos and yes, I enjoy my food! LOL

There will be a show, the 2012 NADA show in Atlanta. Don't miss it, it will be the second National show for NADA and the first one was AMAZING!!!

johnnathan
12-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Eddie

When is Show in Bay Area??

just curious

Larry Bugg
12-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Eddie

When is Show in Bay Area??

just curious

Atlanta is 2012 and NADA is planning on shows every other year so the Bay Area could be 2014. All it takes is someone putting together a application and showing a willingness and ability to do the work.