PDA

View Full Version : Discus get together in Milpitas CA.

musediscus
03-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Hi everyone it's been awhile since our last get together, Si asked me to start up a meeting to see how's everyone is doing. I believe my good buddy Rick can host our meeting at his place. So let me know who's interested. The date and time have not been schedule; I'm thinking weekend will work best for everyone.

Thanks,
Hank

discusvast
03-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Hank, Rick
you guys are rock, let me know Date and time, and I will be there.
Meantime I" ll spread the word
thanks, si

phat nguyen
04-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Hello guys,

I will try to be there too.

I have some extra formalin 3 that I can share with everyone for free of charge..... ( bought a big 5 gallons container.)

Pls let me know about the time.....

May be we can invite KENNY and Mr CLIFF YOUNG to be the main speakers ???

It could be great to learn from them about artificial-raise fry or Discus husbandry.

Perry :angel: :angel: :angel:

CliffsDiscus
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of Discus breeders from BAD(http://badiscus.3.forumer.com) that is interested selling their large glass tanks, but can't bring them to the meeting because of
the size. I suggested a drive around swap meet to different Discus keepers.

Thanks,
Cliff

seasiderick
04-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi guys I am also interested in meeting let me know time and place and I will be there and Kenny and cliff would be a great choice.Thanks Rick

musediscus
04-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone I met another knowledgeable discus breeder in the Bay Area. well he's back into breeding discus again... maybe I can email him and get him to meet you guys. special surprise!!!! Hint he's from Dick Au and Cliff Young generation. Do you think you know this person????

There's something about this hobby that we can seem to get away from; its either a long or a short break but never permanent.

Here a question for everyone, who has been in and out of this hobby or just started? what is it about discus that fascinate you the most?

Hank

CliffsDiscus
04-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Hey everyone I met another knowledgeable discus breeder in the Bay Area. well he's back into breeding discus again... maybe I can email him and get him to meet you guys. special surprise!!!! Hint he's from Dick Au and Cliff Young generation. Do you think you know this person????

There's something about this hobby that we can seem to get away from; its either a long or a short break but never permanent.

Here a question for everyone, who has been in and out of this hobby or just started? what is it about discus that fascinate you the most?

Hank

Hi Hank,
Dick's and my generation, making us sound older then 29 and someone in the Bay Area, could
be one of San Jose's biggest Discus breeder Alan Yee, my partner at SF's Discus Study Group. I did talk to Alan a couple of months ago, and he mention some new people that
he had met.

Cliff

musediscus
04-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi Hank,
Dick's and my generation, making us sound older then 29

Cliff

Hahahaha, with age comes wisdom, that my friend is something priceless. I'm pretty sure a lot of us would give up a few years to you in return for some of the stuff you know. Yeah, your right... its Alan Yee, why did you go and spoil the fun young man!!! :) I don't think anyone but you would know. I don't think a lot of people know Alan, so I think it’s a great opportunity to introduce him if I can get him to come out.

Hank

discusvast
04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
that's awesome Hank, heard about him but never met him in person
it's great to meet some discus enthusiasts and breeder so bring him out hehehe

discusvast
04-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Hahahaha, with age comes wisdom, that my friend is something priceless. I'm pretty sure a lot of us would give up a few years to you in return for some of the stuff you know. Yeah, your right... its Alan Yee, why did you go and spoil the fun young man!!! :) I don't think anyone but you would know. I don't think a lot of people know Alan, so I think it’s a great opportunity to introduce him if I can get him to come out.

Hank

hey Cliff
for sure i wont give up even a year for the stuff that you know, but instead, some dim sum and tea in Chinatown for some of the old trick huh ??? haha

musediscus
04-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Si man, hahaha you're just saying that cuz you know you're climbing up there. JK. So what happen to all of the local members in here, I guess people are busy these days. Hey Si maybe you can upload some pictures of your pairs to get people excited. you still having shown me all of your pairs yet.

CliffsDiscus
04-17-2010, 11:54 AM
hey Cliff
for sure i wont give up even a year for the stuff that you know, but instead, some dim sum and tea in Chinatown for some of the old trick huh ??? haha

Hi Si,
Ok, I'm game, we can visit some of the fish shops at Chinatown too.

Cliff

CliffsDiscus
04-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't think a lot of people know Alan, so I think it’s a great opportunity to introduce him if I can get him to come out.

Hank[/QUOTE]

Hi Hank,
Alan had a Fish Shop(s) in the San Jose Area before the dotcom period. In his fishshop
he had local bred Discus in the backroom, so he was a local Discus supplier to many LFS's as
to many hobbyist. He is very well know to some of the older LFS owners and old time Discus
breeders.

Cliff

musediscus
04-17-2010, 02:32 PM
hahahah Cliff I forget to mention not well known to people who are into discus world recently. other then that, like you a lot of people heard and met him before.

discusvast
04-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Hey, Hank
believed it or not, I am at no where to breeding discus, always surprise you, always something to challenge you
I will try to up-load some pictures of the pairs that i am working on. People are busy this day, so come on discus gang haha

discusvast
04-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Cliff
fish shops and tea, sound good to me. If I have chance, will grab Perry with me. By the way, do we have enough people to form a meeting group, where are all the bay area discus gang

CliffsDiscus
04-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Cliff
fish shops and tea, sound good to me. If I have chance, will grab Perry with me. By the way, do we have enough people to form a meeting group, where are all the bay area discus gang

Hi Si,
I called some Discus hobbyists and some are interested, so we narrow the date down to
the end of May or the first couple of weeks of June. We have Richard(Shingulra Discus)
with DVDs of Schmidt's Discus, also of Wattley's talk on DVD and different variety of
DVDs on Discus. Also if we have at least a dozen people I will donate some Discus and BrineShrimp Eggs for a free raffle. Alan has been going to some of the BayAreaDiscus
Meeting in the past so I will give him a call also. We can have a round table discussion
if everyone wants, a few already ask if I can do a talk about artifically raising Discus.
My suggestion would be to combine both meetings for a larger outcome.

Cliff

phat nguyen
04-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

Hi Cliff , Hank, and Si...... It would be great to narrow in the date for the meeting . Late May might work for me too.

It would be nice to learn the inside trade of artificial-rearing for discus from Cliff...
I can donate some equipments too.

Perry

discusvast
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Cliff, Perry
you guys are very generous to donate free discus, brine shrimp eggs, and equipments. See what's else I can bring to the meeting