PDA

View Full Version : Ken's Beefheart Flakes...

rich_one
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Thinking about trying this out as a staple flake for my discus... anyone here try this product? Interested in any experienced opinions. Thanks!

-Rich

Moon
03-29-2010, 05:05 PM
If you look at the ingriedients BH is item no 10. So how much BH is in the flake mix?
I would rather go with my own mix of BH.

Arjunpun
03-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I feed my discus with kens beefheart flakes a d they like it. But I only feed if I am doing wc after 1 HR Coz it does make tank dirty.

Eddie
03-29-2010, 08:11 PM
If you look at the ingriedients BH is item no 10. So how much BH is in the flake mix?
I would rather go with my own mix of BH.

+1

whitedevil
03-29-2010, 09:16 PM
I got it for my angels, been eating it for a week now and the water hasnt fouled once. I noticed when overfeeding foods like this the water clouds very fast.

joanr
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
I bought two large bags of BH flake from Angels Plus. My fish won't touch it, although they love the real thing, and they love some of the other varieties of Angel's flakes. Must be once they get the taste of beefheart they kinda laugh at the flake.

diamond_discus
03-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Thinking about trying this out as a staple flake for my discus... anyone here try this product? Interested in any experienced opinions. Thanks!

-Rich

I used to feed Ken's Beefheart flake to my discus .. They seems to like it well ... But that's before I know how to make my own beefheart mix.

I guess if you don't have any beefheart cube, the beefheart flake would work. Just don't overfeed. I have tried and still used many different Kens flake. My fishes like the flakes.

Greenheinie
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
My fish like it. It's just one of the many things I feed them, so even if BH is the 10th ingredient, they're still getting plenty of protein and goodies from other foods.

DiscusOnly
03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
I just got 1lb of this stuff. I don't plan to use it as the main food. Just trying to add another item to their menu.

smiley
03-30-2010, 02:36 PM
This stuff has surely triggered some spawning skills in my tank...

Moon
03-30-2010, 05:30 PM
This stuff has surely triggered some spawning skills in my tank...

Are you sure it's the flakes and not some of the other foods that you are feeding your discus?

smiley
03-31-2010, 04:01 PM
I only feed them spirulina flakes and beefheart flakes..both from kensfish...and once or twice a week - FBWs...thats all... & not like many to change water daily or anything...No RO Water...I change water 25% every third day...Dont get much time after work...

I have a new couple formed today (been dating for the last 2 days :D ) ...they have spawned in the community tank today..will post some pics tomorrow

whitedevil
03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
I just got 1lb of this stuff. I don't plan to use it as the main food. Just trying to add another item to their menu.

I mixed my 1lbs of the BH flake with 1 pound of angel flake and 1 pound of guppy flake, it mixes in well with the other flake and pretty much eliminates any overfeeding of the BH.

Harriett
03-31-2010, 04:43 PM
http://www.almostnaturaltropicalfishfood.com/

This is the address for a little business run by a guy named Ed who makes fish food for himself and has expanded it into a business. HIS WEBSITE IS WELL WORTH YOUR 5 MINUTES for a look. Bill Palumbo told me to check him out and we are now both faithful customers. He puts NO filler or junk in his flake or pellet or freeze dried foods. It is all human consumption level clean. Bill tried out like 5-6 kinds, I went straight for the BH/plankton/earthworm flakes which my discus love. He has all kinds of foods. I just went to the site and there is a problem with a couple of the screens on the website but I sent him an email to let him know and I am sure he will fix it quick. Heck of a nice guy, great products.
Best regards,
Harriett

Harriett
03-31-2010, 04:56 PM
I just got an email back from ED:

"Hi Harriett -

Yes, unfortunately there is currently a problem with my web site. :-(

As mentioned in the attached thread, this is a temporary condition and I will be able to continue fulfilling orders until it is resolved. It is in the process of being fixed now.

You can read in this thread what is going on:
http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/forum/index.php?topic=23879.0

By the way, a list of all of my foods and prices are also located further down in that same thread."

Hope this helps!
Harriett

Justice
04-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I bought two large bags of BH flake from Angels Plus. My fish won't touch it, although they love the real thing, and they love some of the other varieties of Angel's flakes. Must be once they get the taste of beefheart they kinda laugh at the flake.Joan, Try the Meat Eaters Flakes!