PDA

View Full Version : Message from John....

John_Nicholson
03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
and not from the V.P. of NADA. It has been brought to my attention the someone if upset with some of the comments in one of the threads. I do not know who you are or what you are upset about so it makes it hard for me to apologize. I don't think anyone in any of these threads meant to upset anyone. The worse case is several old friends got to joking around together. If it was the possibility of me wearing a dress well I can understand but don't worry...I have been married for 22 years, have 3 daughter, 1 granddaughter and another one on the way. The dress thing was from a function at work where I was required to wear a dress as a joke at a formal event. I don't what anyone to feel like an outsider. I want everyone to come forward and enjoy the best discus show that this country has ever seen. If anyone is truly upset please pm me and we can discuss it and work it out.

Thanks.

-john

Now back to being the V.P.

Chad Hughes
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
:confused:

Discus-Hans
03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
This looks as a serious post John and I'm sorry to hear somebody took this the wrong way.

But if you want to apologize, you can that to me.

Let's go a little back in the time, 2003 ACA in Cincinatti, all by myself, a simple Dutchy all the way in USA, setting up racks and tanks in the room, on my knees reaching under a rack, I turn around and that's the first thing I ever saw of John, 2 hairy legs in a dress. Unknown of the bets that were going on IF you would do it or not, I wish you never did, now a 7 years later, I still have night mares about that, so..........if you really want :angel:

Hans

Txredneck
03-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Dear Mr. John N.
Sorry to here that someone got there feelings hurt about the joke.
I am looking forward to the best discus party of my life ,Where else can I go to talk discus ,eat discus, drink discus would say sleep discus,( but don't think much of that will be going on), With a lot of discus Nuts like myself
So don't let one bad apple spoil the party and don't lose any sleep over it
And lets have a PARTY
Your Buddy
Tx redneck

PS Hans I am very sorry to here about Your night mares

John_Nicholson
03-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys. And Hans it might not have anything to do with the dress...see thats the problem, All I know is that someone was upset about something. I realize that Al can't tell me the who's or why's. And I support him fully in this. He owes the forum and he allows us to have a part on it and I really appreciate that. It kind of puts him in a bind. On one hand he needs to keep the forum lined out and running right, but on the other hand he is trying to let NADA take care of the NADA stuff. I wish whoever was upset would have contacted me so we could have figured it out, but unless they do it will remain a mystery. Whichever way it goes I just hope we can put it to bed and get back to getting this show together. It is shaping up to be a huge success. I hope to see everyone there.

-john

brewmaster15
03-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks John.:) I did encourage the people upset to contact NADA. I think its important whenever anyone has an issue with something someone does that they take it to the source and discuss it...and since NADA moderates their forum here...Thats really where complaints need to go...CC's to me are fine though!:)

One thing I know is that its absolutely impossible to please all the people on a large diverse forum such as this all the time, and sometimes people will take offense at something others post even if no ill was meant... Its going to happen....no doubts there..

People do need to consider that before they post and before they respond to a questionable post. Some times its best to just not post something or just ignore something posted. I can't tell you how many times I have written something and deleted it before I posted it...or how many times I have posted it and regretted it!

All in all..I'd really encourage people to take the time to discern offensive content that may be just good natured fun and offensive content mean't maliciously... There is a big difference there... and its something that as moderators we have to weigh...but its also something that members in this community need to weigh as well.:)

Take care,
al

Larry Bugg
03-30-2010, 09:38 AM
VERY well said Al

Txredneck
03-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks Al
I know being a moderator is a tuff job .
I have been on here since you started it(changed names a few time but always been here) and is THE place for Discus fans
And I know John and the others are working real hard to put on the NADA show .
The jokes are just guys having fun ,Life to short not to have fun
So lets get on with the Task at hand and lets Have a Discus PARTY
Your Friend
Tx Redneck

Harriett
03-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't think there was anything malicious going on in the thread 'I need a room mate', but considering that we frequently have teenagers here and that in fact we have all sorts of folks here, I AM thinking that an ongoing thread detailing for example: lap dances by a straight drunk guy for lesbians, ***** bars, cross dressing, etc, it might not be the best advertising for your first NADA show....on the other hand, I could be wrong and you may all feel it is a reasonable way for you to proceed...please don't tell me I don't have to read it if I don't like it, that is of course obvious, but also not really the point I am attempting to make here. Whatever, I just find it interesting that we censor the word S**T but this stuff is ok? I don't want to start some soap box deal, it's just an observation.
Best regards,
Harriett

John_Nicholson
03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Harriet sent you a PM.

Thanks.

-john

Harriett
03-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Ditto

best regards,
Harriett

DISCUS USA
03-30-2010, 05:29 PM
you see how it feels when you try have fun on the forums ..someone always gotta catch feelings and mess up the fun..

John_Nicholson
03-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Hector everything is good over here.

-john

Discus-Hans
03-31-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't think there was anything malicious going on in the thread 'I need a room mate', but considering that we frequently have teenagers here and that in fact we have all sorts of folks here, I AM thinking that an ongoing thread detailing for example: lap dances by a straight drunk guy for lesbians, ***** bars, cross dressing, etc, it might not be the best advertising for your first NADA show....on the other hand, I could be wrong and you may all feel it is a reasonable way for you to proceed...please don't tell me I don't have to read it if I don't like it, that is of course obvious, but also not really the point I am attempting to make here. Whatever, I just find it interesting that we censor the word S**T but this stuff is ok? I don't want to start some soap box deal, it's just an observation.
Best regards,
Harriett

Harriett,

I understand what you are saying but it makes me think, the teenagers part. Think my son was 12~13 and I thought it was time for the father son talk.
Me: Son, it's time, I think to talk about the girls
My son: No problem Dad, what do you want to know???????

Hans

Harriett
03-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Uh-huh, we had those sort of talks at my house with our boys also!
Best regards,
Harriett

MSD
03-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Cultural differences, some don't like "off color" humor no matter how mild, others live for it and think its great. Talking it out is the best solution and will at least let out inner feelings. And NADA is not the Supreme Court, a little good fun makes people want to go, and gives them lots to talk and laugh about for years. Now lets all unpucker. And you know, the most uptight ones in public, are usually the wildest in private. ;)

April
04-01-2010, 01:47 AM
i thinki still have that picture somewhere..

John_Nicholson
04-01-2010, 08:52 AM
April the fact that you saved it is somehow disturbing.....LOL

You going to make the show?

-john

mench
04-01-2010, 09:10 AM
I also have the pic of the simply lovely blue gown...if John is going to repeat I think this time he should spend a little more time at the spa for a compleat makeover and waxing...LOL
Sorry I can't be there this yr John,but I am going to be waiting for the pics...too many family stuff going on..and I had my room,show res.....oh well next yr,because I just know this show will be a huge hit with everyone
all the best

mench

John_Nicholson
04-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Man I was looking forward to see you again. Oh well I hope you are correct and we can have another one down the road at some point.

-john

korbi_doc
04-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Gosh Mench, I was looking forward to seeing you & exchanging "back" stories, lol, j/k.....you will be missed, seems like a long time...but, family first....

Dottie

April
04-02-2010, 12:13 AM
i dont think i will be there..john..but sounds like one i shouldnt miss. but..its my busiest time of year..and i may be going to toronto for an art show samne time period.
i didnt really try to keep that pic..changing puters etc..i back things up on disks before they die a terrible death. lol. no worries..its buried deep im sure.
whoever is trying ot picture this miss america....make sure you visualize a moustache on that face.lol. it tops it all off.

discusjoe27
04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
the little :argue: over this in-ter-web is crazy. john what's the lastest i can send you money, and where those discus yours at the tca auction?

John_Nicholson
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Joey I don't remember the cut off date. It should be on the website www.discus2010.com and if it not we will add it.

Those were some of my babies in the auction.

-john

Willie
04-25-2010, 03:37 PM
I ain't saying nuthin!

mench
04-25-2010, 05:15 PM
by some chance,this isn't the famous or infamous"coconuts Willie" is it????????

mench

Willie
04-26-2010, 10:49 PM
:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

Discus-Hans
04-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Willie's coconuts and John's dress will follow them the rest of their lives.

Funny it both was on my first fish show in the USA, you can see it didn't impress me much, I came back but ................ I come from a world were it's not easy to shock people anymore lol lol lol

Hans

John_Nicholson
04-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Hans I know for a fact that you were impressed.....

-john

Discus-Hans
04-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Hans I know for a fact that you were impressed.....

-john

the legs John the legs lol

Hans