PDA

View Full Version : Dosing

jball1125
04-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone!

Can anyone help me out with dosing. I have a 75 gallon with some anubias crypts and mosses. The tank is low tech.

What do you dose and what are your dosing schedules?

THANKS

waters10
04-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey everyone!

Can anyone help me out with dosing. I have a 75 gallon with some anubias crypts and mosses. The tank is low tech.

What do you dose and what are your dosing schedules?

THANKS
I'm really no expert, but I can give you some pointers on where to start your research.

For starters, crypts are heavy root feeders, so root tabs are usually recommended.

If you want to dose the water column, I'd recommend looking into flourish excel for a carbon source. Then you could dose flourish or go with dry ferts. If you decide to go with dry ferts, you're gonna have to do some research on dosage methods, like EI (estimative index) or PPS-PRO. EI calls for 1 50% water change every week and PPS-PRO lets you decide when and how much water you want to change.

Another option, is to not dose anything and see how it goes. It all depends on your fish load and plant load. Maybe posting a pic here Like I said, I'm not expert, so I won't recommend anything in your case, just giving you pointers to do some research and then make a decision.

Good Luck!