PDA

View Full Version : Lights can get confusing.

jball1125
04-13-2010, 10:04 PM
I have a low tech 75 gallon tank with some anubias and mosses.

I keep getting different advice on what my lighting should be. And to be honest the watts per gallon rule doesnt seem to work very well considering all the different types of bulbs out there.

Can someone guide me in the right directions as to what my lighting should be?

I really appreciate any help.

THANKS

waters10
04-13-2010, 10:11 PM
I have a low tech 75 gallon tank with some anubias and mosses.

I keep getting different advice on what my lighting should be. And to be honest the watts per gallon rule doesnt seem to work very well considering all the different types of bulbs out there.

Can someone guide me in the right directions as to what my lighting should be?

I really appreciate any help.

THANKS
I was going to post a link to a thread. Then I went to plantedtank.net to find that thread. Then I saw you posted the same question there. Then I saw the first reply there, had a link to the thread I was going to link. :D

So yeah, they are nudging you in the right direction. :)

jball1125
04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the reply,

The reason I posted here was because I was only getting replies from one person on the planted tank and I figured I should get some other opinions.:)

waters10
04-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the reply,

The reason I posted here was because I was only getting replies from one person on the planted tank and I figured I should get some other opinions.:)
That's ok. That thread he linked, has good info. It deviates from the wpg rule and is based on real life measurements. Good info!

jball1125
04-13-2010, 11:18 PM
I agree. Looks like real good info. :)